FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
Announcing the 7th annual Hukilau June 12-15, 2008
atomikitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 2:38 pm   Permalink

So excited (and relived) that we were able to make this year our FIRST Hukilau!

Making plans/reservations now . . . we would LOVE to know what time some of the other West Coast Ohana are making thier Mai Kai reservations for.

I'm sure we will meet a ton of fantastic new friends at Hukilau, but we'd love to dine with some friendly faces as well.

Reply here or shoot me a PM.

Mahalo!

Suzy

View Profile of atomikitty Send a personal message to atomikitty  Email atomikitty Goto the website of atomikitty     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
johnman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-07 3:09 pm   Permalink

Another great Hukilau mug! It will look very nice sitting next to my '06 mug.

View Profile of johnman Send a personal message to johnman  Goto the website of johnman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
420greg
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-28 4:22 pm   Permalink

The wife and I are all booked up as of today and I just wanted to add an update.

Although the Hukilau site and sheraton.com both say the hotel is full, I was able to get a room thru hotels.com yesterday. So you may want to try there. I think they have blocks of rooms set aside for them.

I just got off the phone with the Mai Kai and was able to get reservations for the first show, but she said it was almost full.

Since we are driving down from Orlando I will have my SUV to drive to the Mai Kai. I can take an additional 3 people with me if anyone wants to save on the $16 shuttle fee. I don't drink so I always make the perfect designated driver.

Just email me at 420greg at gmail dot com if you are going to the first show on the 14th and want to save a few bucks on the shuttle.

Greg

View Profile of 420greg Send a personal message to 420greg  Email 420greg Goto the website of 420greg     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Lake Surfer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-19 11:44 pm   Permalink

First off, I want to thank Christie and everyone else involved with Hukilau every year for putting together such a wonderful event! It has become one of the highlights of my year the last 4 years, and both inspired my art and offered me a great opportunity to bring my art to tiki lovers that attend the event from all over the world.

I'm counting the days until the drive to Fort Lauderdale begins, and I look forward to all the fun that this year's event is sure to offer once again!

I'm very excited to present to this year's attendees my new work! Over the long, cold winter I spent countless hours paging through reference books at the city library and bringing the inspiration I found in those pages to my studio.

For Hukilau 2008, I'm proud to present "The Island Collection." Carvings Inspired by the Beauty and Magic of the South Pacific.
My work focuses this year on the Marquesan, Cook and Hawaiian Islands.

My carvings were created with the Hukilau traveler in mind, as all but a few pieces fit easily into a suitcase or carry-on bag. Each piece is individually hand carved by me so your art is distinctively yours.

My work this year comes in a variety of sizes and styles from wall plaques, masks and smaller size tikis. Full figured tikis, tiki faces and even scale wall hangings of canoes and sailed outriggers are all part of "The Island Collection."

Please come by and visit my table in the Yankee Clipper Ballroom, say hello and check out my new work! I'd be honored to have a place in your tiki paradise!

See you in Fort Lauderdale!

Dave

Lake Tiki
Milwaukee, WI

View Profile of Lake Surfer Send a personal message to Lake Surfer      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 05:18 am   Permalink

100% in!!!

Mrs Boo rocks!!

See Y'all at the beach!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wentiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-05-22 1:17 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-05-19 23:44, Lake Surfer wrote:
First off, I want to thank Christie and everyone else involved with Hukilau every year for putting together such a wonderful event!

I second this, a huge thanks! Christie and everyone have done a massive amount of work to make the Hukilau happen. I'm literally counting the hours, I just...can't...WAIT!!!

View Profile of wentiki Send a personal message to wentiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GatorRob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-05-22 3:39 pm   Permalink

Here's a little pre-Hukilau entertainment for you all. If you sign in, you can download the source video at its full resolution.

Want more?

View Profile of GatorRob Send a personal message to GatorRob      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Intoxicating Nell

Posted: 2008-05-23 11:33 am   Permalink

CHEAP AIRFARE!!!
Just want to let any New York area tikiphiles know that I just bought my airplane ticket for the Hukilau last night and it was only $205 roundtrip!!! So if you've been waiting for the airfare to come down--now it has!
Get a ticket and get out of town for a weekend!!! Plus Fisherman will be performing!

View Profile of The Intoxicating Nell Send a personal message to The Intoxicating Nell  Email The Intoxicating Nell Goto the website of The Intoxicating Nell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-06-04 08:12 am   Permalink

I'm swimming circles 'till the big event ~

Sea you at the Wreck Bar!

Your Fishtailed Wahine~

~Marina~

View Profile of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid! Send a personal message to Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!  Goto the website of Marina the Fire Eating Mermaid!     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-06-07 6:29 pm   Permalink

I brought a bag of ZAZZ buttons on the milk carton boat http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=28600&forum=13&hilite=boating
to give out at The Hukilau (thanks again to Chongolio for working on design way back when). Fortunately they are in a ziplock bag so I don't think the salt water will damage them.

If you like it,it is ZAZZ! If you don't, give it a RAZZ.

[ This Message was edited by: mrsmiley 2008-06-07 18:30 ]

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KikiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-06-08 08:55 am   Permalink

I feel like a little kid who can't fall asleep before Christmas because they are too excited!

I can't wait til HUKILAU!!!!!!!!

See the Ohana's smiling faces, hear the bands, sip the mai tai's!!!!

Pele bless Tiki Kiliki for all her hard work so that we can have FUN!!!!!

See you all soon!!!

View Profile of KikiTiki Send a personal message to KikiTiki  Goto the website of KikiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation