FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music Tikiyaki Orchestra on Hawaiian Airlines in-flight radio.
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tikiyaki Orchestra on Hawaiian Airlines in-flight radio.
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 5:42 pm   Permalink

I received a bit of good news via email this morning. Seems that Fluid Floyd from Honolulu's own keeper of the Exotica torch, DON TIKI is programming an Exotica Radio program for a Hawaiian Airlines in flight music channel called "the Exotica Sky Lounge Show" and has added the song "Crossing Kilauea" from the Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" CD.

The show will be airing on ALL flights in February and March. Needless to say I'm really excited about this, as people going to their vacation in paradise will be able to hear the Tikiyaki Orchestra on their way to and from paradise.

Guess I need to book a flight to Hawaii now

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 6:18 pm   Permalink

Congrats Man, thats way cool,

Jeff(bigtikidude)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-05 7:11 pm   Permalink

Ditto. You earned it. That's a really great track.

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Vonratnick
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-05 9:26 pm   Permalink

One of my faves, great track. They should do more of your stuff.

View Profile of Vonratnick Send a personal message to Vonratnick      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kawentzmann
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 04:45 am   Permalink

Man, congratulations! Now Im jealous!

View Profile of Kawentzmann Send a personal message to Kawentzmann  Goto the website of Kawentzmann     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 05:25 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-05 17:42, tikiyaki wrote:
I received a bit of good news via email this morning. Seems that Fluid Floyd from Honolulu's own keeper of the Exotica torch, DON TIKI is programming an Exotica Radio program for a Hawaiian Airlines in flight music channel called "the Exotica Sky Lounge Show" and has added the song "Crossing Kilauea" from the Tikiyaki Orchestra "StereoExotique" CD.

The show will be airing on ALL flights in February and March. Needless to say I'm really excited about this, as people going to their vacation in paradise will be able to hear the Tikiyaki Orchestra on their way to and from paradise.

Guess I need to book a flight to Hawaii now

That is VERY cool.

I'll never forget my first trip to the Islands to see the Don Tiki show in Honolulu. On my Hawaiian Airlines flight to the Islands the stewards and stewardess's were dressed in Polynesian garb while Don Tiki played over the speakers. They even served Trader Vic's Mai Tai's!!!

Congrats for getting on the playlist and a BIG thanks to Fluid Floyd for putting together an Exotica radio show!!!!!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 08:50 am   Permalink

Okonkuluku!

Congratuamtuations to the TY Orch! Also to Professor Humming Flower's who's original title track from Rendezvous in Okonkuluku is also going to be heard in the in-flight radio selections So far, we haven't been able to get the airline to pick up the Okonkulukukooler drink as a bevvy but we hope to at some point.

mr ho

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 1:17 pm   Permalink

Good going 'Ho' !!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 4:56 pm   Permalink

You guys make me sick.

In a puking with envy kind of way.

SCORE!!

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 7:09 pm   Permalink

LOL Pablus...this one completely fell in my lap. Fluid Floyd hooked me up, and yea, Waitiki is on there,as well as the classic stuff. I saw the playlist, and The Tikiyaki Orchestra track is followed by one of my favorite Martin Denny tracks "The Enchanted Sea". Now THAT'S a nice segue

Maybe, with Waikiki trying to revitalize it's Hawaiian roots, we may see a resurgence in Exotica Music, even if it's for the sake of nostalgia. Too bad they tore down all the cool Tiki landmarks, tho a few still remain. Maybe we can all get gigs at the Hilton Hawaiian village someday

[ This Message was edited by: tikiyaki 2007-12-07 19:10 ]

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
alohacurrent
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-07 10:16 pm   Permalink

way to go Jim. Keep on keepin on baby.

View Profile of alohacurrent Send a personal message to alohacurrent  Email alohacurrent     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 06:15 am   Permalink

<<Maybe we can all get gigs at the Hilton Hawaiian village someday >>

Now there's a dream to hang my makau on.

There's not a day that goes by that I don't envision myself at the Mauna Kea resort in that big downstairs area playing a tenor koa ukulele to a scattered few while the surf washes ashore just a few yards behi....

...gotta go pack.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 07:51 am   Permalink

Wow. This is fantastic, and very exciting! Congrats to all of you!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chongolio
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-08 11:27 am   Permalink

RAD! Your tunes so deserve the exposure Jim. That is almost like getting "The Great Gig In The Sky"

Chongolio.com
Stoke & Flow
Facebook

View Profile of Chongolio Send a personal message to Chongolio  Email Chongolio Goto the website of Chongolio     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
professahhummingflowah
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-17 5:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-08 11:27, Chongolio wrote:
RAD! Your tunes so deserve the exposure Jim. That is almost like getting "The Great Gig In The Sky"

Yeah, except you don't have to die first. I'd much prefer being on Hawaiian for the time being! Jim, how do you know Lloyd?

View Profile of professahhummingflowah Send a personal message to professahhummingflowah  Email professahhummingflowah Goto the website of professahhummingflowah     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation