FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
Heather Watts - Pg9 - Oasis Velvet Mini-Preview (more to come)
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 4:06 pm   Permalink

Wow! I can't believe I drifted away from here for so long again--I don't know where the time goes (well... I guess a lot of it goes into painting!) Here's a few new pics for you--three of these were at Hukilau on the weekend put on by Harold Golen Gallery: http://haroldgolengallery.com/index.php. The little hot-rodder was at a local show here in Vancouver and is sold, but I'm hoping to do another car for tiki Oasis!

I'll be posting a preview of some of my tiki oasis work here soon (should be next week sometime!)

Heather

"Speed Demon"
7" x 7" Acrylic on Black Velvet

"The Rainmaker"
5" x 7" Acrylic on Black Velvet

"The Flower-Keeper"
5" x 7" Acrylic on Black Velvet

"Living Idol"
8" x 10" Acrylic on Black Velvet

Oh yeah--and by the way, there will be one more velvet email with new paintings available before Tiki Oasis. You can sign up for the velvet list at the link my signature leads to below. The next email will be Monday, July 13--hopefully 5pm-ish pacific time.

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2009-06-15 16:10 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 6:15 pm   Permalink

Got to see your stuff at Hukilau. it always amazes me how you get the paint to jump off the velevet. My carving had the pleasure of being placed next to your paintings. I was soooo happy!!!

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 9:07 pm   Permalink

Beautiful again Heather. Awesome frames. I cant wait for Oasis.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-06-15 9:16 pm   Permalink

Very Nice...The lighting in your velvets is extraordinary!!! I love the nice glow they possess!!

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
squid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 11:08 pm   Permalink

These new ones are amazing, Heather! Speed Demon is my fave, y'know, like, just in case my birthday was coming up (which it isn't) but if it was, then you'd know what I wanted and stuff. See you at Oasis.

Ltd Edition Mugs & MORE!

Ltd Editions by Squid & Gecko

View Profile of squid Send a personal message to squid  Goto the website of squid     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-15 11:10 pm   Permalink

How do they cram so much awesomeness in such a delicate creature?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

Hi again guys & dolls!
Thanks so much for your splendid comments--I'll reply individually to them soon. I'm in a mad dash right now to take care of a bunch of other stuff, but hopefully by tomorrow I'll be back serenely painting more velvets for you to enjoy!

But without further ado, here's a preview of what I've been working on for Tiki Oasis--I've only got photos of three posted, but lots more to come over the next month or so. If you're already my Facebook Friend
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=555211882&ref=profile you might have caught these this morning already--a preview of some of my velvet paintings for Tiki Oasis! Just Click on the first picture below.

Also I FINALLY got my Etsy store open, so there is now an official online residence for "Handmade-by-Heather" tiki treasures. Here's the marketplace thread with the dets http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=32850&forum=12&1] and a few pics to start off the store in spreading some aloha spirit!

Back soon with more!

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2009-06-23 21:34 ]

View Profile of Travellin' Tiki Send a personal message to Travellin' Tiki  Email Travellin' Tiki Goto the website of Travellin' Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 9:43 pm   Permalink

Soooooooo cool Heather! Youve got mad velvet skilz.

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kupcake
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 10:09 pm   Permalink

I'm so excited to see all of your stuff at Tiki Oasis!

View Profile of Tiki Kupcake Send a personal message to Tiki Kupcake  Goto the website of Tiki Kupcake     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-23 10:22 pm   Permalink

that last blue one is IT!
it captures soooo many diff feelings and movement and aaaaaaaaaaaaa!
true art indeed!

who rocks the velvet?
you rocks the velvet!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKIVILLE
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 12:02 pm   Permalink

YIPEE!.....er' WOW!
you really are velvet !
great work!

View Profile of TIKIVILLE Send a personal message to TIKIVILLE  Email TIKIVILLE     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 9:47 pm   Permalink

BEEEEEEEEEE You Tea FULL!

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Shark Art
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-06-24 9:52 pm   Permalink

I lov da speed Demon!
K. Angel Pilago (Hawaiian Elder & my personal Yoda)
[img]http://tikiroom.com/img/5514x538c224a.jpg[

View Profile of Tiki Shark Art Send a personal message to Tiki Shark Art  Email Tiki Shark Art Goto the website of Tiki Shark Art     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Travellin' Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-07-14 7:53 pm   Permalink

Yay! Back again... emerging from a cocoon of tireless painting... thank you for your kind replies again! I will, someday (hopefully soon!!!) reply to them personally. But until then--Mahalo everyone!!!! Here are a few recent pics! Hope you like.

Dreaming (9" x 12" black velvet)

Exploring the Volcano (8" x 11" black velvet)

Earth God (5" x 7" black velvet w rhinestones)

Rain God (4" x 6" black velvet w. rhinestones)

Little Skele-Tiki (5" x 7" black velvet)

I'll be painting again after dinner, but for now I get a break to eat. Will post again soon!

[ This Message was edited by: Travellin' Tiki 2009-07-28 22:36 ]

Meheadhunter
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2009-07-14 11:14 pm   Permalink

Awesome as always...I totally dig the softness in your velvets!!
You are nailing it!!!

[ This Message was edited by: Meheadhunter 2009-07-15 09:37 ]

View Profile of Meheadhunter Send a personal message to Meheadhunter      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation