FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Collecting Tiki Show off your Rattan!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Show off your Rattan!
Sabu The Coconut Boy
Tiki Central Poet Laureate

Posted: 2009-01-22 7:11 pm   Permalink

TikiPops - I have no idea where your chairs come from either but I really like them. They're going to look fantastic when you get the seat cushions.

Here's my submission. Where I would have liked to shop for Rattan:

View Profile of Sabu The Coconut Boy Send a personal message to Sabu The Coconut Boy  Email Sabu The Coconut Boy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-22 7:29 pm   Permalink

That bar a page back looks familar:
before:

after:

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pyro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-22 10:04 pm   Permalink

wow, never seen anyone with my bar before. That looks great!

View Profile of Pyro Send a personal message to Pyro  Email Pyro Goto the website of Pyro     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki*david*tiki

Posted: 2009-01-23 10:41 am   Permalink

Here is a set I picked up yesterday off craigslist. The guy I bought it from purchased it in the Philippians back in 1950; the set overall is in excellent shape!

This bar was purchased off of ebay

This is a 3 band pretzel frankl set i purchased off craigslist

Just a few pics more to come as i refinish and reupholster.

View Profile of tiki*david*tiki Send a personal message to tiki*david*tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-24 09:21 am   Permalink

tiki David tiki

NICE set think I saw this also on Craig's List.
Assume you paid some serious $$ for the rattan
furniture grouping?

Was the bar a local Ebay pickup or did you have it
delivered. Majority of those items when they are
listed are always local pickup?

Mahalo,

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki*david*tiki

Posted: 2009-01-24 8:48 pm   Permalink

Hey Thortiki,

I actually got that set for a steal! The asking price was $3,000.00 and considering the shape and band count it was well deserved. I watched the set on craigslist for about a month before offering the seller $1,000.00 after several rounds of negotiation I ended up purchasing it for $1,100.00

As for the bar, I bought it from a seller in San Diego CA. The buy it now price was $400.00 which included the shipping cost. When I picked it up from the arrival destination the shipping receipt totaled $250.00 dollars which meant I bought it for $150.00 and paid %250.00 for shipping. The secrete when buying non-locally is to find products that include shipping.

This frankl 6 band couch is located in Silver Spring on ebay, you should check it out!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mid-Century-Modern-Paul-Frankl-Rattan-Sofa_W0QQitemZ350101219008QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAntiques_Furniture?hash=item350101219008&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

This couch has been listed several times on ebay, which means they have not had any luck selling it, you should try and contact them locally and negotiate the price

David

[ This Message was edited by: tiki*david*tiki 2009-01-24 20:51 ]

View Profile of tiki*david*tiki Send a personal message to tiki*david*tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-25 06:32 am   Permalink

tiki David tiki RATTAN

David, you really SCORED on that set,
you furnished your Tiki room @ $1,500.00
WOW!

Some pics of early 1940's chairs, loveseat
& ottoman's we got on Balt. Craig's List
last month!

Thortiki

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-01-25 07:51 am   Permalink

WOW! Nice stuff, guys. You're making me very jealous. It seems like everytime I find a complete set, some design genius has painted it a nice pastel color & ruined it, like the awful 80's makeovers the polynesian restaurants got around here. I'll keep looking & when I do find my set, I'll be posting it right away.

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2009-01-25 07:52 ]

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tiki*david*tiki

Posted: 2009-01-25 09:00 am   Permalink

Hey Thortiki and Big Kahuna

Thanks for the love.

Thortiki - I love the pink cushions, they rock!!!!!

Big Kahuna - A good trick I have used in the past looking is to search craigslist globally. You can go to google for example and type in frankl rattan and craigslist and should get some good results. If you find a good deal shipping it will be no issue.

David

BigRedTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2009-01-25 4:36 pm   Permalink

My new couch and coffee table for the basement... I bought the couch new on closeout for $500, the coffee table for $12 at a thrift store...

View Profile of BigRedTiki Send a personal message to BigRedTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-28 11:58 am   Permalink

SO I just completely scored on Craigslist!!!!

I just bought this 3 band pretzel chair for $15.00!!!!!!!!

I can not believe it.

The chair is in brand new condition---just need to wash it down---but it is sturdy and there is not a chip or crack or anything wrong with it.

The cushions need to be replaced...but I have some atomic printed barkcloth for that and will start looking around for someone to assist me since I know nada about sewing.

But regardless $15.00!! I am so beyond stoked.

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-02-28 6:04 pm   Permalink

Nice score! OK, that does it! I've got to start surfing Craig's list! Just what I need, a new way to accumulate stuff!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 02:36 am   Permalink

Liz, that chair rocks! I'm mean it's a really nice chair. Does it actually rock?

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leleliz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 08:41 am   Permalink

Thanks BK and BB. Nah it doesn't rock

View Profile of leleliz Send a personal message to leleliz      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
croe67
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2009-03-03 09:20 am   Permalink

I've got this set that I got as an xmas surprise this year - needs some re-habbing, for sure.

In fact, the cushions on the chair have turned into SOLID material - some sort of petrified foam at this point.
Most of it is still my grandmother's basement for now.

There's also a 2-tiered corner table that goes with the amoeba table that I don't have a picture of.
The tables & Chair say "?Ritts co "Tropitan". I haven't found a brand on the couch, yet, but haven't had a chance to look real hard, either.

View Profile of croe67 Send a personal message to croe67  Email croe67     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation