[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Drinks based on TC folk
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Drinks based on TC folk
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 7:50 pm   Permalink

I'm going to create a drink called the KukuAhu.
It will have some bitters and a sour essence in it.

I'm also going to create one called The Lake Surfer.
It will be earthy. Maybe a cedar stick to stir it with or something.

I'll create these within the next few weeks.

I could go on but I think it would be fun to get some others in on this.

Each of us that use this forum could create a drink based on someone else's TC name and personality... so you need to be familiar with the person on whom you wish to base your drink.

Come on, this could be fun and could generate some killer drinks.
Or at least drinks that could kill.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-30 7:55 pm   Permalink

I'm game, this sounds like fun!

I'll make a Pablus and it will have Fresh Mint. Or should I say FRESH MINT!

I'll make a Formikahine, it will be tall and easy on the eyes but will not let your liver get away with it.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 05:25 am   Permalink

I made a Humuhumu. I'd show it to you, but it's missing. <Badabum>

Okay, I'll make a TikiBree. It's an attractive looking drink and somewhat on the sweet side.

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bb moondog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 05:57 am   Permalink

I will concoct a WILDSVILLE and it will contain CHEESE & STALE BREAD somehow...

View Profile of bb moondog Send a personal message to bb moondog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 06:02 am   Permalink

And Bacardi, of course!!

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Scottes
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 06:03 am   Permalink

I started working on the recipe for a Chip And Andy, but it tasted surprisingly like a Mai Tai...

View Profile of Scottes Send a personal message to Scottes  Goto the website of Scottes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-31 08:53 am   Permalink

Ingredients:

3 oz W&N White Overproof
1 oz Kahlua
2 oz light cream
1½ oz guanabana nectar (Goya or other)
1 oz soft soy bean curd
1 oz Aunty Lilikoi Passion fruit syrup (or other RED passion fruit syrup)
½ oz Coco López coconut cream (or similar)
½ oz rock candy syrup
1 Persian lime (or two Key limes)
1 tbs fresh lime zest
10 drops Ginkgo Biloba extract
10 drops of Korean Ginseng extract
3 drops orange flower water
2 drops rose water
1 cup shaved ice

Preparation:

Mix the lime zest into the passion fruit syrup and let sit for a couple of days.

Strain the zest from the syrup (discard the used zest) then blend syrup with ½ oz of the cream and 1 oz of the white overproof rum, then set aside.

Blend the Bean Curd, Kahlua, Ginkgo, and Ginseng until smooth and set aside.

Combine in a shaker the remaining 1½ oz of the light cream with the remaining 2 oz of white overproof rum along with the lime juice, guabanabana nectar, rock candy syrup, coconut cream, rose water, and shaved ice—shaking until the ice has all melted; then pour into a 23½ oz hurricane glass until it is ¾ full.

Next, using a large funnel if necessary, pour the bean curd blend down into the center of the first blend so that little, if any, of the liquid reaches the sides of the glass.

Layer the passion fruit blend on top to fill the glass.

Serve with a bendy straw and garnish with a plumeria or hibiscus blossom with the orange flower water sprinkled on it.

This drink has a tropical outside, an inside of bean curd and java, and a pretty reddish top. It contains ingredients that enhance one's mental and physical acuities.

I call this drink Haole'akamai.

Maybe I'll even make one myself one of these days.

UPDATE 01-02-2008

As previously noted, I haven't actually made one of these yet. When I do, I will certainly be modifying the recipe. Right now I can already see a few modifications coming.

First off, there are several quantities that I think will need adjustment. This is starting to look like it will need another jigger of W&N WO for a total of 4½ oz. Hey, it's a tall, smooth, creamy drink with lots of complexity (two vertical layers and one horizontal), plus it's a drink that completely contains another drink.

Second, I'm out of Aunty Lilikoi PF syrup, so until I replenish my stock, I'll be using my standard homemade yellow PF syrup and adding pomegranate concentrate for color. But I really should be adding it for flavor as well, so even when my AL PFS arrives, I'll have a pomegranate component in Haole'akamai's red topping. The addition of pomegranate will assist in keeping the topping as red as possible in spite of the cream it contains.

Next, there is clearly not enough Ginkgo and Ginseng. I'll be doubling the quantities to 20 drops of each. Further, instead of mixing it all into the Tofu Joe core of the drink, I'll be mixing all of the Ginkgo in with the PFS before blending the red topping and mixing all of the Ginseng in with the Kahlua before blending the Tofu Joe. I'll be doubling the quantity of the Kahlua, a good hiding place for the Ginseng which is rather 'earthy' in flavor. The Ginseng in the Tofu Joe and the Ginkgo in the Red Topping have a nice Ying and Yang arrangement. I didn't mention Tofu Joe intially to see if anyone could figure out why the Haole'akamai had a core of soy bean curd (tofu) and coffee (joe).

Another probable modification is inserting the Tofu Joe into the core of the drink. I'm anticipating the need to use a turkey baster with the bulb removed to insert down to the bottom of the drink. Then, using the funnel, I'll fill the baster and remove slowly allowing the Tofu Joe to create a decent core without spreading in the drink or causing a pool at the top.

In case people haven't tried guanabana (one of my favorite fruits from South America), the fruit is white with big black seeds (even better for spitting than watermelon seeds). My intention for using light cream is to keep the drink as white as possible, but if the cream causes the drink to solidify too much when shaken with the shaved ice, I'll step that down to whole milk first, then go onto skim if absolutely necessary. The white guanabana outer layer should have a Smoothiesque consistency, but not that of a milk shake.

I don't have any hurricane glasses right now and have no plans to get any in the near future. I also don't have access right now to any plumeria or hibiscus blossoms. I should have also included orchid blossoms as equally suitable. When I make mine, it will be without garnish in my usual 15 oz Mai Tai glass.

[ This Message was edited by: The Gnomon 2008-01-02 11:43 ]

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Suffering Bastard of Stumptown
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 09:05 am   Permalink

i've been thinking of doing something for me up here either called the Suffering Acadian or the Acadian Bastard.

It would be reminiscent of the Suffering Bastard but would need to incorporate Screech and Moxie.

I'd use the more classic recipe with Gin and Bourbon, not the rum, rum and rum version. I'm thinking I would replace the bourbon with the Screech, and half of the ginger ale with Moxie.

..sb

View Profile of Suffering Bastard of Stumptown Send a personal message to Suffering Bastard of Stumptown      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 10:38 am   Permalink

I give you.....

The Pablus
    aka The Kahiki Moon

• 3 oz Tangerine Juice
  • 2 1/2 oz Barbancourt 15 Year
  • 1 oz Lime
  • 1 oz Maraschino Liqueur

Build in a chimney glass full of crushed ice and stir hard. Carefully pour a small dash of Grenadine (or cherry juice, it just needs to be red) in the center. Garnish with fresh mint and a straw.

It size will make all the Wahines swoon. And after a couple you too will want to dance by the light of the Kahiki Moon.

(I hope it is tart enough for you Pablus....)

[ This Message was edited by: Chip and Andy 2007-12-31 10:44 ]

[ This Message was edited by: chip and andy 2007-12-31 12:33 ]

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2007-12-31 11:01 am   Permalink

Is anyone going to make a GROG? Oh wait a minute.........

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 11:14 am   Permalink

Don't know about actual recipes, but the hyperbole..

The Tiki Bong would be a drink you would swear off of over and over as it leaves a horrible after-taste, but, it is yet so strangley good you keep making it over and over again.

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mai Tai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 4:10 pm   Permalink

I'm going to sit in the corner with Grog, and lament that there is no drink named after me.

View Profile of Mai Tai Send a personal message to Mai Tai  Email Mai Tai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kaimuki
Grand Member (4 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-31 4:56 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-31 05:57, bb moondog wrote:
I will concoct a WILDSVILLE and it will contain CHEESE & STALE BREAD somehow...

Too funny! The stale bread could be blended with Bacardi and ice. The cheese can be cubed and skewered on a toothpick with a freaky tiki flag flying. Mmmm...

View Profile of Tiki Kaimuki Send a personal message to Tiki Kaimuki  Email Tiki Kaimuki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiphipahula
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-12-31 6:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-12-31 11:14, Swanky wrote:
Don't know about actual recipes, but the hyperbole..

The Tiki Bong would be a drink you would swear off of over and over as it leaves a horrible after-taste, but, it is yet so strangley good you keep making it over and over again.

I'm workin' on a Drink Named "Tiki Daze" What a great name for a drink & a long time needed Calendar! Fantastic Job there Swanky!
This Bomb of a Cocktail will have 12 ingredients in it. Stay Tuned

If you didn't buy a Calendar do so! Come the Morning you will need it Happy New year!

[ This Message was edited by: Hiphipahula 2007-12-31 18:26 ]

View Profile of Hiphipahula Send a personal message to Hiphipahula  Email Hiphipahula Goto the website of Hiphipahula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-12-31 8:34 pm   Permalink

Working on the LLT.

Some ingredients will be Absinthe, Red Bull, Mary Jane 420, Peroxide, Napalm, Paint Pens....etc.

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation