FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events Rugbymatt back in St Pete/Tampa 9 Jan.
Rugbymatt back in St Pete/Tampa 9 Jan.
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-09 7:10 pm   Permalink

Aloha, I'm baaaaack!

Time for my annualy conference at the Vinoy in St. Pete. I will be staying over on Friday the 9th so I wanted to see if the local ohana were up for anything?

[ This Message was edited by: rugbymatt 2008-01-09 19:32 ]

[ This Message was edited by: Rugbymatt 2008-12-05 09:14 ]

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-17 5:39 pm   Permalink

Pablus,

Mahalo for being such a great host last Saturday when I was in town. Now I am back where the snow is gently falling......aaargh! Anyway here are some snaps of a great day out:

tailgating tiki style

The Gulf of Tiki Resolution

Sunset Pablus

beachside tiki bar at the famous Thunderbird motel

tiki bar roof sign

Gulf coast sunset

Florida's ultimate tiki-sports bar "The Hut" at John's Pass
Nice front door

and the boardwalk entrance

Cool water feature

Got enough TV's?

View Profile of rugbymatt Send a personal message to rugbymatt  Email rugbymatt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-17 6:32 pm   Permalink

Yeah, one flat screen over every giant pole.
The poles are actually pretty nice - concretish plasticized sort of stuff.

It was a fun afternnon and evening, Mr. Matt.
Tiki Gardens Parking Lot is just sad.

Oh and for you Floridians - Norman's in St. Pete doesn't sell Trader Vics syrups anymore.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiLaLe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-18 09:21 am   Permalink

Brothers seperated at birth, back together !!!!!

View Profile of TikiLaLe Send a personal message to TikiLaLe  Email TikiLaLe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-22 5:36 pm   Permalink

Hey, I resemble that remark!

AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-23 4:14 pm   Permalink

Loved the Thunderbird. Stayed there last year and spent way too much money at that little tiki bar! The beaches are beautiful, but you better be ready for a hike to get down to the water. While we were there it had to be a half mile. There were chairs halfway to take a breather/drink!! Would recommend that place to anyone looking for fun, sun and a mid-quality room.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hinano_Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-23 4:41 pm   Permalink

Matt,

I am so excited I thought it was just the two of us....now were triplets! Cant wait to meet our third brother in June!

[ This Message was edited by: Hinano_Paul 2008-01-23 16:42 ]

View Profile of Hinano_Paul Send a personal message to Hinano_Paul  Email Hinano_Paul Goto the website of Hinano_Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
pablus
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-24 10:53 am   Permalink

<<I am so excited I thought it was just the two of us....now were triplets! Cant wait to meet our third brother in June! >>

Yeah, mom got around.
Or dad.
Somebody.

btw, Matt - thanks for the stogie, I smoked it Tuesday at a Jazz Club and the essence was so pervasive that a well-dressed gentleman (wearing a freaking ascot) came over and asked to see the cigar. Shook his head - said he liked those - and then we struck up a conversation. After about 30 minutes - it was determined that The Amber Love Goddess and I should stay at his villa in Tuscany. He presented me with an email address and that led to some web photos. The place is basically a castle. So now we've got a place to stay in Tuscany all because of your cigar.

Got any more?

I need a new car, a 3 month stay at a health spa and a ticket on the space plane.
So, you better send 4 or 5 of them.

View Profile of pablus Send a personal message to pablus  Email pablus Goto the website of pablus     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-26 09:04 am   Permalink

Pablus,

Glad to help you strike up ne acquiantences. I always have plenty of quality smokes on hand. Was tha a Rocky Patel Fusion I left you with (blue band)? I'll have plenty at Hukilau.

Matt

rugbymatt
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-12-05 09:15 am   Permalink

Back again this year and will be staying over the evening of the 9th. Anybody up for some cocktails?

U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation