FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Beyond Tiki Mana in a Plastic Uke [Warning: Adult Material]
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
Mana in a Plastic Uke [Warning: Adult Material]
bananabobs
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-01-20 4:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-01-12 12:36, GROG wrote:
Seems like this thread should be in "Beyond Tiki" rather than "General Tiki".

I agree...perhaps even a different site?

View Profile of bananabobs Send a personal message to bananabobs      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rronald33
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-06 4:20 pm   Permalink

My update to this thread:

(1) The "Hawaiian" (lap steel) guitar is also an electric guitar. This means it can be FELT as well as heard.
(2) I think the rhythms of the steel guitar correspond EXACTLY to the rhythms of sex. For at least 50 years this kind of music was used by a LOT of people for baby-making purposes! Avante-garde pedal steel player Susan Alcorn,admits that part of steel guitar playing has sexual climaxes in it,LOL!!
(3) I don't think it's an accident that a certain big plastic ukulele (made by Mattel in 1957) was colored red-and-black (fetish colors).
(4) The eroticism associated with steel guitar music also explains why (until recently) few wahines ever played it.Also,in 1969,certain Japanese "men's" magazines ran photos of comely wahines with (guess what-plastic ukes) coyly covering their genital regions....

The above is all a function of guitar fetishism. Mixing sex with music is essential to human culture,and is "socially redeeming". I hope someday someone will make a movie about guitar fetishism...observing my copyrights,of course! (I'd heard about 20 years ago,that somebody was going to make a documentary called "The Wild Thing" with such musicians as Bonnie Raitt...but nothing seems to have come of that.)

View Profile of rronald33 Send a personal message to rronald33  Email rronald33 Goto the website of rronald33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-06 4:30 pm   Permalink

It's the return of the "Ukulele Masturbation" thread, good times indeed.....

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rronald33
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-02-06 6:22 pm   Permalink

Mahalo.

Yes,I heard that in the mid-50's (when I was just a tyke) all people did was sit at home and listen to the "Arthur Godfrey" Show!

In the conservative Fifties there wasn't much of a way to express erotic feeling except through sophisticated culture. Back then,non-marital sex was considered "bad taste" on the Mainland. So,more excuses to go to the Islands...

I remember the liner notes on one Hawaiian music LP. "Children listening to this music are too young to know
WHAT THIS MUSIC IS FOR!" Hee,hee.

Polynesian eroticism will always be with us. It's eternal. It's the best.

View Profile of rronald33 Send a personal message to rronald33  Email rronald33 Goto the website of rronald33     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-06 6:55 pm   Permalink

Thank god someone invented Masturbation in the 1960s!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-02-06 7:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-06 16:30, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
It's the return of the "Ukulele Masturbation" thread, good times indeed.....

Just ignore it and it'll go away.

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation