advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki How to make a Tiki Costume
How to make a Tiki Costume
bretkane

Posted: 2007-11-18 10:08 am   Permalink

Here is the link to my blog and pic of my genuine tiki costume. I made it myself in about 2 hours total. The only drawback was the ability to communicate easily and of course sit down. But suffering for art is part of a great tradition.

http://atomicdesignlab.blogspot.com/2007/10/halloween-past.html

View Profile of bretkane Send a personal message to bretkane  Goto the website of bretkane     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-18 11:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-18 10:08, bretkane wrote:
Here is the link to my blog and pic of my genuine tiki costume. I made it myself in about 2 hours total. The only drawback was the ability to communicate easily and of course sit down. But suffering for art is part of a great tradition.

http://atomicdesignlab.blogspot.com/2007/10/halloween-past.html

Thanks bretkane, please thank Vanessa for her suggestion too. LOL

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-29 8:23 pm   Permalink

bump

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-10-31 08:54 am   Permalink

Eric october made a great tiki costume I think its in his thread in OTHER CRAFTS

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-01 12:25 pm   Permalink

Eric and Manuel's costumes were my absolute favorite costumes this Halloween. The ingenuity and whimsy of their concepts just makes me grin all over!:

Manuel as the Goof, actually sitting on top of the Bali Hai (!), and Eric as the Stockton Islander! This is on par with the Surrealists' costumes in the 20s! Genius! Can you say TIKI NERD FUN ! As Eric jokingly mused "I am a little worried about actually having BECOME the subject of my obsession!"

Thanks SoccerTiki for the photo!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2010-11-01 1:06 pm   Permalink

Great costumes Eric and Manuel!!!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-01 1:49 pm   Permalink

Awesome!!

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-01 2:04 pm   Permalink

How to make a tiki costume.....

go ask Eric and Manuel!

Even better than the duk-duks of last year I think!

But Eric....I believe the first step of recovery is admitting you have a "slight " Islander Obsession

Fabulous! I love the Bali Hai one so much-he will need to wear this to the Oasis Thursday dinner next year I think!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-02 2:09 pm   Permalink

You guys need professional help!
Seriously, I came home absolutely exhausted & you two just cracked me up! I love it!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-11-03 4:55 pm   Permalink

Eric and Manuel,

Those costumes are awesome, hardest I laughed all week! Can't wait to see what you cook up for next year.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Haole Jim
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-02-18 9:51 pm   Permalink

Pure class.

'Betcha you picked up a gob of hot chicks and turned them on to Tiki culture.

View Profile of Haole Jim Send a personal message to Haole Jim      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation