FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 5:07 pm   Permalink

Mr Lucky was on the case and it reads like a Pulp novel that will go down in the books-Dames, bootleg rum, organized crime, and the skin trade. No-one brings anything small into a bar around here......

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 5:38 pm   Permalink

A stolen tiki? Is there a picture of it

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 5:41 pm   Permalink

I talked with hotel management this morning (forgot my cell phone charger and had to go get it) and I was told that someone found out who stole the tikis. The thieves were contacted by that someone and the thieves intended to return the tikis to the hotel. Good news there. At 3:00 this afternoon they had still not been returned but the day aint over yet.
Cheers

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 6:05 pm   Permalink

Had such a fantastic time...seems like it went by in a flash, some kind of crazy dream especially after looking down at the atrium at what seemed like an empty hotel around 5 pm in the afternoon on Sunday.

Thanks, appreciation and LOVE goes out to everyone I came in contact with (even if it was just a friendly "Hi!") for being a part of the hands-down best weekend of the year! This year it was especially wonderful meeting and hanging with all the tiki people from my hometown of Tucson. Another set of thanks to everyone who bought a record or CD and those of you who dug the DJ set on Saturday afternoon. And, of course, thanks to everyone who handed me a drink!!

I did manage to lose my camera case...it is a brown IKON case with a long strap...there is a memory card inside as well....if anyone finds it let me know. I also left my Goof mug in one of the rooms...

I hope to see all you Los Angeles tiki people at La Luz de Jesus/Wacko on Friday for the Robert Drasnin / Heather Watts signing...let's do something fun afterward....Tiki Ti is walking distance from the gallery!

Also, please send a friend request to my Myspace page.
xoxoxo
L
www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 17:41, Matt Reese wrote:
I talked with hotel management this morning (forgot my cell phone charger and had to go get it) and I was told that someone found out who stole the tikis. The thieves were contacted by that someone and the thieves intended to return the tikis to the hotel. Good news there. At 3:00 this afternoon they had still not been returned but the day aint over yet.
Cheers

That is good news. Let us know if there are any updates as to their safe return.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 6:30 pm   Permalink

So then it really WAS one of our group? Shameful.

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Shipwreckjoey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 7:02 pm   Permalink

I only attended the Saturday event, so I had to pack four days of Tiki Oasis into about ten hours. Special thanks to Sven Kirsten for signing my book (the awesome Tiki Modern) and Billy the Crud, Forbidden Island and anybody Else's room party I might have stumbled into. The Creepy Creeps are my new fave band. Zombies rule. Long live(?) the walking dead.

[ This Message was edited by: Shipwreckjoey 2008-08-18 19:18 ]

View Profile of Shipwreckjoey Send a personal message to Shipwreckjoey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 18:05, DJLee wrote:
. . . . Thanks, appreciation and LOVE goes out to everyone I came in contact with (even if it was just a friendly "Hi!") for being a part of the hands-down best weekend of the year! . . . .

xoxoxo
L

Great comments Lee and I am with you 100%. Also thanks for the great tunes poolside - The Enchanted Farm got some great looks out of the first time Oasis-ers.

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:11 pm   Permalink

From my eyeballs, it was great seeing the SF Tiki Team working hand in hand with the SD Locals to make everything go as fun under the sun as possible.

Sharing laffs with Otto and the whole Forbidden Island regulars, while Buzzy was busy signing mostly naked photos of himself, and Billy the Crud was carting Tikis marked 'Sold" on 'em, and Tikiwinebear and those Fun Girls were mixing drinks and sneaking to the front of every line they could was as great a weekend as I could imagine, and I can imagine some pretty GREAT weekends!

Thanks to everybody, and thanks to TikiTony for the great pendant, Lee for the amazing fish, the Martini Kings for the vibes, and Buzzy again just for being so Buzzed.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
DJLee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:21 pm   Permalink

Tiki Bob, wow, great photo of us...I'm going to snag it for the Myspace page hope you don't mind! Glad you enjoyed the set and reactions to "Enchanted Farm," will bring it again next year!

www.dionysusrecords.com

Join me for "Over Under Sideways Down" on LuxuriaMusic.com Wednesdays, 3-5 PM Pacific

View Profile of DJLee Send a personal message to DJLee  Goto the website of DJLee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Billy the Crud
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:25 pm   Permalink

I have so many "thank you"s to give out, I can hardly see straight. I just got all of my photos downloaded and I'll have them up when I recover a little more. I had a GREAT time, but things feel like they're changing a little.
Next year, I'm actually looking forward to some campy "Back to the Beach" stuff......especially since I still have a bunch of surfboard blanks that Thomas and I are going to paint and/or carve. TV and vegging out are calling me!

http://www.myspace.com/sandiegotikicarvers

"96 tears from 96 eyes".....RIP Lux Interior

View Profile of Billy the Crud Send a personal message to Billy the Crud  Email Billy the Crud Goto the website of Billy the Crud     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole'akamai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-18 18:30, beadtiki wrote:
So then it really WAS one of our group? Shameful.

I heard the story and it wasn't "one of us"...

View Profile of Haole'akamai Send a personal message to Haole'akamai      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

Just remembered a couple other thanks
Heath for all the help setting up those damn dancer stages (and tearing them down). I would've been in bad shape without your help.
Thanks to Doug Horne for the guitar signature.
There will probably be more as my feeble memory starts to return.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 9:00 pm   Permalink

Well now that is good news regarding the Tiki's. I could really care less who tried to pull them. I'm really just happy that they maybe heading back home.
Still was pretty childish.

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-18 9:35 pm   Permalink

What a fun time, and HOW exhausted I (still) am. I got back home to Houston Sunday evening.

My bag: not so much.

At least (thank GAWD) it happened on the way home and not going out there! Of course, my sheet music for Drasnin and costume were in my carry-on, but it woulda gotten kinda old wearing my travel clothes and/or Leopard Woman for the whole weekend. I turned in a description of the exterior of the bag, but I was SO little disappointed that Continental Airlines didn't ask for a list of items it contained. They would have loved:
* a dozen-odd Hawaiian dresses
* a leopard outfit
* a full bottle of Montecristo rum (thanks, Martin!)
* 2 (gorgeous) tiki mugs
* a shrunken head

I really wanted to see her expression on that last one.

My bag did arrive tonight, and it was ransacked....but nothing was missing.

Then I saw the "The TSA searched your bag" notice and realized that my dream came true; better than my *telling* of a shrunken head in my bag, somebody got to discover it!

I can't begin to thank everyone sufficiently, but:
* thank you Otto & Doe - and wonderful Bob Drasnin - for having me there. What a privilege to get to sing those songs.
* Martin, thank you for another amazing seminar (and all of Team Zombie!). I love slinging dri-, er, tiny plastic cups for you.
* Mateo, great volunteer coordinating!
* My brethren in the FOM - how proud I am to be part of you
* Room crawl givers: I salute your creativity and I appreciate your booze, snacks, and decor. A lot!
* Mark R, thank you for the MANY hours you put in to make an incredibly hard show come off.
* Brit, Jeanne, Kat - thanks for being the best girlfriends evah.

I can't even begin to list all the people who made my time there wonderful, but I especially enjoyed getting to see so many people whom I've known for 7 or 8 years now. Jeff, Otto, Doe, PolyPop, Sabu, Judd, Tiki Bob, King K, Al, Ben, Sven, Shelley, (and probably a dozen others I'm forgetting). *Wow*! I am blessed with the best friends in the world. AND I enjoyed meeting (almost) all the people I met this time...except the goobs who ruined our illicit Saturday night hottubbing with their cannonballs.
Get a clue, guys.

Next: Northeast Tiki Tour, Sept. 19-21!
Maybe my liver will have rested by then........
F

[ This Message was edited by: Formikahini 2008-08-18 21:36 ]

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation