advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Seaching for Foam Maoi or Tiki
Seaching for Foam Maoi or Tiki
miko

Posted: 2007-11-24 6:02 pm   Permalink

I'm sorry if I have posted in the wrong section.....

Does anyone have a foam Maoi or Tiki that they would be interested in selling? I've seen the amazing work you've done in this thread.

I can't find anything online, and I have tried carving foam myself it's a mess.

I have been doing my homework and searched the marketplace and have done a search for the entire forum. If someone can point in the the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

View Profile of miko Send a personal message to miko      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
HOUSE OF KU
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-29 8:46 pm   Permalink

Aloha! You might want to check out Geckos site under resins...
http://southseaarts.com/resin.html
Freddie

View Profile of HOUSE OF KU Send a personal message to HOUSE OF KU  Email HOUSE OF KU     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cheekytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-30 02:13 am   Permalink

We are having them made at the moment,6ft,8ft & 10ft in polysterene for you to finish whichever way you want, should be in just after Xmas, but we are in the UK

www.cheekytiki.com
http://cheekytikiuk.blogspot.com/

"Don't drink water, fish f*~k in it" W.C. Feilds

View Profile of cheekytiki Send a personal message to cheekytiki  Email cheekytiki Goto the website of cheekytiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-30 07:02 am   Permalink

In So. Cal.

try Bosco

and or,

Tiki Diablo.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barefoot Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-05 10:12 pm   Permalink

Hey not sure of your location but we have been hand carving foam Tikis for about three years none of that computer milled stuff for us. You can see some pictures of our stuff under Moai Mold in the Tiki carving forum. We sell and rent foam tikis/Bars and Signs for Professional event companies. We are located in South Florida and have done total events before Bars/Signs/Tiki statues 4 foot to 10 feet in length. All of our work is resin coated and hand painted. I will include a few samples of our work

Barkin Barefoot Tiki

View Profile of Barefoot Tiki Send a personal message to Barefoot Tiki  Email Barefoot Tiki Goto the website of Barefoot Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barefoot Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-05 10:34 pm   Permalink

Sorry about the double response. Hit the submit button by accident. Here are a few photos from a party we did last month.
img]http://tikiroom.com/img/7439x47579659.jpg[/img

img]http://tikiroom.com/img/7439x47579679.jpg[/img
Detail from Moai Bar
img]http://tikiroom.com/img/7439x4757960b.jpg[/img
10 foot TIki statue. There are a pair of these. Usually they are used together and there is a 8 foot sign that hangs between them that says Aloha. This is typically used for an entrance way. We have made custom signs in the Past. Sorry I don't have any pics of these.
Barkin Barefoot Tiki

View Profile of Barefoot Tiki Send a personal message to Barefoot Tiki  Email Barefoot Tiki Goto the website of Barefoot Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Barefoot Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-05 10:38 pm   Permalink

OK really they should not let me near a computer here are the pics for real this time

Barkin Barefoot Tiki

miko

Posted: 2007-12-11 8:27 pm   Permalink

Thank you everyone for your responses.

I checked out Southseasarts.com and they are sold out. I have spent weeks looking all over the internet and have had no luck.

This would be an awesome busines to go into since there are no suppliers.

Barefoot Tiki I love your tikis. Please send me more info.

View Profile of miko Send a personal message to miko      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 8:37 pm   Permalink

I got mine off a jobsite where they used them for concrete forms . Then I heated a large machette and went to town . This eliminates the foam particles mess but is kinda stinky . I then put a 1/2" of mortar on top and finished .
I then used rock textured paint and ....Instant Moai !

Tiki-Ray is a carver in So. Cal. since 1985. All his work is freehanded and very Unique.Signed and finished to last. I have an oldschool tiki style that I get a lot of compliments on . Contact me at tikiray.com , myspace.com/tikiray1 or Facebook (Ray Kie

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-12 10:31 am   Permalink

if you live near florida try mai tiki....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation