FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The Smokin' Menehunes ARE BACK @ The Catalina Fish Kitchen!!! This Friday 11/16/2007!!!
The Smokin' Menehunes ARE BACK @ The Catalina Fish Kitchen!!! This Friday 11/16/2007!!!
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-13 6:35 pm   Permalink

I just received a smoke signal saying...

Yes! You read correctly! After a Smokin' performance down at the Tiki Magazine Party at the Bali Hai Restaurant in San Diego a couple weeks back, the boys are back in Orange County!

For those of you who have seen them at "The Kitchen" you remember the fun atmoshpere, great food and drink (and prices!) and good times with fellow TC'ers...

For those who haven't, here's your chance! This Friday only! Free show!! (just tip your waitresses and entertainment accordingly!)

Catalina Fish Kitchen
19171 Magnolia
H.B., CA 92646
(about 2 miles south of the 405 fwy on the right just past Garfield)

[ This Message was edited by: SoccerTiki 2007-11-14 08:10 ]

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Riptide
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 12:55 pm   Permalink

The Menehunes were at the Bali Hi event? Damn, How did I miss that?

Oh yeah, I was all hopped-up on numerous cocktails. I do vaguely remember doing some sort of tribal, jumping dance.

Anyway, it will be good to see the Menehunes again at The Kitchen. Its hard to get too "forgetful" drinking Hinano Beer, but damn I plan on trying.

See you all on Friday.

[ This Message was edited by: Riptide 2007-11-14 13:17 ]

View Profile of Riptide Send a personal message to Riptide  Email Riptide     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikitatt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-14 1:33 pm   Permalink

Finally, something that's walking distance from my casa. Count me in!

Tikitatt

[ This Message was edited by: Tikitatt 2007-11-14 15:03 ]

View Profile of Tikitatt Send a personal message to Tikitatt  Email Tikitatt Goto the website of Tikitatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Sperm Whale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 12:47 pm   Permalink

I might be there to throw some of my dirty boxers at Bong.

View Profile of The Sperm Whale Send a personal message to The Sperm Whale  Email The Sperm Whale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
slapbass
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 2:36 pm   Permalink

Very Cool..Im gonna try and check it out

View Profile of slapbass Send a personal message to slapbass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-15 3:53 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-15 12:47, The Sperm Whale wrote:
I might be there to throw some of my dirty boxers at Bong.

NICE!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-15 5:32 pm   Permalink

That's right!

HEAR: Tiki bong carve up his steel like he does a face while on his board at HB. The boy is seriously underrated!

HEAR: Palika strum jazz and sing like Perry Como. Palika was one of the beach boys in the heyday of Waikiki, serenading pretty tourist girls with songs like "One paddle, two paddle" and giving 'em lots of memories to tell their friends about!

WATCH: Lucas Vigor play the upright bass while shoegazing worse then any alt-monkey past or present. (Oh yeah, I may yell at a few kids just to spice things up....)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-16 12:35 pm   Permalink

FYI........The Smokin Menehunes usually play from 7-9ish

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-17 4:56 pm   Permalink

Hey!

You guys check out Spikes new gig yet?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WHQ1bqZL09A

Maybe it's time for a Mash Up of the Smokin Ramonehunes?

We're thinking maybe May for another parking lot party at the shop. Would love to see you all jam together if you're into it.......

pm me!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-17 8:13 pm   Permalink

I tried to get Spike for the last Bali Hai gig, but the Ramones thing was the same night, so he was not available. I have spoken with him before about this, and he is up for jamming, long as his calendar is clear. I would like to see it happen, of course! Spike shreds! (Last time I saw him was at Sams, and he drove up in a very cherry vintage ride!)

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-18 10:12 am   Permalink

WooHoo!! It was great to see The Smokin Menehunes play at The Catalina Fish Kitchen again. The place was packed.

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation