FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-15 4:49 pm   Permalink

Holy Coconutz, I've had more fun in the last 24 hours than in the last 24 weeks and the thing hasn't technically even started yet! The hotel staff seems willing to let us get away with just about ANYTHING...

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telvins

Posted: 2008-08-15 6:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha,

it seems that someone inadvertantly walked off with my large Mort the Bowler tiki mug (from Tiki Farm) at the Bali Hai on Thursday. I rested my mug on the stage so that i could dance more outlandishly at about 10pm, and at 11pm it had grown legs and walked off. Please let me know if you happen to see it.

Mahalo,
Tiki Todd

View Profile of telvins Send a personal message to telvins  Email telvins     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
telvins

Posted: 2008-08-15 6:17 pm   Permalink

Here's a photo of the missing mug in question.

View Profile of telvins Send a personal message to telvins  Email telvins     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-17 8:14 pm   Permalink

fun stuff! ill post some pics soon!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 07:03 am   Permalink

Wow! That was such a BLAST!!

So many were running around taking photos of everything there...I thought I would just focus on pictures of hands. I stated this "Show of Hands" thread here
in the Ohana area
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=29508&forum=15&1

I already can't wait till next year.

Peace.

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 07:26 am   Permalink

Whew! What a great weekend. Don't know where to start with the glad to have met yous and the great to have seen yous and the thank yous. I'll try just handling the thank yous.
To da boys at Ghouligan's, Toe, Daves not home, Clydsdale, Holden and Tiki Trav thanks for all the good ribbing and fun throughout the weekend. To Ran, thanks for the Undead cocktails. Nicely done as always. To Notch and Danny, thanks for da mug and just being cool. To all my fellow Finkniks, thanks for making it exactly the kind of fun that really counts. Thanks to Otto and Baby Doe for one of the best party's ever. And a big thanks to Gecko for the big chunk of aloha. Your generosity is stunning.
Had a great time with everyone, friends old and new. Can't wait for next year.
I intend to spend the next couple days fighting off the post Oasis depression.
Cheers and Aloha to you all.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 08:16 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2008-08-18 08:17 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 09:33 am   Permalink

on the oasis site

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilands
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-08-18 09:49 am   Permalink

Mr & Mrs Tikilands would like to share the photos from this great weekend. There a few video clips as well. Thanks to everyone for making this a Grand event. We had a blast.

Here is the link:

http://tikilands.smugmug.com/share/GDxGGg4Gx5fhQ

View Profile of tikilands Send a personal message to tikilands  Email tikilands     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 11:17 am   Permalink

We also had a great time. Brought a friend along for the festivities, too. Super time was had by all (of course!). Seeing, hearing and meeting Robert Drasnin was definitely a highlight, and Waitiki is awesome!
Thanks to Otto and everyone (artists, musicians, dancers, tech folk) for their hard work!

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 11:55 am   Permalink

Great seeing all of you there this past weekend. Yet I do apologize that I rarely remember names. Come to think of it..... I'm not quite sure where I've been for the last 72 hours...... What a blast this was! The room crawls! The booze, The bands, The Venders whom I ignored (sorry)..... The girls, The Booze! Robert Drasnin, The Booze! Speacial thanks to Otto and the crew that put together a great time for all! In anycase Hope to see you guys next year.

Did I mention the Booze?!

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-18 2:50 pm   Permalink

anyone know if the stolen tiki-poles were returned?

i am still in favor of tar and feathering the kook(s) who took em.

These kind of vandals give us binge-drinkers a bad name!

[ This Message was edited by: BigToe 2008-08-18 14:52 ]

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 2:56 pm   Permalink

Stealin' tikis is a hangin' offensive 'round these parts.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-08-18 2:56 pm   Permalink

I have a better idea...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oP1NMB_I0s

...seriously...that was the only disappointment of the whole weekend. ESPECIALLY at THIS of all events.

Total Violation of the Tiki Manifesto.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2008-08-18 15:00 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 4:18 pm   Permalink

So it would be our duty.... Then to retreive the tiki's if found? Whom ever took them has got to ge gloating. Gloating leads to doing stupid things like putting them up on ebay, or showing them to friends. Yeah I'll be lookin'. Whome ever took them..... The honorable thing to do, returning them to the hotel, that ship has sailed. The relics, as I know, have not been returned. So as far as I'm concerned police may not be needed......... at first. However they maybe called in to protect them from some very angry tikiphiles. I hope we practice restraint. Although.......

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation