FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Anyone see the new Bosko Tiki Bob type "Tribute"?
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Anyone see the new Bosko Tiki Bob type "Tribute"?
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 09:34 am   Permalink

Just got myself one.

http://www.tikibosko.com

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
midnite
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 10:35 am   Permalink

Hey Turbo!
Thanks for the heads-up, we got ours. Appreciate the notice here, even though we check Bosko's site from time to time, may have been a while before we did again. We'd of been supremely pee'd if couldn't get this one.

Bosko's last "Bob Tribute" was closer to the original, but long sold out. Had a chance for that one and just hesitated too long...missed out in the end. Saw one at Taboo Cove though, "Turn down that shi**y music!"...sorry, reflex action.

midnite

View Profile of midnite Send a personal message to midnite      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suburban Hipster
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 1:30 pm   Permalink

Thanks, Turbogod. I just ordered one as well, and I'd think the item with be OOS soon with a production run of only 40.

View Profile of Suburban Hipster Send a personal message to Suburban Hipster  Email Suburban Hipster     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 1:56 pm   Permalink

I got two sailing my way. Thanks for the heads up!

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 2:47 pm   Permalink

That first version was actually very cheap for a week or two, then shot up in price. I kicked myself for not buying it at the cheap rate when it became more expensive, then kicked myself again for not buying it at the higher price when it sold out. Selah!

Now the postage cost to the UK from Bosko is absurd as they have opted out of using the US postal service & use an international courier. (The new mug would cost about $130 once postage & tax is added...bloody hell) Roll on a faithful version by Tiki Farm!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johntiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-12 10:39 pm   Permalink

Finally scored an authentic Tiki Bob's mug from Ebay and now I find out about these??? My God, is there no end to this tiki mug madness???

View Profile of johntiki Send a personal message to johntiki  Goto the website of johntiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PolynesianPop
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 07:44 am   Permalink

johntiki,
Hey man, no need to fret - you scored an original Tiki Bob's! This one is just an interpretation of the real thing. If I had to choose between the two, I'd still pick the OG Tiki Bob's mug.

* * * The Polynesian Popster * * *

[ This Message was edited by: PolynesianPop on 2003-02-13 07:44 ]

View Profile of PolynesianPop Send a personal message to PolynesianPop  Email PolynesianPop Goto the website of PolynesianPop     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SullTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 8:12 pm   Permalink

I got mine too. Thanks Turbogod!

View Profile of SullTiki Send a personal message to SullTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-13 8:19 pm   Permalink

Geeze $45... Too steep for me, especially for a new mug.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikimug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 1:39 pm   Permalink

It sez... "Almost sold out"

I got mine, one will just have to be enough...

[ This Message was edited by: tikimug on 2003-02-14 13:39 ]

View Profile of tikimug Send a personal message to tikimug  Email tikimug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 8:24 pm   Permalink

"Bang Bang, I got mine!"

One for me. One for Tiki-T.

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikigreg
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-15 1:47 pm   Permalink

That's it folks. They are now sold out of the new tiki bob mug as of 3:30 p.m. EST.

View Profile of tikigreg Send a personal message to tikigreg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 2:46 pm   Permalink

Tipsy Bobs arrived today!

These guys are a lot bigger than I thought and will come in handy in holding a whole lotta grog!

Here some pix on the Stentiki Bar to give some perspective:

The wide angle:

Arty

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 2:53 pm   Permalink

Mighty impressive-looking mugs, nay bowls, or something or other. Anyway, they are huge!
Perhaps distorting Tiki Bob's mugs will become as popular as distorting Bob Dobb's face with the creative crowd.

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-18 4:43 pm   Permalink

Perhaps "jugs" would be appropriate?

Then you could say, "nice jugs!" Or maybe, "wow, those jugs are huge!"

Sorry, couldn't help myself!

Excuse my ignorance, Woody but who is Bob Dobb?

Cheers,

Arty

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki on 2003-02-18 16:49 ]

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation