FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food If you could pick only one...
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
If you could pick only one...
Blowfish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 1:58 pm   Permalink

Yup, this is one of those, stranded on an island type threads, but about rum instead of music!

I would like to hear what your one favorite bottle of sipping rum would be, since you may not have things to mix this with on the island.... I am looking to learn what I can of the best sipping rums, probably dark in nature with subtle hints of other flavors.

Mahalo!

View Profile of Blowfish Send a personal message to Blowfish  Email Blowfish Goto the website of Blowfish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 2:20 pm   Permalink

Man, that's a good question. I would have to say, that special bottle of El Dorado something-or-other, that Scottes had at his rum tasting a while back. To be honest, it was towards the end of the list, which meant that after 3 cocktails and 10 other rums tried, I can't say that I was in my right mind, but this one left quite an impression. I remember asking for seconds, but not whether or not I got any. Probably not. Or maybe I did, and just didn't want to admit it to myself so's to justify asking again. Probably the latter.

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-11 2:24 pm   Permalink

Tim, I'm pretty sure that was the El Dorado 15-year-old. If you're up Wednesday for the meeting Bargoyle should be bringing it (I left it at the Lono Lounge and didn't notice for 2 months...) You might not have gotten seconds because you were busy behind the bar and forgot. It was on the table all night long...

Only one.... I might also go for the ED 15, since there is so much to explore in that rum.

But then I'd miss my favorite, Ron Zacapa 23-year-old.

And since this is a fantasy, why not the Pyrat Cask 1623?? I could lose myself in that rum discovering new flavors for quite some time...

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Little fragrant Tiare
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 05:28 am   Permalink

I would bring my El Dorado 15..no doubt.

View Profile of Little fragrant Tiare Send a personal message to Little fragrant Tiare  Goto the website of Little fragrant Tiare     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Mayor Of Exotica
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 07:20 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-11 14:24, Scottes wrote:
Tim, I'm pretty sure that was the El Dorado 15-year-old. If you're up Wednesday for the meeting Bargoyle should be bringing it (I left it at the Lono Lounge and didn't notice for 2 months...) You might not have gotten seconds because you were busy behind the bar and forgot. It was on the table all night long...

Only one.... I might also go for the ED 15, since there is so much to explore in that rum.

But then I'd miss my favorite, Ron Zacapa 23-year-old.

And since this is a fantasy, why not the Pyrat Cask 1623?? I could lose myself in that rum discovering new flavors for quite some time...

He forgot the rum, didn't he?

View Profile of The Mayor Of Exotica Send a personal message to The Mayor Of Exotica  Email The Mayor Of Exotica Goto the website of The Mayor Of Exotica     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 08:54 am   Permalink

Easy one for me. Having spent many months on a low carb diet and mixed drinks were out, I was left with just straight alcohol to drink. I worked my way through the rums on hand and in the stores. Barbencourt 5 year, 8 year, 17 year; El Do 12 year, Lemon Hart, Pusser's, Myer's, Brugal, Angastura, Coruba, Mont Gay, Cohiba, Appleton, etc, etc. I tried everything available. Hands down, not even close really, the only rum I drink straight is St. James Royal Amber. Not the H'ors D'age, not the Extra Old. Tried those too! I have not found anything that drinks so smooth and finishes so clean. The aged stuff has a bite to it that I don't like. Some stuff was just awful like the Cohiba. Yetch!

The Swank Pad endorses Saint James Royal Ambre. Ask for it by name!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-23 07:20, The Mayor Of Exotica wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-12-11 14:24, Scottes wrote:
Bargoyle should be bringing it

He forgot the rum, didn't he?

Yes, he did...

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 10:47 am   Permalink

Only one?

Well, any of these would be my stranded on the island picks:

El Dorado 15
Ron Zacapa 23
Saint James Amber (or Hors d age, I like them both)
Cruzan Single Barrel Estate (guilty pleasure of mine)
Appleton Estate Extra (Black label) or VX (Red Label)

There are others, but they are hard to find down here, so I kept my list to things I might actually have when South Florida finally goes under water.....

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pappythesailor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 11:15 am   Permalink

Larry's Discount Liquors White Rumme. Bottled right here in Brockton, MA. It's not really white, more violet. But at $7 a bottle you could bring a lot more rum to the island. Ooops, I meant 'rumme', that's like rum, right? and the plastic bottles are shatterproof!

(just wanted to see if I could kill Scott--Scott are you still breathing?)

View Profile of pappythesailor Send a personal message to pappythesailor  Goto the website of pappythesailor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 1:24 pm   Permalink

Ron Pampero Anniversario

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GentleHangman
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-23 1:31 pm   Permalink

Only one, huh?

Then for me it would have to be Appleton Estates 21 Year old.

GENT

View Profile of GentleHangman Send a personal message to GentleHangman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 1:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-23 11:15, pappythesailor wrote:
Larry's Discount Liquors White Rumme. Bottled right here in Brockton, MA.

You had me going for a second there...

sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 2:17 pm   Permalink

Havana Club 7
nuff said

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
vegasvic
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-23 3:12 pm   Permalink

As long as we're fantasizin', I guess I'd go for the HC Maximo. Then after I drank the bottle I could make a raft from the case that it comes in and paddle my way off the island.

P.S. Has anybody ever tried it?

View Profile of vegasvic Send a personal message to vegasvic  Email vegasvic     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-24 09:50 am   Permalink

Pyrat Planters 1623 ... Gave this as X-mas gifts to some A list clients !!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation