FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Project: Pimento LIVE at Forbidden Island Dec. 9th @ 4:00pm!
Project: Pimento LIVE at Forbidden Island Dec. 9th @ 4:00pm!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-11-08 12:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

The two great tastes that go great together: Forbidden Island & Project: Pimento!!

You know ‘em, you love ‘em- now experience the incredible one-of-a-kind Theremin lounge sounds of Project: Pimento in the tropical splendor of Forbidden Island.

Sunday, December 9th starting at 4:00pm: The perfect way to shake off the winter blues on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Project: Pimento has been a big part of many tiki events over the years, including The SF Tiki Crawl, Tiki Oasis, Thrillville at the Parkway, and much more. We’re delighted to welcome them to FI. Experience them live and take home copies of their outstanding albums for your own swanky pad.

Learn more at:
http://www.projectpimento.com/

See you there!

Mahalo!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-08 12:51 pm   Permalink

Yipeee!! That rocks! I'm so there!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-11-18 09:18 am   Permalink

BUMP!

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 12:42 pm   Permalink

Wow, how did I miss this post? That sounds great! Barring any unforseen holiday circumstances, Coco Loco and I are in!!!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 2:58 pm   Permalink

I saw Project Pimento in Fullerton, at the Continentall Club,
then the sadly gone, Lava Lounge in Hollywood.
and then at Tiki Oasis V

they are spectacular.

how many other lounge/Exotica bands have a Therimen player in the band.

go see them if in the area for sure.

Jeff(bigtikidude)
p.s. please ask them to come back down to So. Cal. again.

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 10:54 pm   Permalink

I'll be there tomorrow!

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 01:47 am   Permalink

So will I!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 07:53 am   Permalink

Have a good time everyone!

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 1:29 pm   Permalink

Our favorite band playing live at our favorite bar!!
We can't wait...

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-12-09 3:56 pm   Permalink

Ten minutes to showtime!

Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 02:52 am   Permalink

Hey, that was a great show! Man, the joint was really hoppin'! Much thanks to Martin, and also to all of the Forbidden Island staff for crankin' out all those drinks lickety split to all of the thirsty masses - man, Mel was lightning fast, I couldn't even see her hands moving!

I don't have a camera right now, anyone take any pics?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-12-11 2:58 pm   Permalink

That was a great show! Thanks to everyone who packed the joint, and big thanks to Pimento who were fantastic as usual. All the best to the rotund-yet-still-sultry Lola Bombay, who is due in February, but promises to be back in action as soon as the kid is popped out.

And we'll definitely look forward to having them back again as soon as we can!

Mahalo!

Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 8:07 pm   Permalink

Here's a couple of pics. I must say, Project:Pimento's bird calls (on the Theremin!!) and sultry rhythms were a perfect accompaniment to FI's decor and ambiance. Almost like a perfect soundtrack.
For those who didn't make it, don't worry. They will definitely be back!!

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation