FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Seagoat's pieces *update 8/13/14-new swordfish bill p.5
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Seagoat's pieces *update 8/13/14-new swordfish bill p.5
seeksurf
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-30 10:45 pm   Permalink

I like the tatts highlight.

View Profile of seeksurf Send a personal message to seeksurf  Email seeksurf Goto the website of seeksurf     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benzart
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-03-31 05:36 am   Permalink

Your Moai is WAY Excellent. You had a Good eye to see him in that disfigured piece of beautiful wood He is Incredible!

And your Tang Cracks me up,, cool he is too and the Tats are Very nice, barely noticeable and they sneak up on you then pounce on you. COOL

View Profile of Benzart Send a personal message to Benzart  Email Benzart     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-04-05 1:06 pm   Permalink

Seeksurf and Benzart, thanks for the comments. Here is the latest and final. I gave him another coat of stain to even the blotching out and then gave it a few coats of a protective topcoat. The stuff really soaked in along all of the end cut areas so I had to go over those a few times. Decided to go ahead with the black tattoos as well. Here are the flash and no flash photos. Done with this guy, on to something else.

Thanks for lookin'.

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-12-06 12:53 pm   Permalink

Hello,

We'll here is my latest carving. I've done some other things since my last update in April, just not tiki stuff. Anyway, tried a Marquesan style. Here are a few progress shots and mostly done with stain. There are some arm and chest 'tattoo's that are kind of hard to see in these. Might fill them in with black like the last one. I'll probably put a protective coat on later in the week like I did with the Tang.

View Profile of seagoat Send a personal message to seagoat      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2011-07-12 1:36 pm   Permalink

Nice Tangaroan and Marquesan tikis. GROG like.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-15 11:39 am   Permalink

Thanks Grog.

Finally time for another update. Took a little time off before finishing up this Lono due to moving. Finally found time to finish off the detailing and staining. Here are a number of progress pics and then the finished piece. Same routine as the last two, roughed it out with chisels and then worked on the fine tuning and detailing with the dremel.

Pretty happy with it overall. Did one coat of the light stain and then one coat of dark stain over that to make the coloration a little different than the other two. Covered it with the poly and then did a layer of natural stain on top of that to smooth out any discoloration from the poly. Need to figure out how to make the arms a bit beefier and probably spend more time working on the details of the hands and feet. Not sure what my next project will be.

Thanks for looking.

NIxxon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-15 2:41 pm   Permalink

This is the first time I have seen your thread...all three of those look fantastic! Great work, awesome detail, and the finishes look great as well.

View Profile of NIxxon Send a personal message to NIxxon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Creative Chimp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 05:05 am   Permalink

WOW!!!! very nice...i love all three........the marq is my favorite

View Profile of Creative Chimp Send a personal message to Creative Chimp      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 05:56 am   Permalink

good stuff man!

Digging the lono....

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-16 4:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks guys, appreciate it.

Cheers.

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 10:27 am   Permalink

That Lono is the bomb. Whats next?

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Watango productions
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-17 1:42 pm   Permalink

Hey Seagoat,fantastic stuff with these last three, cant pick a fav but I really dig the cracking on the marq
gives him an old world feel.Cheers Watango

View Profile of Watango productions Send a personal message to Watango productions  Email Watango productions     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
seagoat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 12:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Aloha and Watango. Not sure what's next. Maybe some non-tiki ideas I have depending on the wood supply. A friend gave me some 3-4 foot chunks of palm, so maybe I'll try a larger tiki for the new backyard. I kinda want to work on another swordfish bill though, so we'll see...

McTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-21 5:03 pm   Permalink

I love the accuracy of these. Very tight work sir. I am curious of what tools you use.

Keep em coming....

Thanks for sharing.

Mahalo!

McTiki

View Profile of McTiki Send a personal message to McTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2011-11-22 03:39 am   Permalink

wow...great work...sweet detail

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation