FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Forbidden Island New Year's Eve 2007!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Forbidden Island New Year's Eve 2007!
Tikitastic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 6:07 pm   Permalink

I now have a room booked at the Coral Reef Inn for the NYE shenanigans after we are done at Forbidden Island. Anybody else staying at the Coral Reef Inn? Anyone have a suite? I'll bring some rum for the after party.

View Profile of Tikitastic Send a personal message to Tikitastic  Goto the website of Tikitastic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 07:14 am   Permalink

FI would be pretty high on my list for NYE! I'll likely be freezing my fingers off!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gmporter

Posted: 2007-12-30 9:11 pm   Permalink

Hello everyone,

My partner and I will be at the FI New Year's Eve celebration, and were wondering if anyone would like to share a cab afterwards? We're heading to the Lake Merritt area of Oakland.

Safe celebrating!

View Profile of gmporter Send a personal message to gmporter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Blazenhoff

Posted: 2007-12-31 11:34 am   Permalink

Something I saw in the Alameda Journal:

Alamedans can take advantage of a free ride home between 8 p.m., New Year's Eve, through 4 a.m. New Year's Day. To request a free ride, call Yellow Cab of Alameda or Veterans Cab at 800-281-4488 and say Berg Injury Lawyers is paying for the safe ride home. Cab rides are being offered for people to go home, not for transportation to other New Year's Eve parties. The service is also being offered to residents living in Oakland and Berkeley.

View Profile of Blazenhoff Send a personal message to Blazenhoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-31 1:38 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Blazenhoff. I also found this in case you drove your car somewhere and want to get home safely.

"And, if you brought your car but drank anyway, AAA of Northern California will take you and your car home for free.

The "Tipsy Tow" program, open to AAA members and nonmembers alike, will offer a one-way ride and tow -- no more than five miles - - to the driver's home from 6 p.m. Sunday to 6 a.m. Monday throughout Northern California, Nevada and Utah. Call 1-800-AAA- HELP (1-800-222-4357) and tell the AAA operator you need a Tipsy Tow; a truck will be dispatched to get you."

Can't wait for some serious imbibing tonight at FI. Yippeee!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
princessP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 1:45 pm   Permalink

fancy attire !!

If I wear jeans that's fancy enough for me. I wear shorts every day. haha The joys of being self-employeed.

View Profile of princessP Send a personal message to princessP  Email princessP Goto the website of princessP     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 10:53 pm   Permalink

Happy new year Forbidden Island, Haole it was great meeting you in person at Tiki Ti. I hope you all have a moment of silence for Andy who loves Tiki, Fiona and the Scottish Clown Doctor's later tonight. Martin, Mike Sr at Tiki Ti said your rum collection is not to be missed snd I look forward to seeing your place. Happy New Year to you all at Forbidden Island.
Tim

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2007-12-31 22:55 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-01 05:04 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-31 22:53, Ojaitimo wrote:
I hope you all have a moment of silence for Andy who loves Tiki, Fiona and the Scottish Clown Doctor's later tonight.

Uh, the whole Andy Landry thing was soooooo 2006! That was a while ago. MakeDaMug was still posting as Smogbreather, and other folks like rodeotiki, badmojo, and Tangaroa were still posting on TC.

Happy New Years, anyways!

[ This Message was edited by: Mai Tai 2008-01-01 05:05 ]

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-01 10:47 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-13 23:53, midnite_tiki wrote:

Praise the Lord, after party? My liver just booked an after hangover. I'm about eight months in arrears to Betty Ford and that's the good news. The bad news? I just got a new sponsor:

Whichever of the twelve I am stuck on, this is probably a step backward.

Quicksand!
le midnite
(End Quote)
Scottish Clown Doctor's so 2006?
Let's say you meet Andy or Fiona like Haole got to at Forbidden Island that night. (Fiona not Andy)

"Mat Tai, would you be my counselor?" I suppose you'll say something like "Sorry kid, that's so 2006 ville". Where is your heart?

So here is a way you could make a difference.
Wildsville man is a new active member here on TC that is accused of being a troll.
He is a self described Drinking Coach and Barcardi front man judging from his recipes, Barcardi this, Bacardi that.
I asked him to please refer to Barcardi as B rum here on TC.
He really needs a sponsor before he pisses off more people and I thought of you.
We can all do a final group intervention like that A&E show at Bali Hijinks in Palm Springs this spring.
Or not.

Quote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-28 10:16, Wildsville man wrote:
I hope you like ANDY!!!!!!!!!!!

Keep it real,keep it simple,Keep it real simple!!!!!!!!!!DIG?

Quote:

On 2007-12-31 11:51, Unga Bunga wrote:
Sorry Wildman,
The jig is up.

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga 2007-12-31 19:52 ]

On 2007-12-27 17:26, BastardoSaffrin wrote:
Please, someone stop this. Please.

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2008-01-01 10:55 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Coco Loco
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-01 3:15 pm   Permalink

Huh?! Whatever dude.

Okay, onto a more sane topic. Had a WONDERFUL time at FI last night! Jab's music got us dancing...company was great. An amazingly fully wonderful evening overall. We closed down La Pinata at 3:30 am...dropped TikiTastic off at the Coral Reef and drove his van home.

Rolled ourselves groggily out of bed at 11:00 this morning...picked TikiTastic up and subsequently went to Oles! Now we're enjoying doing as little as possible today.

Most excellent start to the new year! Happy New Years!

[ This Message was edited by: Coco Loco 2008-01-01 15:21 ]

View Profile of Coco Loco Send a personal message to Coco Loco      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-01 3:16 pm   Permalink

A booze soaked night spent with good folks at the best damn bar around.

Looking forward to next year's bash!

[ This Message was edited by: tiki kaimuki 2008-01-10 10:31 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
freddiefreelance
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 2:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-01 15:16, TIKI KAIMUKI wrote:

Oh, the girls all get prettier at closing time...

View Profile of freddiefreelance Send a personal message to freddiefreelance      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-02 3:01 pm   Permalink

Dang it, missed a cool pary by sitting home with mom and dad watching CNN.

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 8:53 pm   Permalink

Okay peeps, who else has photos? I took a bunch with a new camera, but I haven't downloaded the software to hook it up to my pc. I should have some pics up in a day or so, and I've got a few doozies!

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicleen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-06 11:20 pm   Permalink

i only seem to have this montage of the polyester clip-on tie that made the rounds.

the lesson i learned is that i really shouldnt be allowed to take pictures while drinking.

View Profile of tikicleen Send a personal message to tikicleen  Email tikicleen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation