FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events tiki wonderland art show & bamboo ben mug launch! sat. dec.8th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 )
tiki wonderland art show & bamboo ben mug launch! sat. dec.8th
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-24 2:42 pm   Permalink

Thanks Kari, glad to have you at the Tonga Hut and great to see you as always.

We always try to have right around 7 artists/vendors at the Tiki Hut because any more and it gets too crowded in there (it's a small space). We had 7 artists/vendors(A/Vs) this time plus we let Kirby hang a couple of prints since he and Polly picked up the food, and Big Toe hung a print as well, since he was there and we had wallspace. Maybe it seemed like less because most of the A/Vs don't have as many different items to pick from. Crazy Al has mugs, pendants, light switch covers, magnets, beer taps, tiki carvings, masks, etc. Whereas, Tikifarm was only selling Bamboo Ben mugs,and most artists just have paintings or prints of their paintings, so they don't have as much of a variety to pick from. Maybe next year we'll try to get more artists who have a wide inventory of different stuff like Crazy Al, Thors, Tiki Diablo, Bosko, Doug Horne, etc. so that we still have only 7 or so artists, but a bigger inventory of stuff to chose from.

Merry Christmas.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GO TIKI
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-24 11:36, Tangaroa-Ru wrote:
Mele Kelikimaka to all of you! And I'm sending out a special aloha to Grog. I should have posted this weeks ago. What a lazy wahine I am. Anyway, Grog, thank you for all the fun and postings regarding the Tonga Hut's Winter Wonderland 2. I had a great time there, AGAIN. And was so thrilled that you posted that lovely photo of the very beautiful Dawna Hammond. I enjoyed writing that article about her so much! I hope this brings her many new commissions because her carvings are REALLY GOOD! Anyway, a super time was had that night. I will say, I WAS surprised that there were fewer vendors this year and wonder why that was? Last year I shelled out some serious clams, because the place was packed with merchandise. Not that I didn't dent my wallet fairly well this year, but I wonder if there had been some communication problem with other vendors or a competing event that kept some of last year's artists away. Whatever the case, I still think it was a fun time and it's always a GREAT way to get in the holiday mood... in a way that only we Tikiphiles can relate to and respond to with a raising of our Mai Tai's. Happy happy joy joy to all of you and I look forward to writing some more articles worthy of your intelligence and attention in the upcoming issues of "Tiki Magazine." -- Kari Hendler

Hey Kari, In Grog's defense, I know Grog wanted more vendors! He had six spots filled and contacted four more artist to fill the last slot, First to respond, First in, He contacted me and I missed out by a Very Well Respected Magazine! Mahalo! Gogo
Ohana Since September 17 2002, Member #434

View Profile of GO TIKI Send a personal message to GO TIKI  Email GO TIKI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-29 3:25 pm   Permalink

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation