Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Expensive Articles
Expensive Articles
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 7:24 pm   Permalink

Salon has great articles. But any idiot can tell you you don't need $100,000/month office space to run a website. They've spent $81,000,000 dollars. That's some expensive writing.
I hope all the writers resign and form a new publication with reasonable overhead.

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kahukini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-14 7:24 pm   Permalink

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/business/5184585.htm

View Profile of kahukini Send a personal message to kahukini  Goto the website of kahukini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hanford_lemoore
Proprietor

Posted: 2003-02-15 12:42 am   Permalink

Salon was the website that first broke the Monica Lewinski / Clinton affair, correct?

View Profile of hanford_lemoore Send a personal message to hanford_lemoore  Email hanford_lemoore Goto the website of hanford_lemoore     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trader Woody
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-15 5:15 pm   Permalink

I thought that was Drudgereport, but it's a 57% chance that I'm wrong. Salon seems at least to pay for it's writers, which must be a reason by my favourite political writer, Christopher Hitchens has just joined them after leaving 'The Nation'. They don't appear to have any idea about how they are going to make their money back, though!

Trader Woody

View Profile of Trader Woody Send a personal message to Trader Woody  Email Trader Woody     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Turbogod
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-02-15 7:06 pm   Permalink

It was the DrudgeReport that broke it first. I remember that it was the first time I had heard of the DrudgeReport and everyone thought the story was so outrageous, there was no way it couldn't have happened!

View Profile of Turbogod Send a personal message to Turbogod      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation