FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Archaeology: Moon Islander, South Titusville, Florida
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
Tiki Archaeology: Moon Islander, South Titusville, Florida
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-14 9:14 pm   Permalink

....and of course, there was always the chance I'd come across an article detailing the unfortunate passing of Ida.

I believe in a previous post, it was stated that she had been struck outside of the Moon Garden in Fort Pierce. Actually, she was living in NY as a newlywed at the time.

http://newspaperarchive.com/us/florida/fort-pierce/fort-pierce-news-tribune/1964/10-26/

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-11-20 3:02 pm   Permalink

I know it was already posted on page 3, but it was pretty cool I found a matchbook from the moon islander today out in the wild.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-02-20 12:07 pm   Permalink

As I was sorting through memorabilia, I came across this cocktail napkin, a relic of my junior high school prom dinner with Pat about fifty years ago at the Moon Islander Polynesian Restaurant in Titusville, Florida...

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
uncle trav
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-02-20 3:56 pm   Permalink

Great napkin Tom. I bet there are a lot of memories held in that little piece of paper.

View Profile of uncle trav Send a personal message to uncle trav      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTomD
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2017-02-20 5:33 pm   Permalink

Indeed there are, Trav... That is where I sealed the deal with the "dusky" maiden of my dreams!

-Tom

View Profile of TikiTomD Send a personal message to TikiTomD      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
howlinowl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-08 9:16 pm   Permalink

Been scrolling through Ebay, looking at postcards.

Found one of the old Moon Garden in Fort Pierce, Florida, the restaurant Moon Leug owned in Fort Pierce before the Moon Islander.

The restaurant was closed in 1964 and the building and sign stood until 2005 when it was demolished (mentioned in my previous posts).

Link to auction if anyone is interested:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unused-Pre-1980-RESTAURANT-SCENE-Fort-Pierce-Florida-FL-B8050-/372090103156?hash=item56a24c6574:g:dZwAAOSwpuBZzcBY

howlinowl

View Profile of howlinowl Send a personal message to howlinowl      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation