FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Join Me @ DISNEYLAND this week 19th -25th
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Join Me @ DISNEYLAND this week 19th -25th
GiantRobotTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-27 11:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:
On 2007-11-20 16:03, SoccerTiki wrote:

Maybe there's a special day at Disneyland for mechanics?
Correction: ALL of the passholders are NOT blocked out! Premium Passholders have NO BLOCKED DAYS!!!
Check your info before you post GRT! Don't be so quick to post!

WooooooHoooooOooooooooo!

HIpHipHula- We'd join you if we were in the country!

Soccertiki...HipHipHula already schooled me on the Premium passholder thing. I guess you were "quick to post" this as well.
Regarding the LAFD thing....anybody that is an LAFD employee can get the discount.

Quote:

Mahalo for the info Giganticrobottikiduder that was all good info. except for you left out the part that says PREMIUM Annual Passholders Have NO BLOCKOUT DATES.

Shit, all I wanted to do was go to Disneyland for a frickin' day & all this negativity, what's it to you. Then don't go people egnore the post gesh...LOLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL bunch of whiners....

Whoops!! My bad. I didn't notice the obvious about the Premium passholders. Was just trying to do a public service just in case some people didn't know about the calendar they have for the other passholders and the special deal for the Firefighters or FD employees.

It's all good. Probably going this thursday seeing as how I haven't had my Dinnylan fix in a while.

[ This Message was edited by: GiantRobotTiki 2007-11-28 00:12 ]

View Profile of GiantRobotTiki Send a personal message to GiantRobotTiki  Email GiantRobotTiki Goto the website of GiantRobotTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
catmomma
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 08:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-26 13:52, Hiphipahula wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-11-24 10:00, catmomma wrote:
I am actually going on Monday, trying to avoid the big holiday crowds

LOL... Monday & Friday are worse usually on a normal week. Figure, people take a 3 day weekend, Fri, Sat & Sun OR Sat, Sun, MONDAY. Your best bet is go on a WENSDAY Thurs. is better than Tues. HAVE A MAGICAL TIME!

We had a great time and actually walked onto most of the rides we wanted to see. Only had a 30 minute wait to go on the "new" Nemo ride. It was a great day! Found a Tiki Joe necklace over at the Rainforest Cafe for my husband's santa stocking

View Profile of catmomma Send a personal message to catmomma  Goto the website of catmomma ICQ status     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 08:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-27 23:02, bigtikidude wrote:
Glad you guys had a good time there.

edited to take out my wet blanket attitude from a happy thread.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

[ This Message was edited by: bigtikidude 2007-11-27 23:23 ]

I don't want to edit my posts this time. This is a talk forum as well as a message board. But seeing how it is a talk forum, I don't think there is anything wrong with discussing the pros and cons of something. Someone brings up disneyland, I respond with "It's too crowded for my tastes these days". And I really don't see how that's being negative. It's just being honest. My sister called me from there last night. It was frickin packed with people on a tuesday night. Mostly very small children. On a school night, why are they not home? Why are infants ( babies under two years of age)out at 8:30 at night on a Tuesday? Perhaps some of the consistently "positive" people around here can answer that? Me, I am frustrated beyond belief that Disney is completely marketing this directly to these parents, and encouraging them to bring the kids out on a school night to look at the decorations. But what about the adults? Do we ever get a break? I have to wait for rain, and ditch work to get a slightly less crowded experience, but we all know it's never going to rain again around here, so I am SOL.
Bottom line, I appreciate people's enthusiasm for DL and creating a happy thread, as BTD said, but I also think this is a talk forum, and I don;t understand why people get so mad when they read an idea from someone else they don't agree with. We all have the right to disagree. I am sorry if someone thought I was being negative over this. I was just having an opinion.

Now can we please go back to talking about the original subject of this thread, Jimmy Buffet VS Les Baxter?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 10:18 am   Permalink

I totally agree with Luke Vigorwalker.

DLand reached a peak in the mid 90's, when it still sold merchandise that didn't have Mickey and Friends all over it. Remember the One-of-a-Kind Shoppe? Or the Bat N' Rouge, that actually sold voodoo items in the middle of New Orleans Square?

Some lawyer seemed to have swept through the park afterwards, removing the Skyway, the caterpiller smoking a hookah (the feet are still there), the mouse with a whip on top of the Dumbo ride (he now holds a feather, exactly the wrong message the film portrayed), and literally turned the volume down on the Pirates song!

Don't get me started.

But you can still have a fun time there, without paying the huge fee for the Premium Pass. (The Primo Pass by the way gets you into the park during holidays and Saturdays, which are the busiest times of the year, so what's the point of it anyway???)

If you get Fastpasses, go on Sundays, plan off-season you can beat the heat and the crowds.

Our all-time record for most rides done in one day is 51.

And if you HAVE to go during the holidays, try the small custom tours. It was only 50 clams per person last time we did it in 2005, and you get a small group tour where they take you to the front of the lines and tell you all kinds of insider trivia, play park games, and generally whoop it up. If you do the night tour (we did) they sit you right in front of the Castle to see the fireworks. It was very 1956, one of the best times I've EVER had.

Anyway, there still ain't nuthin' like getting an espresso at the Mint Julip Cafe and watching the live jazz! Then over to the Mansion....

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 11:14 am   Permalink

Here's the thing ... this particular thread is about Hiphipahula looking for someone to join her at Disneyland. That's why it is listed in the "Tiki Events" forum. General Disneyland critique should go in either "Locating Tiki" or "Beyond Tiki." Those expressing negative opinions of Disneyland here have every right to do so, but those critiques belong in other areas of TC and are off topic for this thread.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 11:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-28 08:26, lucas vigor wrote:
Someone brings up disneyland, I respond with "It's too crowded for my tastes these days".

We all have the right to disagree. I am sorry if someone thought I was being negative over this. I was just having an opinion.

Now can we please go back to talking about the original subject of this thread, Jimmy Buffet VS Les Baxter?

Let's relate this back to the topic of the thread. It was a simple question: Does anyone want to go to Disneyland with me? It wasn't an opinion poll on who thinks Disney sucks or who thinks the park is too crowded or who thinks that there are too many kids out past their bedtimes. There's no room for disagreement with a question that simple. There was really only one answer which would have been, "I do." Although, there are some people who feel the need to respond on every thread just so it seems like they are contributing to the board with their "Gee, I wish I could go" responses to every thread in the event forums.

If you want to gripe about Disney or the Beatles or the price of gasoline or whatever, start a thread on that topic.

I enjoy people who are passionate about things, especially Disney, and love a good heated discussion, but there's a time and a place for everything. This just wasn't the right place.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoccerTiki
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-28 2:05 pm   Permalink

You're absolutley right Kate! That's why I am voting to move this post to "Beyond Tiki"!

"Marriage, Mortgages, Market Places and Mai-Tai's...Whatta life

View Profile of SoccerTiki Send a personal message to SoccerTiki  Email SoccerTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 3:19 pm   Permalink

You folks are right.

Here you are -

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=26509&forum=6&start=last&0

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-28 4:00 pm   Permalink

Probably best to leave it in Ca. Events as we all hope to go again soon & we can just change up the date & go see the TIKI ROOM! LOL at Cammo & his new thread Ha! Now no one has to struggle with foot in mouth & try to fix it then do it again this way! Thanks Kate, Jen & Scoccer for the intelligent outlook & havin' my back! I'm happy all who visited the park this Thanksgiving week were able to "walk On" the rides! Makes the experience that much better! Happy Holidays All!

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-11-28 16:04 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 5:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-28 14:05, SoccerTiki wrote:
You're absolutley right Kate! That's why I am voting to move this post to "Beyond Tiki"!

I concur in spades, Chris. I was going to add some shots of the Santa moais from Small World, but there's just no way to make this thread into tiki thing. We did sing really loud in the ETR, and the day essentially consisted of two broads talking about tiki mugs for fourteen hours...

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-29 03:56 am   Permalink

I concur in spades, Chris. I was going to add some shots of the Santa moais from Small World, but there's just no way to make this thread into tiki thing. We did sing really loud in the ETR, and the day essentially consisted of two broads talking about tiki mugs for fourteen hours...

LOL... Oh & post those photos anyway please...

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-29 6:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-11-29 03:56, Hiphipahula wrote:
LOL... Oh & post those photos anyway please...

Santa Moai is a little cross-eyed.

Pointy red top knot?

Platamapi.

Cool little detail in the Adventureland Bizarre.

Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-29 7:41 pm   Permalink

I'm just glad that you two had a good time. Mai Tai and I typically go to DL at least 3-4 times a year. And we appreciate HHH's previous invitations to join her. Perhaps one of these time's our schedules will coordinate. Onto another topic....

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation