FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » New York City TC ohana hang? Mr. Ho visiting and wants to !
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
New York City TC ohana hang? Mr. Ho visiting and wants to !
Looie Kalua
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-25 07:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-24 11:12, leisure master wrote:
We will have to settle for tequila drinks and field mai tais while in Mexico.

Yeah, I hate that when I have to settle for stuff while in Mexico.

View Profile of Looie Kalua Send a personal message to Looie Kalua      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 07:52 am   Permalink

I think it's time to make a firm location for Thursday, the 27th- Shun Lee's at Columbus and 65th at 6:30. I think we should also plan on Otto's for Friday.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 08:25 am   Permalink

I would plan to attend..

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 12:01 pm   Permalink

Jen and I will be there! We're going to test out these other zombie establishments - she knows owners at both places. when you say zombie, do you mean the real 1934 bum-discovered zombie? i plan to post photos of my quest for the nyc zombie on TC

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 1:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-26 12:01, Mr. Ho wrote:
Jen and I will be there! We're going to test out these other zombie establishments - she knows owners at both places. when you say zombie, do you mean the real 1934 bum-discovered zombie? i plan to post photos of my quest for the nyc zombie on TC

Maybe we can hop in cabs at Shun Lees and give one or both of these other places a try later in the evening.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 3:52 pm   Permalink

Dang, we're still, for the most part, out of the city this week. Sorry we'll miss everyone--we'll plan to make it to Otto's on January 7.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-26 7:18 pm   Permalink

David and I will be at Shun Lee Thursday around 6:30.
I just phoned and verified that they will not be closed for a private party.

We plan on attending Otto's too on Friday. Now I don't have to work Fri as
originally scheduled. What time were people thinking of going?

Aloha! Kiki

[ This Message was edited by: KikiTiki 2007-12-26 19:19 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KikiTiki 2007-12-26 19:30 ]

[ This Message was edited by: KikiTiki 2007-12-27 14:08 ]

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 09:06 am   Permalink

Happy holidays, everybody!

I just got back from a family Christmas celebration and plan to join you at Shun Lee's, but may be there later than 6:30 - maybe more like 7:30.

See you then!

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 09:14 am   Permalink

Hey everyone

Not to toot my own too loudly but , if anyone is interested - i can bring some WAITIKI CDs along with me (both are $10/each). I also have a few copies of our vinyl pressing of RIO available (limited edition release!) Those are 20$. probably wont bring those unless somebody asks for one.
brian@waitiki.com or reply here if you are interested and I'll save you a copy! Support your local exotica artists!

http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiDeke
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2007-12-27 10:04 am   Permalink

Hey everyone,

Would love to be there tonight, but sadly we are locked into a long-planned excursion to western NJ to attend another annual holiday gathering.

Best regards to Mr. Ho, and to all the NYC ohana with whom I enjoyed raising Trader Vic's glassware at UrbanTiki's gathering a couple of weeks ago - and belated thanks to Ray for hosting the event! It was a great pleasure to meet everyone, and I hope that I'll be able to join you all soon, this time with wife Margie too.

Happy holidays all!

-Dennis

View Profile of TikiDeke Send a personal message to TikiDeke  Email TikiDeke Goto the website of TikiDeke     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 10:51 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-27 09:14, Mr. Ho wrote:
Hey everyone

Not to toot my own too loudly but , if anyone is interested - i can bring some WAITIKI CDs along with me (both are $10/each). I also have a few copies of our vinyl pressing of RIO available (limited edition release!) Those are 20$. probably wont bring those unless somebody asks for one. brian@waitiki.com or reply here if you are interested and I'll save you a copy! Support your local exotica artists!

Excellent! If you can bring the vinyl I'll buy that, too.

Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 10:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-27 10:04, TikiDeke wrote:
Hey everyone,

Would love to be there tonight, but sadly we are locked into a long-planned excursion to western NJ to attend another annual holiday gathering.

Best regards to Mr. Ho, and to all the NYC ohana with whom I enjoyed raising Trader Vic's glassware at UrbanTiki's gathering a couple of weeks ago - and belated thanks to Ray for hosting the event! It was a great pleasure to meet everyone, and I hope that I'll be able to join you all soon, this time with wife Margie too.

Happy holidays all!

-Dennis

It was great meeting you, and we're sorry you can't make it. We look forward to meeting Margie soon.

[ This Message was edited by: Urban Tiki 2007-12-27 12:30 ]

velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 10:56 am   Permalink

The Velveteen Lounge highly recommends the vinyl WAITIKI offering!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 11:28 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-27 10:56, velveteenlounge wrote:
The Velveteen Lounge highly recommends the vinyl WAITIKI offering!

As do I, but you should have the CD also! There are additional tracks.

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-27 12:28 pm   Permalink

its 3:30 p NY time - I'll be there tonight - if Brian sees this I'll grab a cd from him for the askin price - no vinyl though thanks

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation