FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Design Toscano Tikis
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Design Toscano Tikis
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 3:53 pm   Permalink

Am I right in thinking that when it comes to resin, the look is actually all in the paint?

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rain
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 9:43 pm   Permalink

the paint and the texture.

View Profile of Rain Send a personal message to Rain  Email Rain Goto the website of Rain     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 07:48 am   Permalink

I guess the paint makes all the difference. When I first received my Design Toscano tiki pair, my wife thought they were made of real wood.

As I've mentioned earlier, I really like the resin tikis. They're easier to move around the room and are easily transportable for parties and such.

Poly-Pop *

Bartender, make mine a glass of WATAHHH!!!!!

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Royale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 11:57 am   Permalink

I've been looking at the Design Toscano tikis for a while now and now that I hava a yard to put 'em in I think I might pull the trigger...
One question to those who already have them. Are they solid or hollow castings?

Aloha and Mahalo

View Profile of Tiki Royale Send a personal message to Tiki Royale  Email Tiki Royale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 1:31 pm   Permalink

They are solid resin castings.

Poly-Pop *

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
laney
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 2:27 pm   Permalink

No, they are hollow. there is no way to tell (no holes) other than that they are light weight. If you remember a post weeks ago about the God of Wind killing my tikis-this was one of them. You can see the hole and crack

It dosen't look so bad from the front though, I say it faired pretty well considering it toppled over into the pool.

Here is it's former site. There is a huge clump of Raphis palms which knocked it into the pool. There is now a plaster tiki from O.A. It is not as tall and hollow in the bottom so I drove a stake into the ground and up into it, to hopefully stablize it in the wind. (fuzzy pic but it's starting to rain!)

View Profile of laney Send a personal message to laney  Email laney     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 3:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:
No, they are hollow. there is no way to tell (no holes) other than that they are light weight.

Wow, I guess the only way I would have known that was if mine were cracked open like yours! Bummer. But hey, maybe you can try to repair them. I'd pickup a small peice of fiberglass cloth and resin and try sealing the crack similar to the way you would repair a ding on a surfboard. That and some touch-up paint might do the trick.

Poly-Pop *

Chacha
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-02-13 3:33 pm   Permalink

I'll have to search around for the airline catalog for cheaper tikis. Who would have thunk it - tikis in Sky Mall...

As for a fiberglass/outdoor use tikis, BRING 'EM ON, Rain!!! I want a garden of giant tikis surrounding my pool this summer. Shipping on a large outdoor moai would probably be a consideration, though.
I know my brother was looking for moai heads for his patio...

View Profile of Chacha Send a personal message to Chacha      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 8:27 pm   Permalink

Just checked skymall.com and they are the exact same price as the design toscano site:

http://skymall.com/webapp/skystore?process=prodDisplay&action=&pid=85442867

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 9:05 pm   Permalink

Wow $125 for the set, not bad, btw laney I love your pool/yard. soo tropical, sucky vegas, we got pools but not the tropical atmospher.Way to dry.

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2012-11-30 2:47 pm   Permalink

You can get both of these for $135 plus shipping on the Design Toscano website. http://www.designtoscano.com/product/more+themes/tropical/outdoor+tropical+decor/tiki+gods-+the+art+of+celebration+statues%3Cbr%3E%28set+includes-+luau+%26+three+pleasures+gods%29+-+ng931189.do?sortby=bestSellers

If you don't want them both Wayfair through amazon.com has them for $89 and $45 each plus shipping.
http://www.amazon.com/Tiki-Gods-Three-Pleasures-Statue/dp/B001U5URU2/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=A2RFSIF56F6W5J

The God of the Luau: 6"Wx5"Dx24"H. 8 lbs.
Gods of the Three Pleasures: 9"Wx8"Dx35"H. 14 lbs.

[ This Message was edited by: tikilongbeach 2012-11-30 14:49 ]

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2012-11-30 3:32 pm   Permalink

Not much inflation on those 2 tikis. 9 years ago the price was $125 for the pair and now they're $135.

View Profile of tikilongbeach Send a personal message to tikilongbeach      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
exquisitecorpse
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-30 4:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-30 15:32, tikilongbeach wrote:
Not much inflation on those 2 tikis. 9 years ago the price was $125 for the pair and now they're $135.

if you get on their email list eventually they have a 30% off sale once or twice a year; that is when i got mine.

View Profile of exquisitecorpse Send a personal message to exquisitecorpse  Goto the website of exquisitecorpse     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikilongbeach

Posted: 2012-12-10 12:32 pm   Permalink

Right you are, esquisitecorpse, I got a 25% off email today. The discount code is share25.

www.designtoscano.com/home.do?code=CELSG107

tikilongbeach

Posted: 2012-12-27 4:15 pm   Permalink

They've got a 6 foot resin Moai for $995. How do those things age out in the elements?

www.designtoscano.com/product/code/NE90076.do

Various sizes:
Giant: 36"Wx28"Dx72"H. 92 lbs.
Large: 23"Wx20"Dx48"H. 40 lbs.
Medium: 6"Wx5"Dx16"H. 4 lbs.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation