FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events VelveteenLounge & CaptainQuad's Holiday Party December 1st
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
VelveteenLounge & CaptainQuad's Holiday Party December 1st
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 3:31 pm   Permalink

Many thanks to Kelly and Paul for hosting such a fabulous soiree
in their charming home. Everyone had a swell time!
The following photos are proof that East Coast Tiki people
can still have fun in cold weather!!!

Mahalo for the merriment!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 6:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the great pix Kiki and thank you so much to everyone who made the long haul to our little Lounge! You guys are amazing and it's been great getting to know you all this year. RevThumper and Kristiki, thanks for hauling the large load of booze from NH and for all your help!

Here are some shots we took:

and this seemed even more hilarious after a bunch o' drinks:

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 06:13 am   Permalink

Doh!!

Sorry i couldn't make it. Looks like everyone had a swingin' time.

And the pad looks totally swankified in a holiday way.

Next year, I promise. (unless its a Pats home game)

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 06:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-03 06:13, Bargoyle wrote:

Next year, I promise. (unless its a Pats home game)

I doubt if we'd see RevThumper and Kristiki in that case, either!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 07:21 am   Permalink

I've been depressed all weekend that I couldn't get to the party!
RATS!
Now seeing all the pics, I'm even more depressed.
UGGH!

Sorry I didn't make it Paul and Kelly.
Looks like quite the swank pad...
and now we know where all the beautiful people were this weekend!
Merry Christmas to all!

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Martiki-bird
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 09:26 am   Permalink

What a swell way to kick off the season! We both want to thank Velveteen Lounge and Captain Quad for hosting such a fantabluous shindig and it was great seeing everyone again, and (woohoo!) we even beat the snow coming home. Looie Kalua will post pics tonite. XXOO hohoho!

View Profile of Martiki-bird Send a personal message to Martiki-bird  Email Martiki-bird Goto the website of Martiki-bird     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-03 12:45 pm   Permalink

Mucho Mahalo to Kelly & Paul for swanky Christmas soiree. Everything was top notch. Kelly, loved the hair it was just fab. Paul, great smoking jacket (glad you tested it to make sure it worked). Glad to hear everyone made it home safe n sound.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 1:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks to the fabulous Velveteen Lounge and CaptainQuad for the hospitality. Tjis was the swankiest holiday party ever! Thanks to the other TC ohana for the great pics.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 2:09 pm   Permalink

Thank YOU all so much! A party is only as good as the people there!

kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-03 5:29 pm   Permalink

We had so much fun seeing/meeting everyone! Thanks for posting the pictures... it was a blast.

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 2:34 pm   Permalink

That looked awesome! Miss and I wished we were there...

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
captainquad
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-06 12:51 pm   Permalink

Dang, I'm still coming down myself, and I wasn't even smoking one of the Acid stogies! I will commend the gents and gal who were out there in the gonad-shrinking weather--it was bloody hell cold out there but y'all were troopers. Heck, that's why I busted out the private stock. Oh, and I totally forgot--the rat fez is from the super-secret FOM Rodent Lodge. Wait, did I say that? Forget all about that. This email will self-destruct in five seconds.

This may have been the best damn party I've ever been to, which is more awesome considering I was able to fall into bed at the end of it. It was so not only because of the herculean efforts of VelveteenLounge but also the ad hoc aid of Kristiki and The Rev, who took care of so many last minute details, including deluxe cocktails found NOWHERE else (we destroyed the last of the Orinoco for security purposes.) Then there are the guests and all I can say is without ya, it's just happy hour for two, we love you all. Everyone was so generous with their time and fabulous gifts and helped make it a rocking good event. Me, well shucks I just get to live here year 'round, with the best gal in the world.

Now, onward to the next round--is that you, LM & BG? Home entertainment rules the roost, no question in my mind!
Yes'm.
They'll get together.

View Profile of captainquad Send a personal message to captainquad  Email captainquad Goto the website of captainquad     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-06 2:14 pm   Permalink

That's right Cap'n, the fun starts all over a week from tomorrow at Ray's quickly followed by festivities in the Meadowlands at Damian & Gina's. I better hurry up and rest this weekend!

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Looie Kalua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-17 9:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-03 09:26, Martiki-bird wrote:
Looie Kalua will post pics tonite.

Took me a bit longer. Here are a few of the good ones, though.

Tending the spread. The food was very yummy!

The lovely wahinis discuss wahini-stuff. Bird Girl, Martiki-bird, and Velveteenlounge.

Rugbymatt (as his usual festive self) and Kristiki enjoy the killer tiki bar area.

The dashing Captain, with Martiki-bird looking giggly.

Keep up the good holiday party action, people! It's been a fun season.

View Profile of Looie Kalua Send a personal message to Looie Kalua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-17 9:55 pm   Permalink

Great pix, Looie Kalua, thanks for posting! And Happy Birthday!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation