FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Music First Exotica 5.1 mix ever? Hmmmm....
First Exotica 5.1 mix ever? Hmmmm....
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-16 12:17 pm   Permalink

Ok. It's been discused so I figured I'd be the first to try it. This may be a first for exotica, the next best thing to the Tikiaki Orchestra playing on an airplane, Island Mist in 5.1 !
Here's the link:

http://www.mindshaftmusic.com/exotica_project.htm

This is a Dolby AC3 file. IT WILL NOT PLAY IN MEDIA PLAYER! Use a DVD player program. I've tested it with Cyber Link Power DVD and it plays fine! You could also burn it to a DVD and play it on a standard home thearter system (put in the audio_ts folder).

Whatcha tink mon?

Tiki Bill.

View Profile of Tiki Bill Send a personal message to Tiki Bill  Email Tiki Bill Goto the website of Tiki Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-16 4:17 pm   Permalink

Hey Bill, I'd love to listen to it, but to save me hours of Googling, can you give me a simple step-by-step for burning it to a DVD-A? I'm a technically competent person, but almost never burn DVDs, except data DVDs.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-16 5:03 pm   Permalink

It's just like making a video DVD. Just use the AC3 file instead of a WAV. Depending on your DVD recording software, you may have to include SOME kind of video. Depending on the player, you may be able to just put the AC3 file on a DVD rom and play it just like a disk with MP3 files on it. I'll convert it to a VOB file and put that up too.

Tiki Bill.

View Profile of Tiki Bill Send a personal message to Tiki Bill  Email Tiki Bill Goto the website of Tiki Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 4:56 pm   Permalink

I gave it a try, but something's not quite right. I burned it to DVD, but the surround decoder in my receiver is saying Dolby Digital Pro Logic II, so I think it's only detecting it as stereo. When I put a DVD movie in the player, the receiver shows it as just Dolby Digital and plays discreet 5.1 channels. Hmmm. Wonder if the DVD burning software hosed it up somehow.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 8:46 pm   Permalink

I used Sonic Foundry (now Sony) DVD Architect and it worked fine for me. What software are you using? Is your software making the VOB file correctly? A VOB is the same exact thing as an MPEG2 file, just a different file extention, and thats what older DVD players look for in the "video_ts" folder.

Tiki Bill.

tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 9:17 pm   Permalink

Hi Tiki Bill,

What software did you use to do your 5.1 mix, then? A Sony product? Acid, Vegas or Sound Forge?

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-18 9:26 pm   Permalink

I used Nuendo 3 to do the mix, and DVD Architect to make the VOB file and burn a disk. The VOB I made works on the computer as well.

Tiki Bill.

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation