FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Is the Hawaiiana Hotel threatend?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
Is the Hawaiiana Hotel threatend?
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-20 10:22 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-08-20 00:53, Kaiwaza wrote:
It's definately a dorm. There's a small take out sushi place just inside the courtyard I went to a few weeks ago and it was clearly occupied by students who were milling about.

Hawaiiana Sushi. Byob. Sushi & Tiki sounds like a good combination to me.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dustycajun
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-08-26 1:58 pm   Permalink

Another postcard circa the 1970's from the Hawaiiana Hotel.

DC

View Profile of Dustycajun Send a personal message to Dustycajun      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Laura@Beachwalk

Posted: 2014-03-15 12:15 am   Permalink

Let me clear up some of the rumors on this stream, since I am currently living at the old Hawaiiana Hotel. It is in fact closed, and has been for a few years. It is owned and operated by a private company called Hawaii Student Housing which is neither an ESL school or used specially for UH students or Chaminade. Residents call it simply, Beachwalk, and any student registered at any school for any program can live here. We have residents of a variety of ages. I actually take online courses as a part time student from a school in Pennsylvania and yet live here. As long as a proof of enrollment is supplied then they will allow you to live here. The property was also split into two. The back part (Saratoga side) is a Korean Boarding school and it is totally separate from Beachwalk. The Sushi (still called Hawaiiana Cafe) is rated one of the best in Honolulu on Yelp and I actually just had some for dinner. We still also have many tikis around the property. As a resident for about eight months, Beachwalk (The Hawaiiana) has become a fabulous part of my life in Hawaii. Such a great layout and cozy feel has made our international student community into a true Ohana. Many people stop by the lobby and say they used to stay here and talk story and stroll around the property. Hope that clears things some up. Loved the old brochure!

View Profile of Laura@Beachwalk Send a personal message to Laura@Beachwalk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
msteeln
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-15 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Laura@Beachwalk wrote:Let me clear up some of the rumors on this stream

Way cool post, Laura, please make the most of your good fortunes while in Waikiki.

View Profile of msteeln Send a personal message to msteeln  Email msteeln     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-03-16 09:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-03-15 12:26, msteeln wrote:
Quote:
Laura@Beachwalk wrote:Let me clear up some of the rumors on this stream

Way cool post, Laura, please make the most of your good fortunes while in Waikiki.

Nice first post, Laura.
I hope you continue to contribute.
I am pleased to hear that the Tikis and the buildings remain.
I, too, stayed there as a hotel and loved it.
However, being so close to the shore, and to Lewers, I feared it would meet the wrecking ball.
Glad it has new ownership which is keeping it profitable and therefore around to enjoy.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2014-03-16 10:42 pm   Permalink

I agree...great first post...welcome to TC and hope you will stay around. We love pictures too, so any you can post would be great.

Thanks to everyone for the great postcard and brochure posts...wonderful!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation