FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts my backyard tiki lounge... finally got pics
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
my backyard tiki lounge... finally got pics
visualdreams

Posted: 2007-12-05 2:48 pm   Permalink

If this picture posts i will post more...

[ This Message was edited by: visualdreams 2007-12-07 12:15 ]

[ This Message was edited by: 2007-12-09 13:50 ]

View Profile of visualdreams Send a personal message to visualdreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Zen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 07:02 am   Permalink

Sweet! I can almost hear the surf.

Whatever anyone tells you about building a bar - build it bigger. I built an outdoor bar that seats 10, and it is too small. But I have all winter to plan "phase 2."

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Zen 2007-12-10 05:55 ]

View Profile of Tiki Zen Send a personal message to Tiki Zen      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
benella
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-06 07:14 am   Permalink

Yep, would love to see it too.
Look at the Help/FAQ on the top right, and you will know how to share a picture in HTML, BB Code ...

Benjamin.

View Profile of benella Send a personal message to benella  Goto the website of benella     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hewey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 5:48 pm   Permalink

Glad you got the pics up Looks like a sweet little tiki bar, great design with the BBQ and tables in there - great for entertaining. LOVE the fire table! Is that a gas job?

View Profile of hewey Send a personal message to hewey  Email hewey     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
visualdreams

Posted: 2007-12-07 6:19 pm   Permalink

Yes it is a gas table. I had captions for all my pics but I had to use Photobucket to transfer the pics. So Hours of work was wasted and captions were lost. I think i will try to add captions in a while.

View Profile of visualdreams Send a personal message to visualdreams      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 6:22 pm   Permalink

Great bar. Big and roomy. Now alll you need is those one-of-a-kind items that you can only get when you have your finger on the pulse of TikiCentral. Or hand make it.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
visualdreams

Posted: 2007-12-07 6:30 pm   Permalink

I would like to try and carve a TIKI Man. I made the whole TIKI Bar myself. The table of course so that it was the perfect hieght for the chairs. The TV Bar was an old Waterbed headboard. Took the mirror out and put a TV in the back of.Put some old closet doors on to keep it safe. As well as giving it that TIKI Charm. The roof is made from Canvas.

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 8:34 pm   Permalink

visualdreams, great job on the bar! It's so much cooler when u can say u made yourself. It has a lot of character. Bet you'll do a great job on the tikis.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 06:22 am   Permalink

Looks like yous somewhere in Floriduh !!! [Oaks still got leaves]
Need to take everything out and build your self a nice 10 ft.[long] bar... looks like you can only sit 5 peoples in there !!!!!
Other than that looking good !!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 08:40 am   Permalink

Yes! Very nice!

I agree, looks like you are somewhere in Florida. I can tell from your plants and the general Key-West feel of a few of your items in there.

The table is awesome with the fire in the middle. Can you put plants in there for the warmer months?

The headboard TV holder is an excellent repurposing of furniture. You can show Endless Summer and all of the other great surf movies while entertaining. I can't tell if that is also serving as your bar back, or did I miss something in the photos.....

So now that you are done with the major work, when is the Grand (re)Opening party?

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
visualdreams

Posted: 2007-12-09 12:52 pm   Permalink

Florida would be right. I have lots of plants in here. Getting some more Orchids but just want to start little first because they are expensive. The room seats 9 pepole comfortably with room for another 5 to stand. I would like to start a TIKI MUG collection. I will be putting a shelf around the inside perimeter of the roof for them. The TV is on the inside of another room just beside the Lounge so the bar is not a pass through.

Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-09 1:18 pm   Permalink

Oh yeah, I forgot to say earlier... Welcome to Tiki Central.

Whereabouts in Florida? Can you leave the Orchids out all year?

If you can leave them out all year, or keep them in pots to bring in when the weather gets cold, what you do is buy the 'scratch-and-dent' orchids from Home Depot. The flowers are usually spent and the things are half dead, but you can get them for a few buck each. Plus, it is kind of fun when they do flower again because it is like a little surprise for the lounge.

I have some pictures around here somewhere of some of the orchids, I'll have to find them and share.....

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
visualdreams

Posted: 2007-12-09 6:58 pm   Permalink

Just a couple of extra pics to add

visualdreams

Posted: 2008-02-16 4:42 pm   Permalink

Here are some new pictures from my BACKYARD TIKI LOUNGE
Her are some of the Beer Tap Handles I started to collect

an old Schlitz Beer sign from 1976 I rescued

The Beer Tap Keg I made from an old Whiskey Barrel.

BUFFBAD
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-18 04:52 am   Permalink

To heck with the great TIKI decor. I love the looks of that grill ! BUFFBAD

View Profile of BUFFBAD Send a personal message to BUFFBAD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation