FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why Disneyland rules.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Why Disneyland rules.
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-04 08:21 am   Permalink

I love the Grand Canyon and the Dinosaurs on the train ride, always loved that. Dinosaurs and trains make perfect sense together (I think?). I recall doing this one chill evening and we happened to be sitting near the front and the heat from the engine drifted back and warmed us. That was neat!

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-04 4:45 pm   Permalink

The line area in the jungle cruise (with swing music!) and indiana jones. I like the confusing looks of people as I let them go in front of me as I'm absorbing the detail.

good ones, cammo.

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dangergirl299

Posted: 2007-12-05 2:35 pm   Permalink

Although I can agree with many of the folks on the "sucks" thread about changes I don't agree with, I think on balance Disneyland rules more than it sucks.

I think it's magical during the holidays with all the large Christmas trees and the thing they do with fireworks and fake snow.

You get to be a kid again, and suspend your disbelief and enter a "magic realm." (as long as you can ignore the slow-moving crowds and crying children; it helps to booze up at the wine place in CA or Downtown Disney first). Mmm, Disney booze...

View Profile of dangergirl299 Send a personal message to dangergirl299  Email dangergirl299 Goto the website of dangergirl299     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Matt Reese
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 05:27 am   Permalink

I love the Jungle Cruise. The pics I posted earlier are from that area. I actually like when there's a line to wait in for that ride. The upgrades to the ride are cool. The jokes are still bad(good). They may not shoot the hippo, but at least they still fire the gun.

View Profile of Matt Reese Send a personal message to Matt Reese  Email Matt Reese     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 07:39 am   Permalink

Yeah, the wait line area is really cool for the Jungle Cruise. They definately did a great job there, you really get the 1920's cruise line to the Congo feeling, especially classic on a hot summer day. I think they built all that for the Indy opening to keep people off the avenue. Nice wood, too. And nice retooling and messing up of the boats, they're way more realistic now.

Again, if you're ever approached by a hippo, shoot the damn thing. Don't let it get within 50 feet of you. They're vicious.

By the way, the African Queen movie was filmed on location in Africa, and Kate Hepburn was almost charged by a wild pig, stomped by a elephant, bitten by a snake, and got horrible microbe poisoning. John Huston was the only one who didn't get sick because he drank so much the alcohol killed all the bugs in his stomach before they could get to his bloodstream!

Have you seen the steel band that (used to?) play up on the second story there? And the talking toucan on the stairs going up? Excellent.

And the chess game thrown together out of teeth and shells is great. The first chess set had HUGE gun shells as kings, but people kept stealing them, despite being screwed down and behind 3 layers of mosquito netting. I don't know what they're using now.

The bottom of Tarzan's Treehouse used to have lots of detail, but that got stolen as well.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
procinema29
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 10:47 am   Permalink

I just love the fact that so much of the place is fabricated...there's so little of anything that's actually real. A lot of the plants and trees are real, but something made of wood is often actually fiberglass...the lakes and streams are artificial...even a lot of the people are robotic. I used to love that Mars Mission or Moon Mission show they had, because there was that control room with the animatrons sitting at their consoles working while a robot supervisor stood there lecturing us about the voyage we were about to embark on...I love listening to robots talk, it's fascinating.

View Profile of procinema29 Send a personal message to procinema29      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac

Posted: 2008-11-10 12:58 pm   Permalink

My wife always kickin' my ass at buzz

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-11 08:08 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-11-10 12:58, Polynesiac wrote:
My wife always kickin' my ass at buzz

Gee, with the way you are handling that gun, I wonder why?
Just keedeeeng....I'm going on Saturday for my girl's bday....And it so happens to be the first annual "Rock around the Park" Rockabilly function. We'll see how that one turns out. They have the goth Bats Day, Gayday, and now Rockabilly day.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 09:42 am   Permalink

I went on Buzz for the first time, and it was ok, except my girlfriend was hating on me and spinning the car around while I was focused on shooting...My 52,000 to her 12,000 wasn't too bad I guess!
It was also my first time to the park during a christmas holiday, and I have to say it was pleasant, with the exception of the fire burning nearby. At night the ash looked like snowflakes falling from the sky. On another note, Even as much as a Disneyland purist I can be, I enjoyed the Haunted Mansion Holiday with the "Nightmare before Christmas" redo. Maybe it is because I know it will revert back to the original after the holidays, but it was a nice touch. It's a Small World opens this coming Saturday for the first time in many months for the weight refurb/character additions. It is to be Christmas themed, but the added Disney Characters are to stay permanently.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-17 11:20 pm   Permalink

I was pretty spoiled growing up next to Disneyland.
but I never took it for granite.

Thanks Walt!

(even though you were a wank.)

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-11-18 10:03 am   Permalink

has somebody forgot to take their meds?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-23 07:22 am   Permalink

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuff-o-rama
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-29 11:57 pm   Permalink

They let you in for free on your birthday... guess where I'm going on Friday!

(You have to register on
www.disneyland.com first.)

View Profile of stuff-o-rama Send a personal message to stuff-o-rama  Goto the website of stuff-o-rama     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-30 4:16 pm   Permalink

Hah, the first on TC to take advantage of the free 2009 bday admission! Happy Birthday, and have fun!

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 1:31 pm   Permalink

http://gorillasdontblog.blogspot.com/2007_01_01_archive.html

Awesome blog with vintage Disney pictures, all very large! (good for desktop wallpaper!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation