FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Vhooda, Middleburg Heights, Ohio (restaurant/bar)
Vhooda, Middleburg Heights, Ohio (restaurant/bar)
lynxwiler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-30 11:15 pm   Permalink

Name:Vhooda
Type:restaurant
Street:18590 E. Bagley Road
City:Middleburg Heights
State:OH
Zip:44130
Phone:440-234-1001

Description:
A former Cooker's restaurant in the middle of a suburban shopping mall parking lot. The exterior is a combo of Polynesian and Mayan styles.

[ This Message was edited by: lynxwiler 2007-10-30 23:24 ]

[ This Message was edited by: lynxwiler 2007-10-30 23:24 ]

View Profile of lynxwiler Send a personal message to lynxwiler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lynxwiler
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-10-30 11:23 pm   Permalink

Here's a few photos from a recent trip. The exterior looks, well, sterile and cold. I passed by during the morning so couldn't take a peek inside or sample the menu, but from what I'm now reading online, there's no reason to go. The food has been compared to TGI Friday's and aparently they've dropped their tiki cocktail menu for less complex drinks. Pabst anyone?

View Profile of lynxwiler Send a personal message to lynxwiler      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibars
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-10-31 11:46 am   Permalink

I visited this place over the summer.

It is a BIG ZERO.

There is a "Tiki Bar" on the patio, but the manager told me that they discontinued the tropical drink menu, completely, because the drinks were too much of a hassle to make. He then told me that the bar's focus was "high volume".

In other words, he basically told me that they are interested in quantity over quality.

The main dining room is kind of cool in a Disney-sterile way.
Wrecked Mayan temple vibe, not Tiki but still Exotic. More of an Yma Sumac thing than an Arthur Lyman!

The food is Ok at best and pretty expensive.

Skip this one, completely.

View Profile of tikibars Send a personal message to tikibars  Email tikibars Goto the website of tikibars     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation