[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Campbell's Trader Vic's Mug
Campbell's Trader Vic's Mug
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 2:30 pm   Permalink

Can anyone tell me about this mug?

Quote:
Campbell's 7" tall mug/glass. Woman with frying pan behind woman with fish over her shoulder and frying pan in other hand. Fresh Fish sign in bucket. Embossed on bottom is: cpy. 1979 Trader Vic's. Also a faded paper label with Imperial Imports, Japan. Excellent condition, no chips or cracks.

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LOL Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 5:40 pm   Permalink

I've seen that mug on eBay several times. I recall reading that it was used at a short-lived seafood spin-off of Trader Vic's. At the moment I can't recall the name or where I read this, but if I can find it again I'll post it up.

Ovarian Cancer Research

View Profile of LOL Tiki Send a personal message to LOL Tiki  Email LOL Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 6:25 pm   Permalink

It's a Mama Gruber Mug.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unkle John
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 6:59 pm   Permalink

Tiki-Kate, thank you s much for the info! I looked over ooga-mooga (briefly at work) and couldn't find it. I may have missed it during a phone call. But again, thank you very much! Now... anyone know of a drink recipe that it went with?

View Profile of Unkle John Send a personal message to Unkle John  Email Unkle John Goto the website of Unkle John     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-01 7:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-01 18:59, Unkle John wrote:
Now... anyone know of a drink recipe that it went with?

I believe it may be in Trader Vic's Book of Mexican Cooking. I don't own it, so I can't check. But I'm sure someone else out there has a copy...

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation