FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why Disneyland rules.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Why Disneyland rules.
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 6:51 pm   Permalink

Attention to detail for that escapist in all of us.

It's a great place to be with your family and have fun.

Sure the place has changed. It's called evolution. If they didn't change it people would just find a different reason to bitch.
This little smile is why Disneyland rules.

Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 7:01 pm   Permalink

Amen.

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jungle Trader
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 7:08 pm   Permalink

IT'SA SMALLWORLD AFTERALL, IT'SA SMALLWORLD AFTERALL, IT'SA SMALLWORLD AFTERALL,IT'SA SMALLSMALLWORLD.....AGAIN? Everyone sing along.

Oki NiKsoKoWa
(Hello all my relatives)
TikiJungle.com

View Profile of Jungle Trader Send a personal message to Jungle Trader  Goto the website of Jungle Trader     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-11-28 8:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Attention to detail for that escapist in all of us.

exactly why I love disneyland too.

did you guys make it over to tom sawyer island? I love tom sawyer, but I like pirates more. Now there's a ship to go in and more caves!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-28 11:51 pm   Permalink

MUST KILL ZURG!!!!

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-11-29 12:56 am   Permalink

WOOOoooOOoooooo!!! I love this post!!!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-29 05:50 am   Permalink

Did make it to the island...it was pretty damn cool. My kids got good and scared in one of the caves. We loved it. Nice work Space Ranger Al.
Cheers.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. NoNaMe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-29 08:31 am   Permalink

Matt,
The house is coming along great! Love what you did with the bar. Can't wait to come over and ride the Jungle Cruise.
Reminds me of Disneyland!

I have an idea Matt. Think of that sound a rolly coaster car makes as it is going UP the first climb.

[ This Message was edited by: Mr. NoNaMe 2007-11-29 08:32 ]

View Profile of Mr. NoNaMe Send a personal message to Mr. NoNaMe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 8:09 pm   Permalink

Some more detail work.

I always find this stuff inspiring. Anyone else out there spend alot of time memorizing weird details?

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-02 09:56 am   Permalink

It's perfectly not perfect!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-02 1:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:
Anyone else out there spend alot of time memorizing weird details

No...

Okay...maybe.

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 10:02 am   Permalink

I like all kinds of stuff about Disneyland but I think especially, I like the water--the water rides, the waterfalls, the synthetic rivers and streams. I like the chlorination of the water, I like everything about the water there. It looks good, it sounds good.

The submarine ride is not what it was (the "Finding Nemo" redo just doesn't work for me, sorry to say--watching 2D animation through 3D water doesn't make any sense to me!) but I like the elements that remain from the old ride.

I wish they hadn't changed some things, but hey, a lot of the stuff is the same, or maintained to be close to the same as the way it was, and that's why I go there.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 8:37 pm   Permalink

I noticed that Cammo's thread on Why Disneyland Sucks got kind of heated. I will admit I started this thread just to have a positive outlet for Disney (and to mess with Cam a little). I hear what's being said about the bad....I just don't have the energy at the moment to focus on a negative thread. It just gets depressing.
Cheers.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-03 8:58 pm   Permalink

What is superb about Disneyland;

- The caves at Pirate Island. (Where else in Southern California can you play with Captain Jack Sparrow in a cave??? Kids are going to remember it for a lifetime.)

- The Mint Julip Bar, at the back of New Orleans. Good espresso.

- The sounds of a voodoo lady doing juju magic and a raucus party happening across the street, right above the bathroom beside the Mint Julip Bar.

- The Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Tiki Room, d'accord.

- The Space Mountain update. It's perfect. Nice job.

- ANY live music there.

- The holiday version of It's a Small World.

- Finding something you never saw before.

- The Evil Queen over the Snow White Ride, who looks out the window sometimes.

- The lights in the Haunted Mansion - look up at the second story facing New Orleans Square - you'll see mysterious shapes and lights sometimes.

- The honorable Mr. Toad, Esq. (Read "The Wind in the Willows" to your kids sometimes, it's fun.)

- The plantings.

- The tiny little glimpses of flags and masts you can see from the top of the treehouse. They were put there years ago, everyone seems to have forgotten them.

- Smiles from strangers.

- Cutting in front of a 2 hour line with a Fastpass in your mitt.

- That chick who plays Ariel.

- A Fantasia Grand Gibson ice cream shared on Main Street.

- And much much more.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 05:23 am   Permalink

Okay, in all fairness I'll be forced to put something in the why it sucks thread.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation