[Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Mana in a Plastic Uke [Warning: Adult Material]
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Mana in a Plastic Uke [Warning: Adult Material]
rronald33
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-01-09 7:55 pm   Permalink

During the Fifties,the Maccaferri company made about nine million plastic ukes.

Toy instruments that sounded quite good.

But,I found out that they have another usage...In my copyrighted story, "Guitar Fetish" (published excerpt in 1985's "Hawaii Play Lei") I recounted the story
of when I was just a young boy...and saw a country-and-western televison music
show where someone played the old-style lap steel ("Hawaiian") guitar; the pedal
steel hadn't been invented yet...this was about 1953.

I had a plastic ukulele,and laid it across my lap,trying to imitate the musician's
actions. The throbbing,sticky rhythms of the steel guitar from the music soaked into
the ukulele...and vibrated it against my private parts (I was wearing only pajamas.)

I thought I was in heaven...especially when I found out how to put the uke between
my legs and get that beautiful feeling. It felt so good that I passed out...and
became a lifelong fetish.

So,this "straight" guy can truly appreciate wahines playing guitars...especially
electric ones...and I've an idea for converting some of those old plastic ukes into
sex toys!

View Profile of rronald33 Send a personal message to rronald33  Email rronald33 Goto the website of rronald33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 8:13 pm   Permalink

Now that is a genuinely weird post! Congrats! Ukelele stuff was always too "pre-Tiki" for me, but this here sounds interesting.

Hey, now that this is out of the bag, maybe we can finally start a thread that discusses the Tiki as a phallus symbol !!! (...and I don't mean that Tiki dildo thread from last summer!)

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 9:13 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:36 ]

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 10:50 pm   Permalink

You're kidding, right? It is about time that the Tiki motto "Less Virtual Reality, More Ritual Virility" gets implicated here. Tiki culture should represent a haven that is free of the American paranoia regarding anything related to sexuality. Sexual experiences are not evil...dig?

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 10:58 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:37 ]

View Profile of mymotiki Send a personal message to mymotiki  Email mymotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 11:09 pm   Permalink

Yeah well, that seems to be one of the few things that American guys can come up with when the subject of sexuality is brought up...you know, it actually is about much more than that. ...err, how old are you?

mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 11:13 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:38 ]

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 11:23 pm   Permalink

I am sorry, a thing like that will spoil your "sexual freedom" outlook a bit. The best way to handle such nonsense is to laugh it off. And to not throw it all into one pot.

I myself am kinda dissappointed that 99.9% of the Tiki revival Tikis have been carved sans phallus so far....it's like the missionaries have won! C'mon, WHAT is the definiton of a Tiki, Book of Tiki, page 22, number 3 !?

mymotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 11:30 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: mymotiki 2008-06-14 20:38 ]

christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-09 11:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2008-01-09 23:23, bigbrotiki wrote:
I myself am kinda dissappointed that 99.9% of the Tiki revival Tikis have been carved sans phallus so far....it's like the missionaries have won! C'mon, WHAT is the definiton of a Tiki, Book of Tiki, page 22, number 3 !?

That is one of my favorite definitions of Tiki.
One would expect the Marquesan Tiki style to be more popular, but disappointingly, it is not.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2008-01-10 05:24 am   Permalink

With hundreds of bare-breasted women plastered across yards of velvet, hung on walls and enamored as collectibles, no reason ya can't have a sexual appreciation for a toy uke (whatever floats your outrigger).

I like Tiki art that has a little shock value to it. I don't have a big Tiki in my home as I am waiting to find the right one for me, and I sure like this one.

I agree, that the phallus should not be devoid or hidden. This guy certainly has it going on and I think the picture as a whole is quite beautiful.

Bring on the uke!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Gnomon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 06:47 am   Permalink

I thought Tiki was the original man on Earth in Maori mythology and, before it took on its myriad other meanings, was always a phallic symbol.

View Profile of The Gnomon Send a personal message to The Gnomon      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 07:05 am   Permalink

I too think that we are much too up tight about sexuality in this country
. The artist Jesus posted in the above picture and a few others and was shunned ny most TCers. How many TCers besides Vampiress and I welcomed him?
Many Tiki have been mutilated since missionary influence.
The same thing happened in America in the 1930's after the Hayes commission. It started to relax in the sixties when my mother did the Trade Wind's and Lobster Trap which both had nudity as part of the art.
The Lobster Trap still has the paintings which have been mutilated, the breasts have been painted over and the bronze mermaid had her nipples ground off. Watch a episode of Monty Python Flying Circus here and its been censored for American TV.

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 07:17 am   Permalink

Mymotiki, thank you for understanding where I am coming from ...though you yourself pc-edited your posts so that my replies don't make much sense now
But that is OK, everyone has the right to do that here if they feel they said too much.

I am glad that rronald did not edit his so far, I did not want him to get scared away (though he might've scared some of you away ) I find it very entertaining to imagine him performing his act in a clown suit

Vamp, I missed that Marquesan Mama when it was initially posted, who did it, and where is it now? I like the way the private part was rendered, it reminds me of the New Guinea original that the Trader Vic's logo was based on (BOT p.247)

The Granite Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-10 08:14 am   Permalink

I have a classic old plastic uke, and although the line drawing hula girls on the headstock are certainly alluring, the Arthur Godfrey "uke player" chord playing button device is a real turn off.

Now don't get me wrong, I have nothing against artificial sexual stimulants or anything like that, but as a musician, I feel someone should truly learn all their chords before placing the uke between their legs and getting off.

Granted, I could just take the "uke player" off and go it old school, but I've been told that would severely effect the value of a classic Arthur Godfrey Plastic Uke.

So no experimentation has begun, yet.

I have questions about chords though. Are there certain chords that feel better?
Are major chords like a romp in the hay whereas minor chords are a more solemn and quieter church choir loft tryst?

And what about diminished and augmented chords? Is that too kinky?

Do whole tone scales immediately bring about a dream sequence feel?

Thanks in advance for any further information you can offer.

View Profile of The Granite Tiki Send a personal message to The Granite Tiki  Email The Granite Tiki Goto the website of The Granite Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation