FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS 2008 Aug 14-17 Voodoo Zombie Island
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 4:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

That is awesome.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 5:26 pm   Permalink

Took me a few days to recover (that and a panicked trip to LA because my Dad went into the hospital on Sunday morning!). Finally I got my pictures posted today. Looks like I was not sober enough to take very many but since i only took one last year (on my phone) I did better.

flickr pool here
http://www.flickr.com/photos/catmomma/sets/72157606879231045/

This is me and my hubby on Saturday night.

This was our second Tiki Oasis. Last year we came alone, this year we talked 5 others into joining us. I think they are all hooked! We all had the best weekend

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 6:13 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-19 14:08, AquaZombie wrote:

My Goodness! A picture of an awake Ben!

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 6:15 pm   Permalink

Naw, he's not awake. They're just carrying him around Weekend At Bernie's style.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 6:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-19 21:14, TikiPops wrote:

Maynard?

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 7:32 pm   Permalink

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=21942435&albumId=2835571

200 pics of TO8 - however, a lot of the pics are of the Hanalais' courtyard and surroundings. There are pics of random folks in and out of the pool so if you don't want your pics up please let me know and I'll remove them.

Sorry guys, not too many pics of the burlesque shows (or the nearly-nude shots from Room 1803) as MySpace doesn't allow "nudity."

Again - thanks to everyone who put this shindig together and those who sold me great stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: beadtiki 2008-08-21 19:39 ]

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 7:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-21 18:13, freddiefreelance wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-19 14:08, AquaZombie wrote:

My Goodness! A picture of an awake Ben!

Reminds me more of Weekend At Bernie's - he's not really awake!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rob Roy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-21 10:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-21 18:17, freddiefreelance wrote:
Quote:

On 2008-08-19 21:14, TikiPops wrote:

Maynard?

Yes it is. I talked to him last year. He was working at the hotel. I didn't see him this year though.

[ This Message was edited by: Rob Roy 2008-08-21 22:27 ]

View Profile of Rob Roy Send a personal message to Rob Roy  Email Rob Roy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Glam
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-08-22 01:26 am   Permalink

I just posted a ton of photos on my Flickr page:

http://flickr.com/photos/dinamarie/sets/72157606879623237/

Probably many duplicates of what others have taken, but ehhh what the hell!

View Profile of Tiki Glam Send a personal message to Tiki Glam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki King
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 08:59 am   Permalink

Tiki Oasis 8 was awesome! I want to give a big thanks to Otto and Baby doe, and all the volunteers and the entertainers!
So here were the Trophies I made this year…

Best room was (I belive) Rum Shaker?
Best Booth was Holdens, “Gooligans Hut”

Dr. Tiki Mojo got best dressed Kane
Best Dressed Wahine ?
Best Dressed Keiki ?
Best Dressed couple?
Thanks to all who entered, and Congrats to all who won!
Cheers!
Tiki King

View Profile of Tiki King Send a personal message to Tiki King  Email Tiki King Goto the website of Tiki King     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 10:30 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-08-22 08:59, Tiki King wrote:
Tiki Oasis 8 was awesome! I want to give a big thanks to Otto and Baby doe, and all the volunteers and the entertainers!
So here were the Trophies I made this year…

Best room was (I belive) Rum Shaker?
Best Booth was Holdens, “Gooligans Hut”
Cheers!
Tiki King

MAhalos for the fantastic trophies Tiki King!!!

I think this photo better displays the jubilation of our win: clockwise from the charming Kim, Deuce, Tiki Trav, BigToe, D-Lo and Da Tiki Farma. Look for our signed and DNA sampled trophy in the TC marketplace soon!

btw, MY vote for best booth went to Tiki Tony.

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zombie Lovers

Posted: 2008-08-22 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

Best Dressed couple?

We just LOVE our trophy! I'll search everyone elses pictures to see if I can find a shot of us in costume holding it. The trophy holds the place of honor high on a shelf in our Tiki room (so the cat doesn't chew on the voodoo doll or shrunken head).

View Profile of Zombie Lovers Send a personal message to Zombie Lovers  Goto the website of Zombie Lovers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Zombie Lovers

Posted: 2008-08-22 11:10 am   Permalink

Quote:

Best Dressed couple?

We just LOVE our trophy! I'll search everyone elses pictures to see if I can find a shot of us in costume holding it. The trophy holds the place of honor high on a shelf in our Tiki room (so the cat doesn't chew on the voodoo doll or shrunken head).

View Profile of Zombie Lovers Send a personal message to Zombie Lovers  Goto the website of Zombie Lovers     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 12:54 pm   Permalink

A few shots of Oasis for your viewing pleasure....

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pdrake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-08-22 7:31 pm   Permalink

i'd like to give thanks to all those i met at oasis. it was my first time and the spirit of the people there was amazing.

i'm simply amazed at the scope of talent that exists in the tiki world.

thanks especially to kingstiedye for picking me up at the airport. jonesey for being there and being a super nice guy. that's a great first impression of the event.

woohoo and soccer for hosting a great room that was super spooky. shelley for putting all that time into setting things up and putting in so much spirit to make sure people enjoyed themselves.

the nocal crew for having such a great room and making me the unofficial bouncer. happy to oblige.

the waitikis in their que hats were great. don't touch the que!

billy the crud, what a nice guy you are. thanks.

tikilee's, thanks again for the hospitality.

crazy al, thanks for the necklace.

hank and rita, you guys are great. i love the boar's tooth.

heather and mike, you are the best that canada has to offer.

buzzy, zaya . . you continue to make me smile with your joy.

all the san diego crew . . . you guys could keep the tiki vibe even through an earthquake.

otto, you're pretty cool. thanks for putting all this together. you did a good thing.

sven, it was a pleasure to put a real life personality with an online personality. it was a pleasant surprise. you have a beautiful family.

gecko and freddy, what a joy to meet two island guys that take the whole aloha experience with them wherever they go.

the staff was also great.

i'm sorry if i didn't mention anyone personally. no slight intended at all. i enjoyed all my time and everyone i met and talked with. i have no bad memories at all.

oh, and if anyone finds hoodoo ape skull #25. that's mine. i misplaced it.

thanks again, to everyone.

perry

View Profile of pdrake Send a personal message to pdrake  Email pdrake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation