FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Who Made These Ku Mugs??
Who Made These Ku Mugs??
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 12:15 pm   Permalink

Hi All,
Another mug mystery I'm trying to sort out. Neither of the following two mugs have any identifying marks. The first looks like a Dynasty DW114 while the second looks like a copy of the Orchids R-74 Ku. Any insights or guesses?

Thanks!

Dynasty DW114 ??

Orchids R-74 Copy ??

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 11:33 pm   Permalink

Be-ump

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiJosh
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 4:53 pm   Permalink

Can't recall off the top of my head, but I seem to think that Dynasty doesn't stamp the bottom of their small mugs (or maybe they didn't always). I know they do on the volcano bowls, but I think I've got a blue mermaid mug at home that doesn't have anything on the bottom. I'd have to check to make sure, though.
Anyone know? Anyway, that might take care of the top mug. Looks like a Dynasty's to me, but the bottom one with the smudgy detail might be an Orchids copy, or possibly a mug from an old/deteriorating mold. I've got some older Orchids mugs where the marks on the bottom are almost impossible to see. Not sure if the mold was going bad or what, but the guy on the bottom of your post could be an old Orchids.

View Profile of TikiJosh Send a personal message to TikiJosh      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sweet Daddy Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-14 5:36 pm   Permalink

From my collection:

Orchids of Hawaii R-74, made in Taiwan

DW114, made in China (stamped on bottom)

The Orchids is a good deal crisper and slightly smaller than the Dynasty. Note the different noses. I'd say you have two Dynasty mugs, LOL.

blog

View Profile of Sweet Daddy Tiki Send a personal message to Sweet Daddy Tiki  Goto the website of Sweet Daddy Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation