FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » NY area: King Yum or Jade Island trips in Jan.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
NY area: King Yum or Jade Island trips in Jan.
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 3:16 pm   Permalink

Here is Jade Island photos and link:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19003&forum=4&hilite=jade%20island

I drove there - but I'm told ferry to cab is the best way to go from lower Manhattan - last I heard the ferry was still free and a cab split by 4 people can't be too much.

I'd be into going not sure what weekend fits - but MLK weekend is one that was mentioned.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
sneakyjack
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 3:19 pm   Permalink

King yum is subway or cab or car service - able -
I drove here too!

Karaoke is a must here are some pics... With Jimmy / Owner singing
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=11818&forum=2&hilite=king%20yum

Let me know see you at ottos for Jan 9th.

View Profile of sneakyjack Send a personal message to sneakyjack      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 4:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-30 15:16, sneakyjack wrote:

I drove there - but I'm told ferry to cab is the best way to go from lower Manhattan - last I heard the ferry was still free and a cab split by 4 people can't be too much.

Yes, the ferry is still free and it is a fun start to the journey. The cab ride isn't all that long--certainly a lot quicker than the bus!

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 5:44 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-30 15:16, sneakyjack wrote:
Here is Jade Island photos and link:
http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=19003&forum=4&hilite=jade%20island

I'd be into going not sure what weekend fits - but MLK weekend is one that was mentioned.

King yum is subway or cab or car service - able - I drove here too!

Karaoke is a must here are some pics... With Jimmy

I visited Jade Island about 10 years ago and loved it. I drove though, and got lost. The idea of a ferry to a cab sounds ideal and if it works, should become a really great regular excursion for the NYC contingent.

King Yum looks good too.

Well, crap, I guess we have to do them both, no?

Seeing these photos inspired me to make a mai tai!

Thanks and Cheers!(and Happy New Year!)

Jack

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 06:23 am   Permalink

Mary and I are up for either or both.

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 08:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-29 12:40, KikiTiki wrote:
A miracle has happened and I actually have my work schedules in advance.
Wanted to see if any of these dates worked for people and/or which place
they'd like to journey with us. By the way, David's new tiki name is Fang!

dinner at King Yum, Queens or Jade Island, Staten Island?
possible dates for us:

Sun. 1/13,
Fri, Sat 1/18 or 1/19
Sun 1/20

P.S. You are also all invited pre-Fisherman Band on Jan. 7
Monday, 6pm for a bite to eat at our place. Fisherman's
last free show at Otto's Shrunken Head that night around 9pm.

Kiki - thanks for starting this thread. Nicole and I are around for the 7th and would love to come by and I guess we will have to suck it up for the late Monday night Fisherman show since it is the last one for a while.

Sounds like lots of other things are being kicked around too. For those other dates, we can't do the 13th, but we are available for any excursions "off the island" on the other days.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 4:30 pm   Permalink

I guess I should have phrased it AND/OR King yum and Jade Island
Sounds like there is interest in both.

When I hear from everyone I'll try to tally up responses....

Oh, and by the way, Happy New Year!

Fang with tiki Xmas gift from family friend.

[ This Message was edited by: KikiTiki 2007-12-31 17:11 ]

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-01 07:00 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-31 16:30, KikiTiki wrote:

Fang with tiki Xmas gift from family friend.

Fabulous! Happy New Year to all!

CaptainQuad and I are up for both Jade Island and King Yum and both of those weekends work for us.

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-01 1:57 pm   Permalink

Saturday the 19th is best for me and we could make a whole day out of it and hit both, one for lunch the other for dinner.

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-01 4:36 pm   Permalink

I propose a Friday night trip to King Yum in Queens on 1/18 when they have the karaoke.

[ This Message was edited by: KikiTiki 2008-01-12 21:56 ]

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 05:52 am   Permalink

I'll take the baton and run with it from here Kiki- no need to stress. I think Friday the 18th would be good for King Yum, and I think Sunday the 20th for lunch, would be good for Jade Island. Who is up for those dates?

View Profile of Urban Tiki Send a personal message to Urban Tiki  Email Urban Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 5:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-02 05:52, Urban Tiki wrote:
I think Friday the 18th would be good for King Yum, and I think Sunday the 20th for lunch, would be good for Jade Island. Who is up for those dates?

Those dates work fine for us.

Mr. Ho
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-02 9:48 pm   Permalink

Okonkuluku!

Tabuzak and I, and my lady, will be at Jade Island on 1/13 either for lunch or early dinner probably. Time is not TBD. We have our own transportation lined up probably but if folks want to meet us there, feel free to email me at
brian@waitiki.com for my cell and we can meet up. I'd love to meet any TC NYC ohana who would like to come, esp those who trekked out to Shun lee's this last week who I missed due to multiple polynesian paradises in midtown!

Also, as an fyi - the google maps location for King Yums is WRONG. you need to map 181st and Union Turnpike , 11366 to get the right location. Closed at 11pm ; we made it at 1022pm last night and had enough for a couple drinks and grub and we had to get booted!

http://orchestrotica.com/ ••• New album Nov. 2013

View Profile of Mr. Ho Send a personal message to Mr. Ho  Email Mr. Ho Goto the website of Mr. Ho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kollektor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 08:05 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-02 05:52, Urban Tiki wrote:
I think Friday the 18th would be good for King Yum, and I think Sunday the 20th for lunch, would be good for Jade Island. Who is up for those dates?

Me. and Fisherman on the 7th too.

Happy New Year All!

View Profile of Tiki Kollektor Send a personal message to Tiki Kollektor  Goto the website of Tiki Kollektor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Urban Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-03 1:33 pm   Permalink

Okay, so Jade Island on 13th, and King Yum on the 18th.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation