Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Blue Hawaii Moai mug
Blue Hawaii Moai mug
Quarterto3
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-21 3:24 pm   Permalink

I stumbled upon a Moai mug with "Blue Hawaii" written on the back of the mug toward the bottom. I'm not sure who the manufacturer is. I've never seen it before and wasn't sure if it came from the Blue Hawaii in Nashville or not. I searched Tiki Central, Ooga Mooga and Ebay and couldn't find any information on it. Anyone have any information on this? I didn't have a camera so I wasn't able to take a pic of it. Thanks.

View Profile of Quarterto3 Send a personal message to Quarterto3      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-21 4:03 pm   Permalink

If it's like the one on page 73 of Tiki Quest it's by OMC for the Blue Hawaii in Nashville.
-Duke

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-21 6:28 pm   Permalink

I've seen one also locally at an antique store and it has been there for sometime. I think they were asking $45.00 for it.

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
boutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-21 6:53 pm   Permalink

View Profile of boutiki Send a personal message to boutiki  Goto the website of boutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-22 06:44 am   Permalink

Hold up. There was a Blue Hawaii in Louisville, KY, one in NJ, etc., why does everyone attribute a mug that says Blue Hawaii with the one in Nashville? Is there evidence I don't have?

What I do know is that Jim Walls of the Omni Hut bought the place when it was Mahi Mahi. He was forced to close due to debts incurred by the former owners. Bank auctioned off everything. He thought his food could turn it around. I doubt he invested in special mugs at that time. But I will ask. I am also unclear when it changed from Mahi Mahi to Blue Hawaii. I am just unconvinced about these mugs coming from Nashville. You'd think I would own a few living here in TN and traveling to Nashville regularly.

I may be over there in the next few weeks and I'll see if I can talk to Jim and his sons and see if any recall these details.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation