FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off...
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Holiday Tiki Mug Trade-Off...
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 7:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-18 16:22, caffeinated wrote:
I hope the package I sent has arrived safe & sound or does so shortly!

It has indeed arrived safely. The R-76 is one of those mugs I've always meant to pick up, but I just hadn't found the right one at the right price. Love the bonuses also. The little barrel shots are fabulous. I've got to ask if the monkey swizzle stick was a coincidence, or we're you mocking my notorious fear and hatred of monkeys? Either way, thank you so much. Packages on the door step at Christmas are truly wonderful.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 8:36 pm   Permalink

I'm onboard for May!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caffeinated
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-18 8:43 pm   Permalink

People don't like monkeys?! I just had several of the stirrers & though not really tiki, I thought them amusing. Those particular ones were advertising a pre-mixed drink:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brass_Monkey_(cocktail)
You can always hide him in the back of a drawer, though if you don't keep him in sight he may get up to some drink stirring mischief on his own.
Those shots seem to be pretty prolific around here but I only have found 1 of the handled mugs that matches them.

View Profile of caffeinated Send a personal message to caffeinated      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 9:02 pm   Permalink

Geeeze you guys are going off! I would have sent more if I had known how overboard everyone would go. The mug I sent is rare but not really that valuable, and my extras didn't add up to much.

Maybe I'll get a simple package to go with the simple package I sent.

Mele Kalikimaka!

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-18 11:40 pm   Permalink

I dig the barrel shots!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 07:18 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-18 21:02, MauiTiki wrote:
Geeeze you guys are going off! I would have sent more if I had known how overboard everyone would go. The mug I sent is rare but not really that valuable, and my extras didn't add up to much.

Maybe I'll get a simple package to go with the simple package I sent.

Mele Kalikimaka!

It's the thought that counts...

I think it's ok to send whatever you want to send, but I sincerely hope that people don't go overboard on the next round trying to outdo each other. The items I sent weren't extremely valuable either. I just tried to send them something I know they didn't already have and that I thought they'd like...and that I had extras of.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike  Email Kenike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
caffeinated
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-19 2:06 pm   Permalink

I got this new crazy looking guy from Sneakytiki today:

Its one I haven't seen around here & is definitely a new one for me.
Also 2 black CocoJoe's keychains & a stirrer.
I have a light brown keychain like these with a blue stone & they are great to attach to my vintage metal beer bottle openers.
Thanks a lot Bryan!

I'd like to echo the sentiment that this has been great(good idea again Bogie) & no one should fret over any of it. Everything sent is an extra that hopefully has added some variety to another's collection. The surprise and box at the door is really the important part of it to me.

View Profile of caffeinated Send a personal message to caffeinated      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TravelingJones

Posted: 2007-12-19 2:19 pm   Permalink

Flip-flOp-tRipPpin... Got back from travel assignments, a bit tired and a crummy head cold only to discover a HUGE package of tiki goodies for me, from MY Secret Santa: Tikisgrl!

Well let's just say she is "Perfect-O" and "Over the Top" when gifting the purrrfect trade-off...let's take a lookiee!!

Hhmmm, very nice card from da North Pole and 3 cannibals Mai-Kai stemmed glass coaster!

SsweeetT tea cups from the Tahiti, Kowloon and a Bali Hai Pointed Headress OMC mug (Dedham, Saugus and Lynnfield MASS, respectively)

A couple red Kowloon dinner napkins, a Kowloon spoon stir, a rare Tahitian Bar swizzle (from the Castaways of Miami,FL -AND- a reeeally cool black Hobbyist Square Skull mug by "Ollie"!!!

Sooo DANG! Tikisgrl!!! Mahalo Nui Loa and Mele Kalikimaka to YOU and yours! Thanks Bogielocks for organizing this Holiday Trade-Off!! It's truly a warm blast of good CHEER and GOODWILL tiki, man!!!

Shoootz, ~Jonesey

View Profile of TravelingJones Send a personal message to TravelingJones      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 5:55 pm   Permalink

Nice!!!!! Good one TG! and congrats Travelin' Jonesy!!!

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-19 8:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-19 14:19, TravelingJones wrote:
A couple red Kowloon dinner napkins, a Kowloon spoon stir, a rare Tahitian Bar swizzle (from the Castaways of Miami,FL -AND- a reeeally cool black Hobbyist Square Skull mug by "Ollie"!!!

SWEET "Square Skull Mug" you're stoked!

www.stuckonmaui.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-19 11:19 pm   Permalink

Nice score Jonesey!

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-20 5:17 pm   Permalink

I apparently have a shy Santa... No name just the perfect gifts! I will post pictures soon, had to shovel some snow when I got home, move the car for the plow and now I'm just too lazy to take a picture.

Anyway to my Secret Santa, Many Thanks for my new Tiki Beach Towel by Body Glove, pink that's Hawt & a great House of Tiki mug!

Yay! Can't wait for May!

Tikisgrl

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-20 5:27 pm   Permalink

I just got my Box from JenTiki!!

Thanks for all the cool stuff.

I got lots of extras...

A nice Doug Horne Card, Postcards from Forbidden Island, Tonga Room and Trader Vic's, A Trader Vic's cup, a Trader Vic's Glass and two Menehune swizzle sticks!

Thanks JenTiki!!!

Hey, where's the TikiMug?

www.stuckonmaui.com

JenTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-20 6:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-20 17:27, MauiTiki wrote:

Sorry Rob! I checked your Ooga-Mooga list before I packed up the box, and you already had everything else that I had duplicates of!

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-20 7:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-20 18:46, JenTiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-20 17:27, MauiTiki wrote:

Sorry Rob! I checked your Ooga-Mooga list before I packed up the box, and you already had everything else that I had duplicates of!

I was Kidding... I'm Happy with all the stuff. I have about every inexpensive mug out there, so no worries. I had AtomicChick who has 600+ mugs, so I know the feeling.

Rob

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation