FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Shag Ceramics 2006 Japan Exclusives ???
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Shag Ceramics 2006 Japan Exclusives ???
BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-04 8:02 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:35 ]

View Profile of BlackFish Send a personal message to BlackFish      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 6:03 pm   Permalink

Some information would be great. I was able to pick up a couple of the vases and a decanter, but I'm totally diggin' the plates. Haven't seen those too much. Is there some place else other than ebay we can get these items?

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 10:40 am   Permalink

I asked Holden about them. He said a friend was manufacturing a limited quantity for Japan sales only. I was able to buy a set of the Tall Mugs, through e-bay.

I expected a few to come through ebay, but it appears that they will be available on ebay for a while.

Where did that photo come from??

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-08 11:34 am   Permalink

It would be interesting to know the original prices, just to get a baseline as to how jacked the ebay prices actually are. Too bad it's Japan only!

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 8:56 pm   Permalink

Heres an option..........
Yahoo japan auctions.
just type in shag, quite a few of the items pop up and cheap. However... its all in Japanese and most all sellers on YJA dont ship internationaly. So why do I post this info you ask?
www.celga.com
Celga places your bids and ships the stuff to you... for a fee of course.
In the end you will probably be paying about the same price as on ebay but last I checked at least there was a steady amount up.

-m

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 9:03 pm   Permalink

Heres one of many for example.
http://page19.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/x27436792
Its only about $15.

-m

View Profile of stuckieshaft Send a personal message to stuckieshaft  Goto the website of stuckieshaft     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomicchick
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 11:21 pm   Permalink

From a Japan auction that had the original selling prices listed, these are the actual prices:

Vase: $ 43
Spice Bottle $ 11
Incense Tray $ 15
Tumbler $ 23
Decanter $ 31
Mug $ 17

Wow, I bought three of these items on ebay, I feel so dirty now.

View Profile of Atomicchick Send a personal message to Atomicchick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 11:39 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the info Stuckie.

Have you used CELGA before?

Check these out...

These images fit together (sort of).

The small three are for spices, then there are two more sizes. Normal size Mugs and then really large ones. Crazy. And the plates too! Wow!

www.stuckonmaui.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 11:53 pm   Permalink

I guess the Tall ones are Vases.

Here is the price list...
103 yen = $1

Amazing what you can find on the internet if you Try. Now if I only had friends in Japan.

-Rob

www.stuckonmaui.com

stuckieshaft
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 07:22 am   Permalink

I collect japanese vinyl toys and I post a bit on a japanese toy forum. Everyone there uses celga. Its defintitely a major operation, I would not fear using it.
I think those plates are actually incense holders.
yen is at 103 to a dollar? I have a module on my computer which tells me daily the yen rate, which shows it at 111 to $1. But it could be that organizations only update their conversion every so often.
Basically for yen prices just move a decimal point over 2 spots and thats about what the price is in $.

-m

BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-09 7:31 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:36 ]

View Profile of BlackFish Send a personal message to BlackFish      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-11 01:51 am   Permalink

Good info thanks guys. I just think they made a ton of this stuff, I like them but I'm not willing to pay 3 times more than issue when I can but those dollars into LTD pieces. It looks like the e-bay prices might be dropping a little? Or is it just me.. lol

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-11 07:44 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:37 ]

Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-11 12:15 pm   Permalink

Yeah, if it all came out a year ago, why is it all hitting ebay now? I'm just wondering if we might soon discover a direct source...hopehope. The ebay mark up is a bit much for me.

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-15 8:17 pm   Permalink

There are several Japanese websites selling this stuff at the regular prices. If you can read Japanese and Type in kanji (sp?), you may be able to ask them if they will ship to the US.

I found several sites, but this is the only one I remember...

http://www.swingers1950.com

do a search for Shag and the stuff will come up.

I have a Japanese friend who has emailed to see if they will ship to the US but we've gotten no reply.

BlackFish, did you hear it was an open run? many of the auctions say limited edition or sold out. I'll have to dig up my email from Holden to confirm what he said.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers www.stuckonmaui.com

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation