FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show off your Rattan!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Show off your Rattan!
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-18 11:28 pm   Permalink

Murph love your set! super jealous!!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-19 10:53 pm   Permalink

ok so picked up the set today...and here are 2 pics..1 without flash and 1 with. Let me just say that I have wanted this type of rattan for so long that now that I have it I realize I need to replace my coffee table...get some rattan end tables..relace my barrel lampshade on my panther lamp...etc...good lord let the thrifting commence!

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Murph
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2010-07-20 12:21 am   Permalink

Leleliz your set looks great.

View Profile of Murph Send a personal message to Murph  Email Murph     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 04:58 am   Permalink

I am going to have to make a point to visit you next time I am in or around your part of town. That looks absolutely amazing! Great score and youi should be proud of the finished look. BTW, I like you coffee table too!

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 10:20 am   Permalink

Thanks Murph and Duane

Murph your set still is the best one on this thread. I love the pull out bed and the finish looks so pretty.

Duane...you are more than welcome to come anytime you are around these parts. I wish the coffee table was a bit smaller but it will do for now.

Kamaina Kraig
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 10:41 am   Permalink

I love your shelves over the sofa!!!!

View Profile of Kamaina Kraig Send a personal message to Kamaina Kraig  Email Kamaina Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 11:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-07-20 10:41, Kamaina Kraig wrote:
I love your shelves over the sofa!!!!

Thanks Kraig I got them off Ebay for only $50 !

Paipo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-07-20 4:54 pm   Permalink

Finally...very surprised to find this in the town I live in!

Quite an epic saga involved in procuring this treasure in the end...and now a lot of work ahead of me. I have found some amazing pieces of furniture lately, but old stuff in this town is pretty much always badly damaged from neglect...

I'm thinking of pilfering some of the trim from the back side to refinish the edge of the bar top:

First step: pulling this godawful check fabric off the stools:

What was underneath - worst tropical print fabric EVER!

I will probably use the green tapa barkcloth on the bar in the above pics to recover these.

Anybody got any experience of repairing these bars or replacing the trim and binding on rattan furniture? I see 1961surf had a bar restoration thread but it never progressed much beyond the sanding/refinishing stage.

I am thinking I may have to find a sacrificial specimen to cannibalise for materials. You need to soak or steam the stuff before wrapping it, correct?

Any advice or tips appreciated!

View Profile of Paipo Send a personal message to Paipo  Goto the website of Paipo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 2:29 pm   Permalink

With help from Trad'r Bill and Psycho Tiki D we have added this awesome bar to our collection today :

Super excited to say the least esp after seeing this thread and how rare this style is :

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=40265&forum=12

Thanks again to you both!

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Psycho Tiki D
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-18 5:13 pm   Permalink

Although the bar in the thread you posted is nice, I really like the one you bought today.

I could take pictures and post them but that is for you and your room mate to do SandraDee. Congratulations!

The people who sold this were extremely nice and helpful.

Gotta love this style!

Later,

PTD

View Profile of Psycho Tiki D Send a personal message to Psycho Tiki D  Email Psycho Tiki D     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-09-19 1:07 pm   Permalink

Fantastic SandraDee! I was unaware of boomerang shaped bars.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
1961surf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-10-13 8:17 pm   Permalink

Picked this vintage horizontal stacked rattan bar up last weekend .Had to drive a long way to pick it up ,however
I think it was worth the trip! Rare twist bar stools that rotate -with original cushions .Needs some minor finish
work on the rattan facia ,so I will probably hand sand all the original varnish off by hand , then shot two fresh
coats of Zspar yacht varnish ..... wet sanding in between coats for an ultra finish.

View Profile of 1961surf Send a personal message to 1961surf  Email 1961surf Goto the website of 1961surf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pixel Girl

Posted: 2011-10-14 11:41 am   Permalink

Hello,

know anyone who would want to buy this off me? the whole set the bar already sold

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41565038@N00/6244349968/in/photostream

I am in San Diego

Joy
ebaypimp2000@yahoo.com

View Profile of Pixel Girl Send a personal message to Pixel Girl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pixel Girl

Posted: 2011-10-14 11:43 am   Permalink

Hello,

know anyone who would want to buy this off me? the whole set the bar already sold

http://www.flickr.com/photos/41565038@N00/6244349968/in/photostream

I am in San Diego come get it soon or it goes away forever.

Later Rad People

Joy ebaypimp2000@yahoo.com

View Profile of Pixel Girl Send a personal message to Pixel Girl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2011-10-14 1:23 pm   Permalink

These are old pictures of my bar and shelves I purchased for total of $120 about twenty years ago.

The booze is now stored in that reproduction cabinet behind the bar.

I keep my glassware on these two shelves.

I love all the banded sets that have been posted!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation