FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
beadtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-10 3:49 pm   Permalink

Love 'em all but Travelin' Tiger's my fave!

View Profile of beadtiki Send a personal message to beadtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2010-07-10 11:20 pm   Permalink

Nice!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-11 10:16 am   Permalink

Butterfly and Moth Queen...
You're so Awesome,Heather!
Brilliant in execution
Brilliant in Concept....
YAY!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-12 11:06 am   Permalink

I had the pleasure to see the silk worms in person at the hukilau. Beautiful work Heather. I get real excited to see an updated post from you.......

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-26 8:04 pm   Permalink

Heather!?!?!
Where are you?
probably painting...
let's see!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 7:06 pm   Permalink

Haha--yes ken, if I wasn't here I was definitely painting.

Despite my best intentions I always seem to fall off the posting bandwagon as fast as I climb on... paintings have to be painted, shipments have to be shipped... it's a tough life

Anyway, here's my little official announcement that a few of my velvet paintings are now safely in San Diego awaiting their day in the Sun at Tiki Oasis 10! I've been a vendor at Tiki Oasis now every year since 2004, but as some of you know I won't be attending this year. Hodadhank of Freaky Boutiki will be showcasing a few paintings for me at his booth in the vendor's marketplace on August 21-22. I was only able to send a few pieces this year, but I'm still happy that I'll at least be able to make a showing and be there in spirit through my art.

I'm going to post a few preview pics here this week (and on my Facebook page
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=188150&id=80412485683&saved#!/pages/Heather-Watts/80412485683 ) so here are a few for tonight and more to come tomorrow!

Here's a good shot (from an odd angle) of one of my smaller paintings for the event.

A work in progress pic from one of my paintings: I know I don't post a lot of this sort of stuff--it can mess with my head to post too much of my process sometimes I think, but here's a nice one that shows the texture of the velvet. The painting is a car (the half-finished black part on the right is the hood and headlights.)

Close-up pic of frame carved by Patrick g. Robinson on one of my Oasis velvets.

Packing my shipment for San Diego... Try not to get too excited!

That's it for tonight! Sorry to rush through this--I still haven't replied to all of your replies which, by the way, mean a lot. It's tough sometimes making art for people I don't see very often, (or haven't met!) I often don't get the direct feedback I would doing sales face to face out of a studio or gallery. But when I post here, I always feel encouraged and valued in my work, and that is something every artist needs! So thank you all!

However, on that note I should go, because my poor old computer is trying not to overheat on a warm Vancouver day.

Back soon with more (I promise!)
--Heather

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiG
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-16 7:09 pm   Permalink

Go Heather! Thanks for posting. G

View Profile of TikiG Send a personal message to TikiG  Email TikiG     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 08:31 am   Permalink

patiently awaiting...

Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 2:55 pm   Permalink

we will miss you at Oasis.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-17 6:06 pm   Permalink

More! More! More! Here you go!

I love how the rhinestones go on the velvet... my way of putting a little coco joe in some of my pieces. As you can tell I'm just posting this to tease you, because it doesn't show much else... but I love the colors in this one.

Did you know tiki torches grow naturally in some parts of the world?

The same work in progress I posted yesterday, but you can see the whole thing here. A few pics of the characters finished below:

The guy in the upper right hand corner of the work in progress:

The driver... hmm maybe I should have rotated this one?

And finally, a happy little butterfly riding on the front of a canoe:

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-19 4:12 pm   Permalink

AAAAAW! You're such a tease!
love the in-progress shot.
it proves you're only mortal
and can be kidnapped!

hodadhank
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-20 07:23 am   Permalink

I Got The Watts!!

http://www.spike.com/video/i-got-motts/2902728

View Profile of hodadhank Send a personal message to hodadhank      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Robb Hamel
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-08-23 1:31 pm   Permalink

I dig the closeups, you're getting such gorgeous colors!

View Profile of Robb Hamel Send a personal message to Robb Hamel  Goto the website of Robb Hamel     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation