FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events Other Events nett jr - Tiki Tour - 4/26/08
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
nett jr - Tiki Tour - 4/26/08
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 3:45 pm   Permalink

Oh good, someone who can help me knock back Campari (I tend towards Campari and OJ however).

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-24 4:09 pm   Permalink

Ok. I live in New Bedford, but won't be able to join everyone on the bus. Approximately what time will the entourage be at Chuck's China Inn? Will you be stopping by Mon Kou in Attleboro first? If so, I could meet everyone up there and follow the bus to Chuck's? I have a hair appointment (ahh, the vanity) at 11:30AM that usually lasts about 1 1/2 hours. I'd like to see everyone!!!

Cheers!
~Ramona

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
suzanne
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-24 8:28 pm   Permalink

Yay Ramona!

Someone give her the 411 so we can be sure to have this crazy wonderful gal join us!

Also, is anyone interested in sharing a room at the Days Inn? PM Me!

Suzanne

View Profile of suzanne Send a personal message to suzanne  Goto the website of suzanne     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 06:23 am   Permalink

CAMPARI and SODA... did someone say Campari and Soda! My fave! I was in the North End last night drinking Campari and Soda, drowning my sorrows Italian style, after the Red Sox loss to the Angels. It was a "Nearly' perfect day at Fenway, an extraordinary night in the North End.. and now.. looking forward to a pu-pulicious, mai-tai fine weekend on the nett,jr. Whose bringing the Campari, man can only drink so much orgeat.

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-25 06:25 am   Permalink

Quote:
See, the way I see it, ordering a rum and coke is WAAYYYY more sacrilegious, but what the heck do I know?

Blech, rum and coke. Drunk and too wired to pass out. (See also: red bull and vodka.)

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kristiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-25 06:27 am   Permalink

By the way, I can't remember if we mentioned this or not, but we'll be at the Days Inn early Friday evening (I'm guessing 6:30-7ish). I don't guess this lot will be too hard to find!

View Profile of kristiki Send a personal message to kristiki  Goto the website of kristiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 06:53 am   Permalink

The FAQ for the tour is pretty clear about not allowing people to follow along in their own vehicles for liability reasons so I don't think that is an option?

View Profile of rev_thumper Send a personal message to rev_thumper      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jpmartdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 07:35 am   Permalink

I might be wrong in stating this, but certainly the 'joints' aren't closed to the public. Yes following along the tour behind the bus isn't cool for a lot of reasons, but..
all is in the hands of the Gods of the Tour, Pap and Bar

View Profile of jpmartdog Send a personal message to jpmartdog  Email jpmartdog Goto the website of jpmartdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
velveteenlounge
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 07:46 am   Permalink

We'll be the ones (well, one of the ones, anyway) with a tiki on our door (tonight, I mean)!

Well, I guess we typically have a tiki on our door at home, too. But we will tonight as well.

Better start packing the car so we can hit the road!

[ This Message was edited by: velveteenlounge 2008-04-25 07:47 ]

View Profile of velveteenlounge Send a personal message to velveteenlounge  Goto the website of velveteenlounge     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tikisgrl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 08:06 am   Permalink

Looking forward to seeing everyone tomorrow! I'll be the one in the Hawaiian shirt with the big cooler full of Passover stuff!

Beth

View Profile of Tikisgrl Send a personal message to Tikisgrl  Email Tikisgrl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
rev_thumper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:03 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-25 07:35, jpmartdog wrote:
I might be wrong in stating this, but certainly the 'joints' aren't closed to the public. Yes following along the tour behind the bus isn't cool for a lot of reasons, but..
all is in the hands of the Gods of the Tour, Pap and Bar

True, I am just saying don't be shocked if itinerary details are not forthcoming.

Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:09 am   Permalink

As far as joining us for one stop, I dont have as big a problem with that on this tour as I do on the full fledged NETT (This being more of a no frills trip), and its certainly better than the "follow the bus" idea, but it still raises issues.

We've got two open seats....why not re-schedule the hair appointment, and join us for the entire day?

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bogielocks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-25 10:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2008-04-24 16:09, lildeuce32 wrote:
Ok. I live in New Bedford, but won't be able to join everyone on the bus. Approximately what time will the entourage be at Chuck's China Inn? Will you be stopping by Mon Kou in Attleboro first? If so, I could meet everyone up there and follow the bus to Chuck's? I have a hair appointment (ahh, the vanity) at 11:30AM that usually lasts about 1 1/2 hours. I'd like to see everyone!!!

Cheers!
~Ramona

Hi Ramona,

From one New Bedfordite to another... Hope you can make it to Chucks..

Cheers!

Rick

View Profile of Bogielocks Send a personal message to Bogielocks      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lildeuce32
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2008-04-25 4:55 pm   Permalink

I won't be rescheduling my appointment, but thanks for honoring at least one bar visit.

Hello, fellow New Bedfordite! Hello, Suzanne! Hope I do get to see you tomorrow.

~Ramona

View Profile of lildeuce32 Send a personal message to lildeuce32  Email lildeuce32 Goto the website of lildeuce32     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bargoyle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2008-04-28 12:10 pm   Permalink

Alive.........

barely.

Sorry I didnt hang out too much for the afterparty room crawls. About 4 too many of those '34 zombies.

Hope everyone had a good time. It was nice to see everyone (even though you were all blurry by the end of the night).

And appologies to Pappy for keeping him up all night with my snoring.

Pics & such later.

View Profile of Bargoyle Send a personal message to Bargoyle  Email Bargoyle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation