Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music New Ukulele songs
New Ukulele songs
Papaya Boy

Posted: 2007-10-26 09:35 am   Permalink

Aloha yall,
I'm halfway finished with a new cd of all original songs, and I'm trying to see if there is enough interst in them for me to continue with this project. Could you take a listen and give me some feedback? Thanks,
PB

http://web.mac.com/thepapayaboy/iWeb/Papaya%20Boy/FA6FB3B3-EEDA-4E56-9AEE-800490B4DA6C.html PB

View Profile of Papaya Boy Send a personal message to Papaya Boy  Email Papaya Boy Goto the website of Papaya Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-27 05:37 am   Permalink

Excellent work PB! The instrumentation in Whut? is first rate, you've created a beautiful, full sound. Broken Shells really pulls you in, and it reminds me of some of Craig Robinson's work. Comeman's March shows you know your way around the uke, I aspire to finger pick like that some day. Thanks for sharing!

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Papaya Boy

Posted: 2007-10-28 08:56 am   Permalink

Thanks for the kind words Bongo! I've decided to continue with the project .The website will be closed this evening and will be back up when its finished.

PB

View Profile of Papaya Boy Send a personal message to Papaya Boy  Email Papaya Boy Goto the website of Papaya Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-30 09:41 am   Permalink

Bradenton ehh?
You need to come down and play with us next time we practice at Coquina.
I'd like to hear a Bass Uke - never have before.

I love the Broken Shells btw.
The March reminds me of Hiram Bell and his style, which I like.

Cold Day in Bradenton - funny.
I didn't get the first one but I'll give it another listen at night sometime.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Papaya Boy

Posted: 2007-10-30 2:56 pm   Permalink

Let me know when Pablous! Serious, I'd love to meet you guys.
Funny you mentioned Coquina,Ive been painting the north bath house for 4 weeks now,50 yds from the gulf.

PB

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation