FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars Tiki Trav's new home bar . Now Packed Down!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Trav's new home bar . Now Packed Down!
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 4:53 pm   Permalink

Here some pics of the bar i am building in my new pad, need to have it done by New years eve and making good progress....

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Trav 2008-01-20 21:20 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Trav 2008-02-24 17:40 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Trav 2010-03-06 03:05 ]

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-11 6:28 pm   Permalink

Looking good so far mate The old bar looked pretty cool, so I've got high expectations!

I won't be able to make New Years, but I'm keen to check out the bar when she's done. Where abouts are you? My brother is moving to Endowie at the end of the month, I might organise to drop in when I visit him in the new year.

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
greentikipat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-12 07:36 am   Permalink

very cool so far- i'll keep tabs on this. love the home bar projects.

View Profile of greentikipat Send a personal message to greentikipat  Email greentikipat Goto the website of greentikipat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
harro
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-12 1:07 pm   Permalink

hey Tiki Trav,

good to see a serious tiki bar build-out in Oz!! Looking awesome so far. keep up the progress pics!!!

cheers,
harro.

View Profile of harro Send a personal message to harro  Email harro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-12 2:11 pm   Permalink

What is that on the ceiling? Welcome mats? Woven sisal twine?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-12 2:45 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-12 14:11, freddiefreelance wrote:

Hey Mr Freelance,
It's what i believe is called "sea-grass matting", it's a flooring product but i figured it would make a great textured ceiling covering so i scored it from ebay.. total cost $27, so far have spent less than $100 on the entire project...

View Profile of Tiki Trav Send a personal message to Tiki Trav  Email Tiki Trav     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 5:36 pm   Permalink

Great start Trav... OK if I learn from you before I start mine? Oh, and did I get it right, we're all invited over for New Year's Eve?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 6:49 pm   Permalink

Thats right.. all welcome.. (hopefully the distance will deter the masses)
Also feel free to use some of my ideas.. some are liberated from here anyways...

Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-16 04:54 am   Permalink

Nice poster Trav... "Wear your drinking garb", I like that, and would not have thought of it! Please post more pictures as you make progress with your bar.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-16 05:17 am   Permalink

Tiki Trav,

Congrats on the new bar mate. Had a great time with the Aussies in Cardiff during the RWC after they beat Wales. Sorry they got knocked out but I did pick the Boks to take the cup. Will we see you at Oasis next year?

Matt

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 2:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-16 05:17, rugbymatt wrote:
Tiki Trav,

Congrats on the new bar mate. Had a great time with the Aussies in Cardiff during the RWC after they beat Wales. Sorry they got knocked out but I did pick the Boks to take the cup. Will we see you at Oasis next year?

Matt

Of course you had a good time with Aussies! they will generally drink the same amount win or lose..

Seriously hoping to hit the Oasis Trifecta, not sure how at this stage but...well... it's important, and you know what an honour it is to represent your country.. ha ha
Cheers

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 8:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-12 14:45, Tiki Trav wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-12 14:11, freddiefreelance wrote:

Hey Mr Freelance,
It's what i believe is called "sea-grass matting", it's a flooring product but i figured it would make a great textured ceiling covering so i scored it from ebay.. total cost $27, so far have spent less than $100 on the entire project...

It's very "Old School" of you Trav !

Lot's o old poly pop places put flooring on the ceiling so when you fell of your chair you think you're still good to go. or something like that.

Lookin good!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 1:30 pm   Permalink

some new pics....

Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 3:36 pm   Permalink

Looking good, at this rate it'll be really fine by New Year's Eve!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 5:21 pm   Permalink

Thanks Sneaky,... still lots to be done though...

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation