FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
The January 5th Chop Chop is comin?
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 2:40 pm   Permalink

I won't be playing with you kids tomorrow.

If you remember Bob from the Hot Rod chop, he emailed me about attending. Can I give him directions to whoever's house?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 2:46 pm   Permalink

Folks, just got a call, my daughter just spun out on the freeway, don't know anything else, may be out as well, sorry.

Same as it ever was! (But what looms on the horizon, hmm?)

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 2:51 pm   Permalink

Meiko's house...we are set to go on stage at Mieko's house...9:30 am tomorrow.

Birdman - if your picking that clay up today, you may need to pull the blocks out of the bags and let the clay stiffen up a little. Some times it comes real soft...soft is ideal for people that like to throw on a wheel...a little stiffer feel is best for sculpting.

Got a hair dryer Meiko?

We'll miss ya Bill...baton down the hatches.

------------------------------------------

PS: Whoa....check in when you can Birdman...hope she's alright!

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-01-04 14:54 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 3:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-04 14:46, T_birdman wrote:
Folks, just got a call, my daughter just spun out on the freeway, don't know anything else, may be out as well, sorry.

I hope she's okay. Keep us posted please.

Not to sound completely mercenary, but do we need another clay source?

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 3:30 pm   Permalink

Just got info on crash, she's ok, (WHEW!) cars a mess, spun 3 times due to rain, I'm going to Laguna clay now, no worries folks! Don't worry about my driving, I'm a Proffessional!

View Profile of T_birdman Send a personal message to T_birdman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 3:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-04 15:30, T_birdman wrote:
Just got info on crash, she's ok, (WHEW!) cars a mess, spun 3 times due to rain, I'm going to Laguna clay now, no worries folks! Don't worry about my driving, I'm a Proffessional!

I was just about to run out and pick up 100 pounds of clay at my local ceramics store.

That's good news. Glad she's okay, T Bird.

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 4:17 pm   Permalink

Man, I just don't think the Karma is working for me today, I got a puff of smoke that came out of my steering column on the way over to pick up the clay, and my headlights & wipers were gone! I'm sorry, looks like I'm gonna be spending the weekend getting wet working on an electrical problem! Kate, you have just been handed the baton! Damned weather! Birdman out.

Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 4:39 pm   Permalink

I dub this the "Mission Impossible" Chop!

Where's Barbara Bain and Martin Landau?

Oops - here she is - what ya drinkin', Barb?

And having 100lbs of clay sitting around sounds like fun.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 4:47 pm   Permalink

No can do. I'm at home now, and the ceramics store was by my work. Can't get there before they close.

Just called every art supply store near my house, and no one carries clay. Called Blick's in San Diego. All they have in stock is cone 3 and cone 5-10 clay.

What now?

mieko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 5:00 pm   Permalink

I do hook knife lessons and show people how to cast my resins for me? I'd say we can still get together, but then again with the weather, I wouldn't be surprised if people decide not to get on the road.

Let's keep in touch here though, so if you decide not to come, please un-RSVP so I don't worry about you all day.

Mieko

View Profile of mieko Send a personal message to mieko  Email mieko Goto the website of mieko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
T_birdman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 5:03 pm   Permalink

Well, Blicks here in Pasadena still has the 3-5 holding for me, I can pick it up with my wifes car and someone going down can get it from my place on the way down. Does that work for anyone? Or is there no one from this area close enough? I'm real sorry for any hassle my circumstances have caused.

Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 5:13 pm   Permalink

I'm still up for masubi lessons and carving small.

Clysdalle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 6:50 pm   Permalink

I'm still in...and I'm bringing my clay stuff down. I'll also bring my new sculpture that I'm showing at the closing reception up in Costa Mesa late Saturday night...

here is a sneak peak...he's about 14" tall..."Island Hunter"

View Profile of Clysdalle Send a personal message to Clysdalle  Email Clysdalle Goto the website of Clysdalle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Babalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-04 9:29 pm   Permalink

Very Cool Sculpt Dave!! Me likie long time!

Okay, plan B...I have about 25 lbs of clay which (if Dave is bringing his own clay) should be enough to go around if everyone is going to do...say, mug size type of things.

So, we are a go for the first "Mission Impossible Mud Slinging Chop"

Schooled by the finest.....Capt. K and Master G

[ This Message was edited by: Babalu 2008-01-04 21:31 ]

View Profile of Babalu Send a personal message to Babalu  Email Babalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikithomas08
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-05 12:21 am   Permalink

kinda late on this whole thread, but i dont think i can make it either

im all hunkerd down for the storm, and got some graphic design work i need to catch up on. hope everyone has fun though!

View Profile of tikithomas08 Send a personal message to tikithomas08  Email tikithomas08 Goto the website of tikithomas08     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation