FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » 2nd Annual TX Tikiphile gathering @ Trader Vic's May 3rd, 2008!
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
2nd Annual TX Tikiphile gathering @ Trader Vic's May 3rd, 2008!
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 2:59 pm   Permalink

Saturday, May 3rd. 2008, 6PM!!

That is the OFFICIAL date of the next big tikiphile gathering at Trader Vic's in Dallas, TX. One year after our last soiree, it's time to do it all over again. If you came last year, you'll remember what an insane time we had, and this year it should be even better!

We wanted to be sure everyone had enough time to plan ahead, which is why we're setting the date so far in advance. I've heard from several TC'ers from around the country during the last year telling me how much they want to check out Dallas Trader Vic's. Now’s your chance!

As of now, the plan is to limit our gathering to the bar area. It's easier to mingle and we can make as much noise as we want…AND you can order anything from the dinner menu you'd like. I'll list more details as I think of them.

For more info on Dallas Trader Vic’s check out this thread.

Want to join us? Post a response to this thread or send me a PM to be added to the list. I'll need a final head count by April 26th to secure our reservations in the bar area.

Here is the list of confirmed attendees which I'll be periodically updating.

Kenike + Mrs.
Benehune + Mrs.
Limbo Lizard & Monica
Mr.& Mrs. Bali_Dan + 1
Bernalicious & Tikiplex12
Mr. & Mrs. Tropical Icebergs
James S. (Kenike's friend...the guy that wore the kilt last year)
Dobrolic, Hulacat and Castlehune
Koitiki + guest

[ This Message was edited by: kenike 2008-05-02 15:29 ]

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-09 7:00 pm   Permalink

I'm in! (again)

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2008-01-09 11:11 pm   Permalink

If GROG can swing it, then GROG try and make it. It all depends on work and being able to get time off.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Benehune
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 10:50 am   Permalink

I am in. I don't know about my "guest".

View Profile of Benehune Send a personal message to Benehune      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 07:08 am   Permalink

We had a great time, last year. Barring any serious, unforeseen conflict, Monica and I will be there.
Good idea to keep it in the bar. It's the Trader Vic's atmosphere that's important, anyway. I'd rather budget our money for special drinks with special people in a special setting. The food is great, but expensive, and not really so special, anymore, with the explosion of exotic restaurant choices.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2008-01-11 07:11 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-11 5:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-09 23:11, GROG wrote:
If GROG can swing it, then GROG try and make it. It all depends on work and being able to get time off.

Kenike would like to drink grog with GROG. Kenike has only heard legend of GROG.

View Profile of Kenike Send a personal message to Kenike      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali_Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-13 11:46 am   Permalink

Count me and the wife in!

View Profile of Bali_Dan Send a personal message to Bali_Dan  Goto the website of Bali_Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Formikahini
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-28 2:39 pm   Permalink

I think the bar-only idea will be great!
We've done the fine dining table thing and it was great too. The trick will be our having enough space staked out in the bar.

Rugbymatt can be our bouncer.
"Sorry, no Hawaiian shirt (or dress), no entrance. Yeah, that means you, buddy - outta here!"

Well, I guess we can let him be a little more Aloha-spirity than that....

View Profile of Formikahini Send a personal message to Formikahini  Email Formikahini     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-30 4:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-28 14:39, Formikahini wrote:
The trick will be our having enough space staked out in the bar.

That should be taken care of. I've seen them reserve most of the bar for big parties in the past. They know we're coming and I told them to expect 50 people.

If anyone would like to have dinner in the dining room you'll have to make reservations.

Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-07 05:00 am   Permalink

Ok we've OFFICIALLY reserved a section of the bar...now if we can just get 50 people...

Bernalicious

Posted: 2008-02-12 08:46 am   Permalink

Bernalicious_the_Big_Kahuna and Tikiplex12 will be there!

View Profile of Bernalicious Send a personal message to Bernalicious      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kenike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 09:26 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-02-12 08:46, Bernalicious wrote:
Bernalicious_the_Big_Kahuna and Tikiplex12 will be there!

YAY!! Love to see more locals make themselves known.

leisure master
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-02-12 09:34 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-09 19:00, rugbymatt wrote:
I'm in! (again)

Dude, I don't know how you do it. Seriously, you log more tikimiles than anyone.

View Profile of leisure master Send a personal message to leisure master  Email leisure master     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-02-12 5:38 pm   Permalink

Do they have a card I need to get for those "tikimiles"?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bali_Dan
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-02-16 09:54 am   Permalink

Add another one to Mr and Mrs Bali Dan. My cousin lives about 5 minutes from Trader's Vic so she will come with us.

View Profile of Bali_Dan Send a personal message to Bali_Dan  Goto the website of Bali_Dan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation