FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » California Events » » Forbidden Island New Year's Eve 2007!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island New Year's Eve 2007!
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-11-29 2:33 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

It’s that magical time of year again!

Forbidden Island is pleased to invite you to our Second Annual New Year’s Eve Celebration!

Just like last year, this event will be an exclusive private party for just 50 people- leaving plenty of room to celebrate, relax, and ring in the New Year in style!

Plus, we are pleased to announce that this year dinner will be catered by Alameda’s own Barceluna Restaurant! Chef John will be preparing a custom menu for the occasion featuring fine contemporary island cuisine that will amaze and delight!

Each admission includes:

-Three of our famous signature exotic cocktails!
-Gourmet dinner from Barceluna Restaurant!
-The phenomenal sounds of DJ Jab!
-Champagne Toast @ Midnight!
-Party favors & more!

Tickets are just $85 for an incredible night of entertainment and dining.

***Tickets are only available IN PERSON at Forbidden Island and go on sale TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4th at 5:00pm. Limit of four tickets per person. Hurry in: Last year sold out in two days! And remember there are only 50 spots available!***

Don’t miss the best party in Alameda!!

Mahalo!

Forbidden Island
1304 Lincoln Ave
Alameda, CA 94501
www.forbiddenislandalameda.com

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-29 11:21 pm   Permalink

Champagne Toast @ Midnight!

Not liking the sound of that.

I need my phone number, quick!
Ron

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-11-30 12:45 pm   Permalink

So we get to throw champagne and toast at Midnite Tiki? !!! Hmmmm.....if we get to throw toast and champagne at Midnite Tiki, will there be other beverage and toast option available for this particular event?

Oh, wait, maybe Midnite Tiki meant Midnight was of concern. Something about turning into a pumpkin at the stroke of 12 am? If so, we (or someone) will personally deliver you to your carriage (AKA BART) which stops running at 2am!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2007-11-30 18:11 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Buster
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-11-30 5:15 pm   Permalink

Or maybe it was hanging him over a low flame until golden brown that caused him concern.

View Profile of Buster Send a personal message to Buster      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2007-12-04 6:00 pm   Permalink

***SOLD OUT IN 29 MINUTES!!***

Thank you all!

And my apologies to those who didn't make it in time- could not believe the turnout.

-martin

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gmporter

Posted: 2007-12-04 7:21 pm   Permalink

And I felt silly waiting outside at 4:15... Can't wait to see y'all there!

View Profile of gmporter Send a personal message to gmporter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-05 08:21 am   Permalink

Grrrr. Showed up at 6:30 and was just S.O.L. Anyone who has 2 extra tickets they don't need please pm me. Thanks a lot!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-13 5:01 pm   Permalink

For the people coming in from out of town and spending the night in Alameda, I was wondering where you folks are planning on staying for that night? The reason I ask is, if enough people stay at the same location, then we could easily plan some after party shenannigans.

Last year, Conga Mike and Denise rented the "Honeymoon Suite" at the Days Inn on Webster St. The place is a little dicey at best, but we had a lot of fun, plus the honeymoon suite came equiped with a wet bar! I can't whole-heartedly recommend the Days Inn, but there are a couple of other nicer places to spend the night, including the
Coral Reef, and the Marina Village Inn. From what I've seen and heard from others, these are fairly nice places to stay (but they're not the Ritz Carlton).

The Marina Village Inn is at the Northern part of the Island, not too far from Forbidden Island, the rooms are nice and clean standard sized motel rooms, and some of the rooms actually overlook the marina and the bay. The Coral Reef is on the southern part of the island, on Park St. at Southshore Beach, across the street from Southshore Shopping Center, and the Sushi House, and next door to a bowling alley. The rooms are a little older, but they are larger suite types (around 500 to 600 sq ft) with a full kitchen. I'm thinking that maybe the Coral Reef would be a little more conducive to an after party because of the full kitchen?

Anyways, those are my suggestions. Anyone else have any other accomodation recommendations? El Jabbo?

So where is everyone going to stay? Shall we start organizing a NYE after party?

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-13 7:57 pm   Permalink

Bill, you booze hound, what the drinks at FI aren't enough?????
damn im just jealous and raazin ya.
party on my good man.
wish I was there.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-13 11:53 pm   Permalink

Anyone else have any other accomodation recommendations? El Jabbo?

El Jabbo's sounds great; Dean's place is so cool. We can tell ghost stories, I'll make some waffles. He's got room for about, let's see, twelve? That should do it. It is the holiday season and all. Travelers in the night, no room at the inn, good tidings...and on Earth peace, and goodwill toward men. Ya know, WWJD?

Praise the Lord, after party? My liver just booked an after hangover. I'm about eight months in arrears to Betty Ford and that's the good news. The bad news? I just got a new sponsor:

Whichever of the twelve I am stuck on, this is probably a step backward.

Quicksand!
le midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 3:12 pm   Permalink

For those staying for after party shenannigans, if you just stay a little longer the next day, then you can participate in my intervention as well.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-14 8:22 pm   Permalink

webcamwebcamwebcam

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-16 10:35 am   Permalink

While this event is open to TC and everyone else who can get one of the 50 tickets, it isn't a TC event. Therefore, webcam isn't an option.

Quote:

On 2007-12-14 20:22, VampiressRN wrote:
webcamwebcamwebcam

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-16 12:17 pm   Permalink

Oh well...just thought I would ask. I missed getting tickets...took too long to think about it. Have fun all you Holiday Hodads!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-17 4:21 pm   Permalink

I'm still hoping two of those 50 tickets wash up on my doorstep. Anyone?

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation