FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show off your Rattan!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Show off your Rattan!
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-21 10:15 pm   Permalink

Often when there is a question or posting about rattan it seems there are many helpful answers from TC members with great rattan sets.
It would be great to see the pix in a thread!

Please post your vintage rattan pix and stories, anything colonial, machine age, deco, Frankl, 1970's, to reproductions.

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-21 10:28 pm   Permalink

On loan from the "Tiki Trav Not So Fine Furniture Gallery!"

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
irishf
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-25 4:57 pm   Permalink

Purchased this recently. Still looking for a mate. I learned from a book that Tiki Skip recommended that rattan is a climbing palm and it's outer covering is natural silicone. Doesn't need painting or treatment.

View Profile of irishf Send a personal message to irishf      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Al-ii
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 2:11 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Al-ii Send a personal message to Al-ii  Email Al-ii     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-27 5:16 pm   Permalink

Al,

Was that bottle of Beam sitting under your Christmas in the photo above a bribe for Santa?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-27 5:39 pm   Permalink

I found this rattan set in Quakertown PA with a hideaous "country" upholstery, I invested in some quality barkcloth from Hawaii and commissioned the skills of Velveteen Lounge to work her magic. The next week I found the big high back chair at a yard sale for $10 and had a round cushion made for it to match the rest.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-10 10:04 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:38 ]

View Profile of BlackFish Send a personal message to BlackFish      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 11:56 am   Permalink

Here's my couple of pieces. Man! those bright lights for pic taking sure do kill the mood. Two Calif-Asia lounge chairs and a fish trap I think might be PNG but I could be wrong on that. Thanks

[ This Message was edited by: uncle trav 2008-01-11 12:56 ]

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sneakytiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 2:47 pm   Permalink

Blackfish,
WOW!!!!!!
Great rattan! Nice sets, accessories, volume....

NICE!

Uncle trav,
Swank!

[ This Message was edited by: Sneakytiki 2008-01-11 14:49 ]

View Profile of Sneakytiki Send a personal message to Sneakytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 5:47 pm   Permalink

Hey, Blackfish! Do you need a roommate?

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 6:04 pm   Permalink

Awesome stuff!

I wanted to slip in the difference between Bamboo and Rattan. Most of the "general public" don't know. Always calling Rattan, Bamboo. ( drives me nuts )

This is a Bamboo couch. Big diameters. Usually 4" and bigger. Hollow interior with pronounced nodes ( knots). From the Grass family. Does not bend when dry.

Rattan usually is 1.5" or smaller. Solid. A vine from the wood family. Bends easy when wet and a little harder when dry.

MAhalo for letting me vent. On with the Rattan show!

Bamboo Ben Custom Tropical Decor!
I build stuff for you!
Google search me and see!

edited for that darn #6 in the pic!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-01-11 18:05 ]

[ This Message was edited by: RevBambooBen 2008-01-11 18:12 ]

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BlackFish
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-20 10:28 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: BlackFish 2009-09-08 04:41 ]

View Profile of BlackFish Send a personal message to BlackFish      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderPeg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-20 2:21 pm   Permalink

Blackfish, it's all wonderful but that fan-arm living room set is so beautiful it made me want to cry.

View Profile of TraderPeg Send a personal message to TraderPeg      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-20 2:41 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-10 22:04, BlackFish wrote:
Living Room.
A beautiful 1938 Fan Arm set.
Sometimes called Clam Shell.

Couldn't you just see Kate reclining on your couch? Here she is doing a nice impersonation of your Clam Shell set.

And I agree with Peg. That set is spectacular. So you live on the Emerald Coast huh? Whereabouts? And when will cocktails be ready?

[ This Message was edited by: GatorRob 2008-01-20 14:47 ]

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-20 3:05 pm   Permalink

ooooh...I am jealous jealous jealous.

Al & Blackfish, those are some swank pads ya got there. I'm not worthy...I'm not worthy!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation