FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
BonzoGal

Posted: 2008-06-06 2:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-06 10:35, Cammo wrote:

7. Nighttime wear. Everybody showers and changes for the pm activities.

Thanks for the great suggestions! I'm road-tripping down from the bay area, so I'll pack all this stuff.

For "nigthtime wear", do you mean fabulous evening fashions (smoking jackets, fezzes) or jammies? (Or both?)

View Profile of BonzoGal Send a personal message to BonzoGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 2:19 pm   Permalink

I would go with the smoking jackets and fezzes. Although if your jammies make you comfortable, hey, roll with it!

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 3:07 pm   Permalink

13) Snacks/Food

A) Often times Room Service is very slow
B) The Restaurants in the hotel can get crowded
C) If you are drinking -- you'll not want to drive
D) Snacks/Food - Non-perishable if you don't have a fridge in your room

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiwinebear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 3:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-06 15:07, CheekyGirl wrote:
13) Snacks/Food

Yeah!!! What CheekGirl said. The hotel closed one restaurant last year, and the rest were understaffed. This made it difficult to eat and run to the next crawl room. SO PREPARE IN ADVANCE.

Myke

View Profile of tikiwinebear Send a personal message to tikiwinebear  Email tikiwinebear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BonzoGal

Posted: 2008-06-06 3:33 pm   Permalink

Thanks VERY much y'all. I'm going to start eating now to make sure I have enough body fat to absorb all the rum I'll be uploading.

I'll bring a coffeemaker too, to make sure Mr. BonzoGal is adequately caffeinated! (And a CostCo sized bottle of Advil for the morning after. Speaking of which- I've heard about the room crawl- does any of them have a "morning after" room for Gatorade, Advil, ice-packs and bacon sandwiches?)

View Profile of BonzoGal Send a personal message to BonzoGal      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CheekyGirl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-06 6:26 pm   Permalink

Oh....and most importantly.... DR. Z'Z HANG-OVER CURE!

3 Vitamin B ("Super B Complex"*)
3 Lecithin
3 aspirin

At least 1 full glass of water.

View Profile of CheekyGirl Send a personal message to CheekyGirl  Email CheekyGirl Goto the website of CheekyGirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chief Bartender
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 3:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-06 14:19, Jason Wickedly wrote:
I would go with the smoking jackets and fezzes. Although if your jammies make you comfortable, hey, roll with it!

Hey! I was planning bringing at least one of my smoking jackets this year. I'll probably bring my meager fez, but may be purchasing a deluxe Fez-o-Rama one this year.

View Profile of Chief Bartender Send a personal message to Chief Bartender  Email Chief Bartender     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-07 4:39 pm   Permalink

Maybe you should come up with a different name for him than "Mr. BonzoGal".

Just a suggestion, y'know. Hey, whatever is cool with vous is cool avec moi.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BonzoGal

Posted: 2008-06-09 09:14 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-07 16:39, Cammo wrote:
Maybe you should come up with a different name for him than "Mr. BonzoGal".

Just a suggestion, y'know. Hey, whatever is cool with vous is cool avec moi.

Heh- naaaah, he likes being my trophy husband.

Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-10 6:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

13) Snacks/Food

Check out
www.tikioasis.com Beyond the Oasis for restaurant info
There are some good eateries right on Hotel Circle
You can cab or drive prior to drinking

http://www.tikioasis.com/beyond.html

also some folks ordered pizzas to be delivered. This is especially keen for late eats as the restaurant closes fairly early, and room service does take a while unless you pre-order (breakfast!)

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2008-06-10 6:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-06 15:33, BonzoGal wrote:
Thanks VERY much y'all. I'm going to start eating now to make sure I have enough body fat to absorb all the rum I'll be uploading.

I'll bring a coffeemaker too, to make sure Mr. BonzoGal is adequately caffeinated!

I'm pretty sure every room has a coffeemaker with decent coffee. Most rooms have fridges for your milk and snacks too.

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 10:31 am   Permalink

Otto, when is there going to be a schedule for the dj's
and symposiums?

thanks,
Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-11 10:48 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-06-10 18:16, Otto wrote:
Quote:

13) Snacks/Food

Check out http://www.tikioasis.com Beyond the Oasis for restaurant info
There are some good eateries right on Hotel Circle
You can cab or drive prior to drinking

http://www.tikioasis.com/beyond.html

also some folks ordered pizzas to be delivered. This is especially keen for late eats as the restaurant closes fairly early, and room service does take a while unless you pre-order (breakfast!)

May I suggest Adam's Steak and Eggs on the opposite side of Hotel Circle from the Hanalei. Perfect for a hangover recovery breakfast...it's been there since the beginning of time. I remember my mom taking us there when I was a kid. Ruth's Chris (or even Black Angus) it ain't, but cheap steak and a Bloody Mary should cure what ails ya.

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Fink
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-12 1:41 pm   Permalink

Last year the hotel was forward thinking enough to have an outdoor grill going during most of the day. I sincerely hope that is the case this year. Taking advantage of the outdoor grill can save many and numerous headaches with room or restaurant service.

I do hope the hotel staffs up for this thing. I can understand that last year caught them by suprise.

T.F.

View Profile of Tiki Fink Send a personal message to Tiki Fink  Email Tiki Fink     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTodsmack
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-17 4:50 pm   Permalink

What happen to Tiki Oasis myspace page?

View Profile of TikiTodsmack Send a personal message to TikiTodsmack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation