FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Waterfall Volcano, what EyeballJohn did this summer
Waterfall Volcano, what EyeballJohn did this summer
EyeballJohn
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-07 2:58 pm   Permalink

Too many project's, too little time, I'm always doing 10 things at once, Why?, I don't know, I like to torture myself, at the beginning of the summer I was set on building a Waterfall Volcano in my back yard, something on the size of about 10-12 feet high, summers are so short here on Long Island and before I knew it it was June already so I decided to build a smaller version, this one is 5 feet tall. I made a wooden frame and topped it off with one of speaker covers I made, used cardboard and 2 inch tape to get my shape then covered this with fiberglass and spray foam, and painted it to look like stone,added a few pockets for plants, used a mister/fogger with lights to get the effect I wanted and a small water pump. Looks good ( espicailly at night)and works very well, also made a new Tiki Fire God for the deck and some Moai with lights in them to add to the mood, a little at a time I'm making my tropical paradise even if it lasts only a few months a year, well that's what I did this summer, check out some pics here and more if you like on my site www.Eyeballjohn.com, just click on Tiki Lounge, let me know what ya think, Later John

View Profile of EyeballJohn Send a personal message to EyeballJohn  Email EyeballJohn Goto the website of EyeballJohn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-07 10:28 pm   Permalink

Very cool stuff....did you happen to make a mold of the fire god tiki? I would like one of those around my backyard paradise.....good job!!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Clarita
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 06:05 am   Permalink

Nice! a lot of work done this summer!

View Profile of Clarita Send a personal message to Clarita  Goto the website of Clarita     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EyeballJohn
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-10 3:31 pm   Permalink

Hi, thanks. Glad you like my work, I know to the HardCore Tiki coniseur? my frown on any Tiki carving not done in wood but Hay, I've been working with Fiberglass since I was 17 and that's a long time ago, so I use what I know, I did make a mold of the Fire God Tiki, I should have them done and up on E-bay next week if anyone is interested? they are also used as speaker covers. It's in the 40's outside right now and I'm sittin by the fireplace with a Tiki drink in hand Dreamin bout when I can be outside again, Aloha to all and to all a Good Night, John

View Profile of EyeballJohn Send a personal message to EyeballJohn  Email EyeballJohn Goto the website of EyeballJohn     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-10 4:52 pm   Permalink

Nice work, the moai lamps are may favourite, got a cool lava look to them

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rwhgeek
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-12 3:56 pm   Permalink

Speaking as a non-purist myself, love the work.

View Profile of rwhgeek Send a personal message to rwhgeek  Email rwhgeek Goto the website of rwhgeek     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freddimon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-13 4:00 pm   Permalink

Hi EBJ,
Just read your response to my tiki mold thread, Thanx! I do want more about what you know on the subject! Nice Tiki lamp, BTW!

View Profile of Freddimon Send a personal message to Freddimon  Email Freddimon Goto the website of Freddimon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation