FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Why Disneyland rules.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Why Disneyland rules.
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-12-31 1:47 pm   Permalink

And another!

http://davelandblog.blogspot.com/2007_03_01_archive.html

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Heath
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-03 02:47 am   Permalink

Even on a busy day, they let you do silly stuff...

View Profile of Heath Send a personal message to Heath  Email Heath     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-05 5:53 pm   Permalink

Ha!

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-14 12:03 pm   Permalink

Because I'm going Saturday for FRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!.......Well, not really... I'm actually going to use my birthday admission and upgrade to an Annual Premium Passport. No blackout dates, free parking and 10-15% discounts off of food and collectibles. Best thing is, its reg retail is $430(-$69 birthday admission)=$361, and Disney will set up monthly 0% interest payments for SoCal residents, which turns out to be $27/month...Not too bad when you don't have to pay the +$360 up front.

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kiki von Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-14 11:23 pm   Permalink

Miss Thing loves Disneyland (especially with her buddy Amy along) and that is the best thing about being there!

View Profile of Kiki von Tiki Send a personal message to Kiki von Tiki  Email Kiki von Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-16 10:48 am   Permalink

Cute!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-16 9:27 pm   Permalink

Proves that Disneyland is really for the kids, and the kids at heart.

I'm going to California adventure on Sun.
wish it was D-land, as I haven't seen the Pirate Island yet.
but I can't complain its for free, with a friends 2 fer ticket.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-19 01:02 am   Permalink

Cuz they let me Pilot the Mark Twain on my birthday, and my girlfriend and I got to ride in the famous Lilly Belle car. Talk about doing it right! A day at Disneyland, not soon forgotten!

If it was cool enough for Cash, It is cool enough for me!

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2009-04-20 23:54 ]

View Profile of Tom Slick Send a personal message to Tom Slick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 12:17 am   Permalink

I can't believe that this hasn't been said yet....Monte Cristo....If you are a real Disneyland fan, this sandwich shouldn't be news to you! It is by far the tastiest sandwich on planet earth, in all of its deep fried glory!

Without fail, whenever I go to Disneyland, I ALWAYS order the Monte Cristo from the Blue Bayou...With the single exception of the times we dined at Club 33. Unfortunately, It isn't a menu item at 33, although I heard you can "request" that they fetch you one if you politely ask....I never bothered, but I did enjoy martinis inside, and smoked a cigar on the balcony a few years back!

[ This Message was edited by: Tom Slick 2009-04-21 00:18 ]

tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 3:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-12-23 07:22, WooHooWahine wrote:

I went on the new small world and saddly some of the tiki elements are gone, the cool drummers and the tiki masks that used to hang from the celing are all gone, I think they took it out for the Cowboy Woody scene, which doesnt quite make sense to me as it's all about different country's and cowboy woody as much as I love him is a cartoon and maybe from Texas at best and that's not a country. I miss the tiki! but I do love disneyland! I go at least once a month.

I love Disneyland because

I love all the different food, especial the eggs benedict at Carnation cafe and my favorite server is Bob whom has worked there for like 33 years and the chef has been there over 50!

The tiki masks by the gates of adventureland

Dole Whips!

Seeing lobsters in the water by Big thunder rail road, they are real too. They are where the fake fish jump. If you look where waters edge is and take your time you will see them come out of the water.

the different seasons and decorating

The window displays at the Emplorium

The employee on main street who is 85 years old.

That you can wear your minnie mouse ears and not look out of place

The day of The Dead Display in Oct/nov

going on the matterhorn with my Mom she giggles like shes a teenager the entire ride.

the fake dragon flys and shooting stars you see while eating at the blue bayou

The Pirate who has dirty feet as you pass under the brige on the ride (they look darn real)

Bill Hill and Hillbilly's show (every now and then you can see Dartin Menny play bass for them)

Birthday buttons and corny birthday phone calls from mickey mouse or Goofy

The smell by the candy store that they pump out into the street so you will be tempted to go in

All the names on the windows down main street that represent someone with Disneyland

The light still being on for Walt in his apartment over the fire station

That Mary Blairs beautiful art is still there above Buzz light year's ride even though it's covered up by not so good art, But at least it still exsists.

That the sky way entrance is still there above the casey the train ride.

That I was able to make so many memories from there and can remember America sings, Country Bears Jamboree, the original rockets, Mission to Mars, adventure through inner space, the people mover and so much more

Micky mouse shaped balloons, I love those!

The flowers

Tiki room of course

How when you touch the apple before you go into the snow white ride, it says a saying for you!

Sitting in the very back of the monorail

The ducks in the lake

How in the 80's they had a man in the suit of armor in the haunted mansion and he used to scare people, he scared the crap out of my ex boyfriend.

How you feel like a kid

The petting zoo

The haunted mansion holiday

Days when it's empty

Buying a watch almost every time I go there.

Ice Cream with Marshmellow sauce

The firehouse band

still having my minnie mouse doll that I have had since I was 4

Keeping Walt's dream alive

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 4:59 pm   Permalink

oops...

[ This Message was edited by: TikiShopPua 2009-04-21 20:37 ]

[ This Message was edited by: TikiShopPua 2009-04-21 20:39 ]

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 5:25 pm   Permalink

Disneyland rules, because you can upgrade to a passport, with your free birthday admission, and get $69 credit towards the purchase of any annual passport.Premium Passports Rule, because there is no $12 parking fee/per visit!

TikiShopPua
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 8:38 pm   Permalink

To borrow a few...

I love Disneyland because...

That you can wear your minnie mouse ears and not look out of place...

All the names on the windows down main street that represent someone with Disneyland...

Micky mouse shaped balloons, I love those!...

How you feel like a kid...

Keeping Walt's dream alive...

AMEN!

View Profile of TikiShopPua Send a personal message to TikiShopPua  Email TikiShopPua Goto the website of TikiShopPua     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki-a-fair
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-21 8:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2009-04-21 17:25, Tom Slick wrote:
Disneyland rules, because you can upgrade to a passport, with your free birthday admission, and get $69 credit towards the purchase of any annual passport.Premium Passports Rule, because there is no $12 parking fee/per visit!

You just have to pay extra for parking, such a bummer. I have had a pass going on 16 years and you would think that after that many years they would just give someone who has been a pass holder for that long free parking. Maybe some day. Cool thing though if you already have a pass and it's your birthday, you get a gift card in the amount of the entry of the park, so I got a watch. Thanks so much Disneyland you made my b-day a happy one.

View Profile of tiki-a-fair Send a personal message to tiki-a-fair      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tom Slick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-04-25 10:50 pm   Permalink

They just finished a week long AP appreciation at Downtown Disney, and gave you 20% most purchases. Alot of miniatures were sold out, but I did buy a couple more books...

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation